Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

How Pastor Chris And Other Pastors Diluted Jesus Message - Aroms - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Pastor Chris And Other Pastors Diluted Jesus Message - Aroms (483 Views)

Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained / Mbaka: Why I Didn't But Private Jet Like Other Pastors / Pastor Chris And Sinach At Sharon Oyakhilome's Traditional Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Pastor Chris And Other Pastors Diluted Jesus Message - Aroms by Adieza(m): 10:04pm On May 27, 2018
I was brought up a Christians like most Nigerians from the Southern and Eastern Nigeria. I write what I write now because I know now more than I was thought. You see, you are supposed not to study more and understand more by yourself as a Christian. I broke that rule.

So, when I was 13 years old, I read this verse that changed the way I looked at life.

"He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them."
2 Corinthians 5:15.

That was before Chris Oyakhilome and the other guys came to dilute the message.

I realized anybody that called himself a Christian will "No Longer live for themselves" after they have accepted Christianity. That has driven me relentlessly all my life till now. It wasn't just to type "Amen" if you agree. It was more serious than that.

I know anybody who is still living only for himself is not a Christian. Irrespective of what that person thinks, profess. preach or shout. I know that is the problem with Africa as a whole. 95% of the people still live for themselves even when they call themselves Christians.

You only have to see what people do, say and think to know what their heart contains. They are not Christians.

Don't take my words for it. Read your bible. You are not a Christian if you only lived for yourself. in fact, you have not lived at all if you have not Loved and Impacted other lives during your lifetime.

So, the question is. can you really say you have loved and impacted lives around you? If not, you are not a Christian. I think it was the dude called Paul who wrote:

"They profess to know God, but they deny Him by their actions. They are detestable, disobedient, and unfit for any good deed."
---- Titus 1:16

It wasn't me.
https://m.facebook.com/AromsAigbehi/photos/a.160241647815285.1073741828.158338594672257/379742199198561/?type=3

Re: How Pastor Chris And Other Pastors Diluted Jesus Message - Aroms by Adieza(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2018
cc: lalasticlala and seun cc: mynd44
Re: How Pastor Chris And Other Pastors Diluted Jesus Message - Aroms by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 27, 2018
Ermm Broda Timothy, How did Pastor Chris change that scripture?

People always feel they know how men of God and Christians generally should behave.

Same people obviously have criticized Jesus for flogging the dupers and money changers at the temple or when Jesus refused to reply the Samaritan woman who came to beg for the healing of her child or when Jesus had called some people a generation of vipers.

Maturity is not taking a path of the scripture of breathing inspiration into it . You could read out of context.. Don't be used by the devil against your brethren . Beware.
Re: How Pastor Chris And Other Pastors Diluted Jesus Message - Aroms by trapQ: 10:16pm On May 27, 2018
True but too short
Re: How Pastor Chris And Other Pastors Diluted Jesus Message - Aroms by donnie(m): 10:25pm On May 27, 2018
Adieza:
I was brought up a Christians like most Nigerians from the Southern and Eastern Nigeria. I write what I write now because I know now more than I was thought. You see, you are supposed not to study more and understand more by yourself as a Christian. I broke that rule.

So, when I was 13 years old, I read this verse that changed the way I looked at life.

"He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them."
2 Corinthians 5:15.

That was before Chris Oyakhilome and the other guys came to dilute the message.

My friend speak for yourself...especially when you start mentioning numbers. 95% in your world live for themselves. That's fine.

And you had to mention Pastor Chris Oyakhilome?
Sin consciousness and wrong teaching have made it hard for you to understand his message, but just keep listening, It will soon dawn on you.

Sinach the song writer, daughter and protege of this same Man of God, Pastor Chris wrote and I quote:

Take up my cross, daily follow you
I'm not ashamed to shout my love for you my Lord
Straight from my heart I worship you
You are the reason for life

CHORUS:
Simply devoted to you oh Lord
I loose my life to follow you
This life that I live, its not I that live
For me to live is Christ.

BRIDGE:
The life that I live (x2)
Is not my own
For me to live is Christ.

Who did you think taught her that type of life?

Aroms Aigbehi, Repent.
Re: How Pastor Chris And Other Pastors Diluted Jesus Message - Aroms by Maestro21: 4:36am On May 28, 2018
If you don’t write his name, nobody will read the message. Just be careful what you do when the body of Christ is concerned. Don’t say I did not warn you.

Enjoy.

(1) (Reply)

Dry Bones Shall Live Again – Pastor Adeboye / Nigerian Pastor Invites White Lady To Church, Uses Her To Raise Money / SEE POWER: This Lady Turn To A Snake In The Church - Everybody Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.