Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This (2590 Views)

Which Brilliant Nairalander Will Solve This Riddle / Brain Teaser: How Brilliant Are You / Only The Brilliant Can Solve This Riddle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by sholasong(m): 1:34pm On May 27, 2010
A man has three beautiful daughters and everybody in town loved to catch a glympse at them, by the time they grew up to like age 18, the man decided to make three building in a compound for the three ladies so that people can come to see them one by one, he then set a rule for anybody that comes to see the ladies. this is the rule:

if you want to enter into any of the ladies building you must pay 50 kobo at the entrance, whatever amount of money you have on you will be doubled by the lady visited, you pay 50 kobo at exit then proceed to the next lady while the rule is repeated.

this is the question:

A man went to see the three ladies, by the time he came out of the last lady's building he had 0 kobo on him,
how much was on him before he entered the first lady's building.

you may give your answers with hypothesis.
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by Woke4all(m): 2:31pm On May 27, 2010
The man was having 75kobo before entering and after droping 50kobo at the entrance, he waz left 25kobo which was doubled to be 50kobo and at his exit he droped 50kobo that's why he iz left with nothing. am i right?
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by Woke4all(m): 2:35pm On May 27, 2010
The man was having 75kobo before entering and after droping 50kobo at the entrance, he waz left 25kobo which was doubled to be 50kobo and at his exit he droped 50kobo that's why he iz left with nothing. am i right?
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by sholasong(m): 2:36pm On May 27, 2010
woke you are wrong, if you read the question again you will understand that the payment has to be repeated in the other two ladies building
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by Spyker: 3:12pm On May 27, 2010
The man had 75k on him.
On visiting the first lady, he paid 50 kobo and was left with 25k which was doubled.
He went to the second lady's house and paid 50k but nothing was download since he had no money.
On reaching the third lady's house, he could not see her because he doesn't have any money, so he left without seeing her.
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by sholasong(m): 4:10pm On May 27, 2010
Spyker, you are a genius but your answer is not correct.
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by ziyaun: 4:43pm On May 27, 2010
dude had 125naira
gave 50 at the first lady's house,had 75naira left.inside she doubled it to 150 and on leaving he gave another 50naira meaning on getting to the second lady's house he had 100naira. gave 50 to see second lady,left with 50,she doubled it to 100 and he gave another 50 at the exit so was left wiv 50naira. paid 50naira to see d third lady and was left wiv zero naira for her to double when he met her
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by sholasong(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2010
Ziyaun, you tried but you got it wrong, maybe if you look at the question very well you could solve it at the end of the day.
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by ziyaun: 5:26pm On May 27, 2010
oga sholasong u got me der,but this time i came back ready for this ur question.u wan fall my hand for internet,i SAY NO.abi no be maths again.here is ur answer,
dude had 131.25naira.gave 50 at the first door,was left with 81.25naira,doubled by the lady to 162.5naira,gave 50 at d exit n was left wiv 112.5naira,
gave 50 at d second door,left wiv 62.5naira,doubled to by d second lady to 125naira,he gave another 50 at d second exit n was left wiv 75naira. gave 50 at d 3rd door,left wiv 25,doubled by 3rd lady to 50 n gave d 50 back at her exit.left wiv 0.00naira
clap 4 me o
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by sholasong(m): 5:52pm On May 27, 2010
Ziyaun, you try small sha but you still got it wrong, read the question very well and pay attention to details.
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by ziyaun: 7:25pm On May 27, 2010
well my answer is 131.25,be it naira or kobo or dollars or whatever. if dats wrong then maybe u just didnt give enough details cos "WHATEVER AMOUNT LEFT ON HIM" is quite vague u would agree. i try sha,i clap for myself
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by Woke4all(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2010
I NO GO CARRY LAST

The guy started with 131.25kobo  at the first entrance he paid 50k and 81.25 was left with him which was doubled to 162.5k then he paid 50 at exit and was left with 112.5kobo[\b]

At the second building he paid 50k when entering and was left with 62.5kobo which was double to be 125k and at exit he paid 50 and was left with [b]75kobo

At entering the third building he paid 50kobo and was left with 25k which was doubled to be 50 and at the exit he paid 50k that's why he came out with  0kobo  or nothing.

am i right?
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by ziyaun: 9:15pm On May 27, 2010
Woke4all:

I NO GO CARRY LAST

The guy started with 125.5kobo  at the first entrance he paid 50k and 75.5 was left with him which was doubled to 152.5k then he paid 50 at exit and was left with 102.5kobo[\b]

[b]am i right?

woke, 75.5*2 is 151 and not 152.2, lol. u got it wrong bro, all d same i think theres something wrong with d question cos i answered it as 131.25 and dude said its wrong.
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by Woke4all(m): 10:18am On May 28, 2010
ziyaun:

woke, 75.5*2 is 151 and not 152.2, lol. u got it wrong bro, all d same i think theres something wrong with d question cos i answered it as 131.25 and dude said its wrong.
If you look very well you will see i made a typo mistake which hv been corrected. And if the poster say [b]131.25[b/] is not correct then i suggest he ask the question again.
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by ziyaun: 10:42am On May 28, 2010
yes o,i am waiting on mr poster to tell us the correct answer or ask the question again cos 131.25 is like d only logical answer
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by sholasong(m): 11:50am On May 28, 2010
didn't you guys take lessons on Naira and Kobo in your primary school Arithmetics? lol
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by ziyaun: 12:31pm On May 28, 2010
this guyyyyy,do u know how many years back that was.our head don block,abeg tell us the answer.i believe i got it right sha. 131.25kobo or 1 naira 32 kobo or der about
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by Woke4all(m): 2:01pm On May 28, 2010
sholasong:

didn't you guys take lessons on Naira and Kobo in your primary school Arithmetics? lol
Is this an excuse? If i tell you say 1.5million you no go know say na 1million 500 thousand?

