Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained (59483 Views)

See What Happened To Pastor Chris And Anita After The Divorce / Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Absent From Sharon's Wedding? (Photos) / Pastor Chris And Sinach At Sharon Oyakhilome's Traditional Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Racoon(m): 4:51am On Jun 16, 2023
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and his ex-wife, Anita Ebhodaghe’s, divorce left people with many unanswered questions. The divorce between Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and his ex-wife, Anita Ebhodaghe, in 2016 left people with more questions than answers.

Already in 2014, people began wondering if the two were headed for divorce, as Anita Ebhodaghe had been a no-show at recent events of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s church, Christ Embassy.

When the two married in 1991, Anita Ebhodaghe joined Christ Embassy and eventually became the manager of the ministry’s British branches. Therefore, she used to attend multiple events arranged by the church, but in 2014, she suddenly stopped.

Pictures of her and information about her were also removed from Christ Embassy’s websites. At the beginning, neither Pastor Chris Oyakhilome nor his now ex-wife, Anita Ebhodaghe, commented on people’s speculations about a divorce.

However, as rumors about what was going on took off, the couple revealed that they had gone their separate ways and would divorce. While some members of Christ Embassy had seen it coming, others were shocked as the two were interpreted as marital role models.The divorce was final in 2016.

Ex-wife fuels rumors after divorce
Following the divorce, Anita Ebhodaghe wrote on her website that she had left Christ Embassy. In the same message, she also touched upon her marital status and rumors about her and Pastor Chris Oyakhilome reconciling.

“It has been brought to my attention that there are persistent rumors and misinformation about my marital status being circulated, and I would like to address certain reconciliation rumors with this statement. Further to the formal notification of the dissolution of marriage made by my solicitors earlier this year,” she stated.

“Please note that this has not changed, and I am no longer a part of Christ Embassy aka Believer’s LoveWorld or any such organization in any capacity. I am reiterating this to ensure that no one is misled by the false rumors or unfounded statements that show up and are spread from time to time on the internet.

Any additional statement concerning me will be issued by my solicitors, who are my legal representatives, so please do not be deceived.

Thank you and God bless. Pastor Anita Schafer formerly Oyakhilome,” she added.

While Anita Ebhodaghe tried to distinguish one fire with her message, she fueled another one by using the name “Pastor Anita Schafer.” People then began speculating whether she had remarried a man with the last name Schafer.Anita Ebhodaghe has denied those claims.

It has also been reported that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome had married a new wife, but he remains single and has rebuffed the rumors.

The lives of Pastor Chris and Anita Ebhodaghe before their divorce
While married, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Anita Ebhodaghe had two girls, Carissa Sharon and Charlene. Carissa Sharon was born in 1993 and is the eldest of the sisters. She is a gospel singer in Christ Embassy’s musical arm called the LoveWorld Music and Arts Ministry.

Privately, she is married to the Ghanaian businessman Phillip Frimpong with whom she has a daughter from 2021. Her name is Arielle Rachelle-Marise and is the first grandchild of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

While Carissa Sharon lives a rather public life, her sister, Charlene, stays private. Therefore, not much is known about her except the fact that she was born in 1995 and lives in London, the United Kingdom.

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s family’s role in Christ Embassy
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome founded the Christ Embassy church in Nigeria in 1987 and serves as its president. With the passage of time, the church has experienced significant growth and now boasts approximately 13 million members globally, with a strong presence in Nigeria, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and South Africa.

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome has delivered powerful sermons in packed venues around the world, including renowned locations like London’s O2 Arena, Johannesburg’s FNB Stadium and Accra’s Black Star Square.

Within his family, there are notable individuals who are actively involved in Christ Embassy. His sister, Kathy Woghiren, holds the position of Director of the LoveWorld Music and Arts Ministry. Additionally, she serves as the Director of the LoveWorld Creative Arts Academy and holds the Chairman position for LoveWorld Records Label.

Rev. Ken Oyakhilome, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s brother, leads the church’s branch in Houston, Texas,and also serves as a member of the Christ Embassy Central Executive Council.

