Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol (60976 Views)

Pastor Orders Bride To Remove Eyelashes At Wedding / Delta Pastor Allegedly Sells His Church, Members To Another Cleric, Moves Abroad / Pastor Orders Church Members To Kiss One Another During Service (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Oforbuikem1(m): 2:56pm On May 27, 2018
Daniel058:
but bible no talk say na Alcohol grin

Check your dictionary meaning of "wine".

If it has no alcohol, then it is juice.

Jesus turned water into "wine" as his first miracle. It was never into juice.
After that miracle, he took another one while on the cross though a fermented one, he shouted "Alloy Alloy!! This is not from Sebastian "... Sebastian taps the wine while Aloysius buys it. It wasn't Sebastian's own he bought this time.
When Jesus resurrected, he told the first woman he appeared to, "tell my disciples to meet me at Galilee ; That was where he did the first miracle of turning water into wine, he knew some wine was still remaining there.
Remember during the last supper, he told them during the drinking of the wine "Do this in memory of me". So whenever you are drinking wine, it is in remembrance of Jesus.

Please don't mind my mistakes, I didn't proofread.

1 Like

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by bionixs: 2:57pm On May 27, 2018
CandidSeeker:

Jesus took alcohol...

Matthew 11:18-19 NKJV
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' [19] The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children."

You can buy alcohol with part of your tithe...

Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV
And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

-Peace.

it will take God Himself to deliver you. I pity you
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by loswhite(m): 2:58pm On May 27, 2018
haywire07:
I like pastors who stand by their word. It's called discipline
Even Jesus did other ppl not to drink alcohol...The problem we have in Africa is many ppl like yourself are slave to pastors

2 Likes

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by tp2dcore: 2:59pm On May 27, 2018
streetsoldier1:
Chai...This is John Lee,my course mate back in FUTA days, Applied Geophysics

John Lee the was living in NEW CITY LODGE right ? The guy is from DELTA STATE. . if he is the one then we live together those days I'm futa....
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by bionixs: 3:00pm On May 27, 2018
sapeleboi:
but jesus turned water into wine ,why would he be angry
wine is what you were told but ALCOHOLIC wine is what you love to hear. keep receiving yourself
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Matam(f): 3:14pm On May 27, 2018
Wetin carry am go reception, where I worship pastors rarely attend receptions. Their meals are served immediately after the wedding.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:14pm On May 27, 2018
Macnnoli4:
I don't blame them, alcohol thrives in SS and SE. Pot bellies are plenty there.
i agree with u...

Now let's talk about the 3 million bottles of sweet sweet coda consumed in kano alone daily and the latrines,evulstic gum,super glue,cold patch aka suck and die by the youths in kaduna and most parts of the north.

Lets talk about all the elehas imprisoned with old mallam diccks and who eventually have Vaginal issues like VVF..And they stink with terrible stench all over the place..

Lets talk about their holy promiscuity..
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2018
haywire07:

Jesus turned water to wine.
Nobody told you ?

1 Like

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:17pm On May 27, 2018
bionixs:
wine is what you were told but ALCOHOLIC wine is what you love to hear. keep receiving yourself
yea and if your intentions was to prove that it wasn't alcoholic u did a bad job..

Because if actually it wasnt then why repeated references that take a little for the stomach's sake..Or drink but don't be drunk..

Please explain...Or do a better a job..Stop receiving ursef..Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by sapeleboi(m): 3:25pm On May 27, 2018
nobody knowns weather it was alcoholic
bionixs:
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Juliusdking(m): 3:30pm On May 27, 2018
adontcare:
Jesus wet turn water to wine Na Satan abi?
u dey drink?
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by bixton(m): 3:32pm On May 27, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Catholics need a pastor like this... They turn church hall into secular parties during wedding receptions - with loads of alcohol & worldly music + dance steps

++Modified++

For all those mentions, u shld all understand that I'm not a stranger in d Catholic church.

Recently, during the Harvest of one of d outstations here, people got drunk, quarrelled, broke bottles, & destroyed some other things. The CMO particularly, shld be warned about this. Imagine a situation whereby youths come with loads of alcohol too..... The Church is a Holy place & shld be kept Holy pls!

I am not a Catholic and neither am I holding brief for such practice.
Except different Catholic churches within different districts practice differently. The few weddings and dedications I've attended within a Catholic church, all the receptions were held outside the main church hall but within the premises.