Ok 131.25kobo or 1naira 31 and half kobo

if it's wrong pls post the correct one so we can learn from you.

ziyaun:

this guyyyyy, [b]do u know how many years back that was.[/b]our head don block,abeg tell us the answer.i believe i got it right sha. 131.25kobo or 1 naira 32 kobo or der about
no mind am jor, We don ready get am but ur conversion no correct.
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by sholasong(m): 6:24pm On May 28, 2010
can someone for heaven's sake get this right ones and for all.
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by SeanT21(f): 12:55am On May 29, 2010
Tough one!!

What is a kobo? Tell us non-Nigerians here please
!!
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by Obinoscopy(m): 3:19am On May 29, 2010
omo the answer can only be 131.25 kobo. Unless if the exit of one building is the entrance of the other. In that case the answer shld be 93.75 kobo
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by jamace(m): 5:34am On May 29, 2010
The man had N87.50 at first.

Proof:
First lady -The man came with N87.50, paid N50, left with N37.50, when doubled becomes N75.

Second lady- The man came with N75, paid N50 and has N25 left but when doubled becomes N50.

Third Lady- The man arrives here with N50 and paid N50. Has ZERO NAIRA left.

Up meeeee!!!! I don win!!! Oya OP bring my prize sharp, sharp  grin   grin
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by Obinoscopy(m): 9:14am On May 29, 2010
jamace:

The man had N87.50 at first.

Proof:
First lady -The man came with N87.50, paid N50, left with N37.50, when doubled becomes N75.

Second lady- The man came with N75, paid N50 and has N25 left but when doubled becomes N50.

Third Lady- The man arrives here with N50 and paid N50. Has ZERO NAIRA left.

Up meeeee!!!! I don win!!! Oya OP bring my prize sharp, sharp  grin   grin

Read the question well. The man is to pay the 50 kobo both when he is entering and exiting each of the buildings. So you're wrong tongue tongue tongue
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by jamace(m): 1:10pm On May 29, 2010
^^^^ Oh sorry.
Here is the solution.
Let x be the initial money.
(x-50)2-50=U (where U is money left after seeing lady1)------Eqn1
(U-50)2-50=V (where V is money left after seeing lady2)-------Eqn2
(V-50)2=0 -----------Eqn3*
*Note that the man did not pay any exit pass in Eqn3* (Third lady) because there was no other (Fourth) lady to see. Poor man, he was not even having a single kobo in his pocket while seeing the third lady. What if the lady had ask for a bottle of Fanta? He also missed the blessing of doubling his money because there was no money left to double.  cheesy cheesy

From Eqn3*, V=50
Putting value of V in Eqn2 gives U=100
Put U in Eqn1 gives X=125k

So, the man started with 125k.  cheesy  cheesy

Oya, OP what do you have to say?
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by Amigoz(f): 12:09am On May 30, 2010
I am brilliant cheesy my mama and papa talk am tongue

therefore i agree with the person that got it right cheesy
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by jamace(m): 8:17pm On May 31, 2010
OP where are you?
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by jamace(m): 9:34am On Jun 03, 2010
OP
I go vex if u no appear sharp sharp now cheesy
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by sholasong(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2010
Jamace na wa 4 u o, with all those equations of yours you still got it wrong. i believe you guys won't request for orijo
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by Amigoz(f): 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
sholasong:

Jamace na wa 4 u o, with all those equations of yours you still got it wrong. i believe you guys won't request for orijo

talk true shola, u dont know the answer cheesy tongue
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by jamace(m): 1:13am On Jun 04, 2010
Oya, produce the answer if you say I'm wrong!
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by AqRiUsAge(f): 1:29am On Jun 04, 2010
wetin b d ansa na
Re: Are U Brilliant? Then Solve This by maree7(f): 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2010
sholasong:

A man has three beautiful daughters and everybody in town loved to catch a glympse at them, by the time they grew up to like age 18, the man decided to make three building in a compound for the three ladies so that people can come to see them one by one, he then set a rule for anybody that comes to see the ladies. this is the rule:

if you want to enter into any of the ladies building you must pay 50 kobo at the entrance, whatever amount of money you have on you will be doubled by the lady visited, you pay 50 kobo at exit then proceed to the next lady while the rule is repeated.

this is the question:

A man went to see the three ladies, by the time he came out of the last lady's building he had 0 kobo on him,
how much was on him before he entered[b] the first lady's building[/b].

you may give your answers with hypothesis.

0 kobo
I think it's a riddle rather than a math question. the man does not need money, hopefully, before he enters the first lady's (the president's wife) building. So the "fisrt lady" = president's wife

Sholasong is this correct?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Find Ur Birthday Mate. Comment Ur Birthday Nd See Who Shares Ur Birthday / Download PES 2021 ISO PPSSPP Android Full Transfer Of 2021 Season / Vote Or Nominate The Most Dirtiest Posters On This Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.