Through their collective efforts, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Kathy Woghiren and Rev. Ken Oyakhilome have contributed to the growth and impact of Christ Embassy, fostering an environment where individuals can experience personal transformation and a deepening of their relationship with God.

Their dedication and passion for spreading the message of faith continue to inspire and uplift believers worldwide.

https://independent.ng/pastor-chris-and-ex-wife-anitas-divorce-explained/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Racoon(m): 4:52am On Jun 16, 2023
Pastor Anita have long denied rumours of Reconciliation from their strained marriage:

Shocker:Pastor Anita React to Reconciliation rumour

There have been speculations and jubilations in some quarters over the rumoured reconciliation of estranged couple Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and his wife Pastor Anita Oyakhilome who had since their divorce mess changed to her maiden name Ebhodaghe.

Anita sent out her reaction to the reconciliation rumour. She posted a statement on her website www.pastoranita.org on Thursday, May 26, 2016 where explained that her decision to dissolve her marriage with the televangelist, was final and remained unchanged.

“It has been brought to my attention that there are persistent rumors and misinformation about my marital status being circulated and I would like to address the certain reconciliation rumours with this statement.

Further to the formal notification of the dissolution of marriage made by my Solicitors earlier this year, please note that this has not changed; and I am no longer a part of Christ Embassy aka Believer’s Loveworld or any such organisation in any capacity. I am reiterating this to ensure that no one is misled by the false rumors or unfounded statements that show up and are spread from time to time on the Internet.

Any additional statement concerning me will be issued by my Solicitors, who are my legal representatives so please do not be deceived. Thank you and God bless.”

Anita had filed for dissolution of the marriage between her and her pastor husband, on the grounds of “unreasonable behaviour” and “adultery” at Divorce Section A, Central Family Court, First Avenue House, High Holborn, London, the United Kingdom.

Pastor Anita Ebhodaghe formerly Oyakhilome
www.pastoranita.org

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Racoon(m): 4:52am On Jun 16, 2023
The Bible does not accommodate divorce for any reason. Even when the pharisees asked Jesus Christ a trickish question to justify divorce in order to trap Him, He didn't bulged but boldly affirmed that the good Lord does not accept divorce.

48 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by money121(m): 4:57am On Jun 16, 2023
Problem Won Ni ye

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Racoon(m): 5:02am On Jun 16, 2023
What a terrible example and ending for a supposed godly union in an established ministry. Do one pray their union should get its spice back with this one they are still nursing irreconcilable grudges? God does not answer that kind of prayer.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 16, 2023
Racoon:
What a terrible example and ending for a supposed godly union in an established ministry. Do one pray their union should get its spice back with this one they are still nursing irreconcilable grudges? God does not answer that kind of prayer.
Which one be terrible? So make Dem no divorce because say dsm wan please people or wetin? 🤷‍♂️

No be only godly union. You people want them to die inside relationship that might never work out,na them know why Dem divorce. Did they tell you they want their union back, or you didn't read the lady's statement? Na you kuku post am.
Mtcheww!

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by OVB123: 5:36am On Jun 16, 2023
All I can say is that let the will of God prevail.

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by superCleanworks(m): 5:44am On Jun 16, 2023
dear pastors. what happened to forgiveness and 77x7?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by ipobarecriminals: 5:54am On Jun 16, 2023
sad Case CLOSED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Racoon(m): 6:14am On Jun 16, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Which one be terrible? So make Dem no divorce because say dsm wan please people or wetin? 🤷‍♂️ No be only godly union.

You people want them to die inside relationship that might never work out,na them know why Dem divorce.
What example are they setting for their church members or the body of Christ? This is what Chris Okotie did. Now Oyakhilome have follow suit. Is there any relationship that is perfect?

Based on your thinking, it means there won't be any meaningful marriage relationship in the world because marriage is all about 2 imperfect people agreeing to live together.I am married man. So I know what I am talking about.

They Bible advised they stay apart if they must do so in order to reconcile any difference, but divorce is an absolute No! Marriage is for better for worst, good or bad, success or failure.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Racoon(m): 6:14am On Jun 16, 2023
superCleanworks:
dear pastors. what happened to 77x7?
Good question!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 16, 2023
Racoon:
What example are they setting for their church members or the body of Christ? This is what Chris Okotie did. Now Oyakhilome have follow suit. Is there any relationship that is perfect?