1 Like

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Juliusdking(m): 3:32pm On May 27, 2018
adontcare:
Jesus wet turn water to wine Na Satan abi?
u dey drink

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Powerexpert: 3:33pm On May 27, 2018
Don't forget to take snake pepper soup too
EgunMogaji:

Why am I thinking of drinking Lacasera all of a sudden wink
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by bionixs: 3:34pm On May 27, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
yea and if your intentions was to prove that it wasn't alcoholic u did a bad job..

Because if actually it wasnt then why repeated references that take a little for the stomach's sake..Or drink but don't be drunk..

Please explain...Or do a better a job..Stop receiving ursef..Lol
oga so all at the wedding had stomach problem and that is why He made the alcoholic medicine from water. oga stop drinking, it is beginning to affect your reasoning. meanwhile, drink if you want to and leave Jesus out of it.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by kevoh(m): 3:34pm On May 27, 2018
Pastor Bad Belle! grin Delta people and shayo is like Fulani and drinking milk straight from cow udder! You can not part those two...
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by M0ron: 3:36pm On May 27, 2018
haywire07:

Too many pseudo Christians I tell you
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by ikorodureporta: 3:36pm On May 27, 2018
bixton:

I am not a Catholic and neither am I holding brief for such practice.
Except different Catholic churches within different districts practice differently. The few weddings and dedications I've attended within a Catholic church, all the receptions were held outside the main church hall but within the premises.

still in d church compound na...thats wht i meant, not in d main sanctuary
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by chubinwa(m): 3:50pm On May 27, 2018
Give to Caesar what belongs to him and to God what belongs to him. No b my handwriting o
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Postanalyser: 3:50pm On May 27, 2018
streetsoldier1:
Chai...This is John Lee,my course mate back in FUTA days, Applied Geophysics

Shey the guy likes alco die?

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Ten06(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2018
Why will a boma/jaguda go and wed in a church?
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:58pm On May 27, 2018
bionixs:
oga so all at the wedding had stomach problem and that is why He made the alcoholic medicine from water. oga stop drinking, it is beginning to affect your reasoning. meanwhile, drink if you want to and leave Jesus out of it.
lol..ignorant and foolish response from a dunce...

Stop being ridiculously judgemental even if its a defect u av on default perhaps u shud refrain and restrain ur brain to mind and keep the foolishness and lousiness within u..

My take..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by chrischukszy01(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2018
haywire07:
D wife no even fine set.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by chrischukszy01(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2018
haywire07:
D wife no even fine sef
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by okerekeikpo: 4:05pm On May 27, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Catholics need a pastor like this... They turn church hall into secular parties during wedding receptions - with loads of alcohol & worldly music + dance steps

++Modified++

For all those mentions, u shld all understand that I'm not a stranger in d Catholic church.

Recently, during the Harvest of one of d outstations here, people got drunk, quarrelled, broke bottles, & destroyed some other things. The CMO particularly, shld be warned about this. Imagine a situation whereby youths come with loads of alcohol too..... The Church is a Holy place & shld be kept Holy pls!
my ur business pls
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Sammyblaq(m): 4:17pm On May 27, 2018
Make them go ooo...
Make en do other people wey go dey remain.

Na the church marry wife give the guy¿
#SomeChurchesSha.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by nuroegbu(m): 4:23pm On May 27, 2018
Why do we mix things up? My stands, wedding reception isn't a church program and that's why educated pastors don't attend receptions and if they do, they have in mind its not a church event.. D pastor is wrong on this.. Wen Jesus attended a "wedding ceremony" he saw d need for wine n wen it was lacking, he turned water into wine and left.. Let's be guided.. Pastors aren't saints

1 Like

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 27, 2018
Who invites pastors to a wedding reception? Their work ends after the church wedding. That's why wedding planners usually package food for officiating ministers right at the church.
Any pastor who shows up at a wedding reception is on his own. Or would he also stop the DJ from playing secular songs?
I trust myself , I would personlly walk the pastor out cos na so them dey start. Later he would tell a married couple not to do 69 cos its not biblical

2 Likes

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Oritzy: 4:30pm On May 27, 2018
MTKbudapest:
Mbok what's the name of the church
God grace ministry..
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Kccute(m): 4:31pm On May 27, 2018
CandidSeeker:

Jesus took alcohol...

Matthew 11:18-19 NKJV
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' [19] The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children."

You can buy alcohol with part of your tithe...

Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV
And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

-Peace.

Read from verse 22 to know the Truth

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by hunkydory(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2018
babdap:
#Shayocouples.
E show for their eyes. Lolz
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Olatara(f): 4:45pm On May 27, 2018
ikorodureporta:

++Modified++

Talk about St Dominic church Yaba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Chris Okafor Acquires A Private Jet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.