Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,791 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation (3551 Views)

BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 / "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by sophsia62: 3:26am On May 28, 2018
The Executive Vice Chairman (EVC) of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has re-emphasised the commission’s desire to protect the consumers against exploration by telecoms service providers.
He said this at the 38th edition of the Consumer Town Hall Meeting (CTM) held in Zaria, saying that the consumer remains the King in the palace of market.
Speaking through Mr. Ismail Adedigba, Deputy Director, Consumer Affairs Bureau he stated that the Consumer Town Hall Meeting (CTM) was designed by the NCC to show that the consumer is the king in the market palace who must be accorded certain rights.

According to him, “I want to emphasis that our focus on consumers did not end with 2017 as the Year of Telecom Consumer. In fact, it has just begun as the commission is not in any way winding down on our avowed commitment to serve the consumers better in all fronts as consumers remains that the king of the industry.”
The Director Consumer Affairs Bureau, Mrs. Felicia Onwuegbuchulam, who was represented by her deputy, Mr. Ismail Adedigba, in her opening remarks, said the forum seeks to educate telecoms consumers and other stakeholders on contemporary issues generating interest in the industry and also serve as feedback mechanism for the commission in making regulatory interventions for the benefit of all stakeholders.

“The forum seeks to educate telecoms consumers and other stakeholders on contemporary issues generating interest in the industry and also serve as a feedback mechanism for the commission in making regulatory interventions for the benefit of consumers and the service providers as well as the industry as a whole,” she stated.
“The theme for discourse today is ‘Information and Education as a Catalyst for Consumer Protection.’ The topic was carefully chosen to reflect one of the cardinal objectives of the NCC of ensuring the protection of telecoms consumers from market exploitation and empowering them to make rational informed decisions when making choices of services “

She stated that in order for telecoms consumers to be protected, informed and educated (PIE mandate), the commission had developed series of initiatives to empower the consumer with the right information.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/05/ncc-we-are-guarding-against-consumer.html

Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by chicoMX(m): 4:05am On May 28, 2018
NCC abeg help me investigate Airtel
angry

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:20am On May 28, 2018
Mtscheeeeeww undecided
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by henry007(m): 6:27am On May 28, 2018
I have a question for NCC. How are people using registered SIMs to defraud so blatantly?

chicoX:
Infinix Hot 6 Pro review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvAh0a6J5Co&t=33s

Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by lonelydora: 7:37am On May 28, 2018
Guide? With all these exploitations?
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by Wasky101: 7:38am On May 28, 2018
Yinmu
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by oyetunder(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2018
cry But lots of glo users always complain of inability to use the imaginary gigabites they purchased... NCC had not rescued them since joor.
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by omoadeleye(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2018
una fada ncc
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by Nbote(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2018
U ppl are madt.. How have U protected consumers exploitation? By filling ur pockets while d networks rip us off?? D ntwrks make all sort of deductions and dey pay to u in d name of fine, what happens to d customer?

4 Likes

Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by jossy4joseph(m): 7:41am On May 28, 2018
Useless NCC
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by soberdrunk(m): 7:41am On May 28, 2018
This is super story!!!! angry
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by brodalokie: 7:41am On May 28, 2018
This better be good.
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by Archangel15: 7:45am On May 28, 2018
Etisalat has been ripping me off of my money

1 Like

Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by spartan117(m): 7:46am On May 28, 2018
But you forced the network operators to hike data price. How is that protecting us

3 Likes

Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by maxiuc(m): 7:47am On May 28, 2018
angry
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:56am On May 28, 2018
Archangel15:
Yours is better. Glo reaped me of N90 for one useless service I did not subscribe for and up till now they have not being able to access my database

I am not mentioning others for the sake of space undecided

1 Like

Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by Terver23(m): 7:57am On May 28, 2018
Ogun kill una ..