Based on your thinking, it means there won't be any meaningful marriage relationship in the world because marriage is all about 2 imperfect people agreeing to live together.I am married man. So I know what I am talking about.

They Bible advised they stay apart if they must do so in order to reconcile any difference, but divorce is an absolute No! Marriage is for better for worst, good or bad, success or failure.
See wetin this one dey talk. Oga, they have their reason for divorce. Better to stay divorce, than stay in a marriage that might not work out.

If you like go kill yourself because of wetin bible talk. If your marriage isn't gonna work out, then pull out. Marriage is not for better for worse, this same phrase has ruined many people's life. Same way it killed that Gospel singer lady,Osinachi!
Marriage is not for everyone. You don't stay in a marriage just because you want to please people/members or one useless body of Christ. All these over religious folks can be so annoying Sha! 🤷‍♂️

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Skyfornia(m): 6:42am On Jun 16, 2023
In a nutshell..it was Pastor Anita that filed for divorce.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by ExAngel007(f): 6:58am On Jun 16, 2023
undecided
Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by finallybusy: 7:01am On Jun 16, 2023
Infidelity. As usual, a man of goat fell to lust.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by immortalmortal: 7:11am On Jun 16, 2023
Wetin you want make we carry this explanation do?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by eddynaira125: 7:11am On Jun 16, 2023
Nothing special about this news, I check very well for new update, but everything still remain old info, this blogger just want to open old injury, Mr blogger becareful, if Pst. Chris can heal,then he still have the powers to kill.

I dey try commot body for pastor matter

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by MightySparrow: 7:20am On Jun 16, 2023
They should resolve their differences, swallow their pride and reconcile. They were role models before for Christian values now opposite for ignorant, young ministers.

At the root of their differences is pride.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by MrPresident1: 7:21am On Jun 16, 2023
Racoon:
The Bible does not accommodate divorce for any reason. Even when the pharisees asked Jesus Christ a trickish question to justify divorce in order to trap Him, He didn't bulged but boldly affirmed that the good Lord does not accept divorce.
This is completely untrue. God hates divorce but he permits it. We are called into liberty not bondage. If it will cost you your life, if your spouse has become unreasonable and dangerous, quit!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by talented321: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2023
Even the claim men of god sef dey divorce, then who are my?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by CSTRR: 9:24am On Jun 16, 2023
She divorced Chris.
It was not Chris that divorced her.

So we should be clear about who broke God's commandment.

Pastor Chris still wears his wedding ring and did not remarry which is according to scripture.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by slawomir: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Nobody cares

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by BrickDevo: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2023
Okay
Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by datola: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Only God Almighty is perfect!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Omoawoke: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Pastor dey divorce and share the church like asset.
And followers still Mumu dey follow them. Their juju strong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Sonnobax15(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
lipsrsealed
I stopped being Pastor Chris' follower from the very moment I heard about his crashed marriage lipsrsealed. Because you can't be teaching and preaching about what what you can't replicate lipsrsealed. And expect me to keeping following you..

10 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by Kingpele(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Judge not so that u won't be judged....let no one title decieve you...in hell there are many people who have titles like prophets ,pastors ,rev ,Bishop and ach Bishop attached to their name but were never true Christian in the sight of God ...God's children obey his commands because they trust in his word ,wisdom and judgement and to obey God is holiness but to dis obey God is sinful...those who do not believe in existence of God shall regret their own existence in eternity..the pains of losing God is worse than the pains of death

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by IkeGod9891(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Please assist me. My tiles company gave me dis as a survenier. But I can't connect it. Anybody with a good knowledge can assist on how to use it. Thanks

Re: Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained by blaquebelle: 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2023
The bible permits divorce on the ground of infidelity (Matt 5:32). So who knows what went wrong...

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Predicts Who Will Win US Presidential Election... See Details / Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns / Edo Lord's Chosen Members Storm The Roads For Their Publicity In Benin. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.