1 Like

Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by debolayinka(m): 7:58am On May 28, 2018
You mean you will begin to watch against exploitations, right? Because if what is going on now isn't exploitation, then what is it?
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by Lanretoye(m): 8:02am On May 28, 2018
NCC is a learner...they first need to learn how the telecos are exploiting us.
My line has been on youtube night plan auto sub for some weeks now and I’ve not seen a way to unsubscribe.
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by OlujobaSamuel: 8:09am On May 28, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Yours is better. Glo reaped me of N90 for one useless service I did not subscribe for and up till now they have not being able to access my database

I am not mentioning others for the sake of space undecided
go to twiter, search for jobasam, you will see how I got my #300 from glo. I stopped calling the call centre and went public with it. If you can dedicate 10mins daily, you go get your fund
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by aku626(m): 8:12am On May 28, 2018
What happened to the remaining money MTN is to pay? NCC should be probed, they’re lazy and don’t have consumers at heart. Cost of Communication is still too High
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by themanderon: 8:15am On May 28, 2018
Guiding us by increasing data subscription and making internet unavailable to many in this age and time.

1 Like

Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:16am On May 28, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

go to twiter, search for jobasam, you will see how I got my #300 from glo. I stopped calling the call centre and went public with it. If you can dedicate 10mins daily, you go get your fund
Ok
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by CioAngels(f): 8:38am On May 28, 2018
Or you guarding against your pocket?
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by Nobody: 8:47am On May 28, 2018
They should fix the *902# messages from Airtel first.
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by ican2020: 10:54am On May 28, 2018
NCC, your websites is down

Meanwhile I Bought 7GB + Data On May 23, 2018, with 2,500 and my 7GB Is Gone: 07051948362 GLO

I am not a heavy user and this is not my first or second time of subscribing for data plan using this same number and because of the fact that I am not a heavy user, couple with Glo’s poor service in my area, I ended up not exhausting my data allocation before the expiration of the time, usually one month.

This morning, I tried to use the internet and I got the shocking message that I had exhausted my data, how is that possible when I did not download files that runs into gigabyte.

Glo should do the needful and restore my data fast: I Bought 7GB + Data On 23/05/18 & My 7GB Is Gone
On Wednesday, 23rd May, 2018, I subscribe to Glo’s data plan of 7gb + with 2,500.

I am not a heavy user and this is not my first or second time of subscribing for data plan using this same number (07051948362) and because of the fact that I am not a heavy user, couple with Glo’s poor service in my area, I always end each month without exhausting my data worth.

This morning, I tried to use the internet and I got the shocking message that I had exhausted my data, how is that possible when I did not download files that runs into gigabyte.

Glo should do the needful and restore my data fast: 07051948362
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by donefezy: 11:12am On May 28, 2018
Protecting what? NCC is the cause of the high tariff we are experiencing in Nigeria. I suscribe 2-3 times monthly with strict conservation of my data since early this year because of them

1 Like

Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by Gseries: 12:03pm On May 28, 2018
NCC Should Visit these Telcos FeedBack pages especially on Facebook, Airtel are the worst 902 complaints I have a lot of message and deductions from my account because of that I no longer recharge for calls. Airtel the worst of them all for unsolicited deductions confirm from their Facebook page.
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by wintergold(m): 12:11pm On May 28, 2018
chicoMX:
NCC abeg help me investigate Airtel
angry
call 622 toll free
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by wintergold(m): 12:13pm On May 28, 2018
Archangel15:
call 622 toll free for prompt resolution
Re: NCC: We Are Guarding Against Consumer Exploitation by wintergold(m): 12:15pm On May 28, 2018
ican2020:
NCC, your websites is down

Meanwhile I Bought 7GB + Data On May 23, 2018, with 2,500 and my 7GB Is Gone: 07051948362 GLO

I am not a heavy user and this is not my first or second time of subscribing for data plan using this same number and because of the fact that I am not a heavy user, couple with Glo’s poor service in my area, I ended up not exhausting my data allocation before the expiration of the time, usually one month.

Glo should do the needful and restore my data fast: I Bought 7GB + Data On 23/05/18 & My 7GB Is Gone
On Wednesday, 23rd May, 2018, I subscribe to Glo’s data plan of 7gb + with 2,500.

I am not a heavy user and this is not my first or second time of subscribing for data plan using this same number (07051948362) and because of the fact that I am not a heavy user, couple with Glo’s poor service in my area, I always end each month without exhausting my data worth.

Glo should do the needful and restore my data fast: 07051948362
plz dial.622 toll free to submit any compliant against your service provider

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom X - One Month Later, Is It Worth Buying? / Whatsapp And Bbm New Features And Structure Update Now / Do You Remember This App?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.