Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

#ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals (1007 Views)

Seun Kuti Paraded With Other Suspected Criminals / 'Celebrities Are Humans Too, Stop Hurting Us' - Regina Daniels Begs Nigerians / John Dumelo Reacts To Ebony Reigns Death: "Celebrities Are A Bunch Of Hypocrite" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by ToriBaze: 8:14am On May 28, 2018
Source: ToriBaze

Yesterday After Diddy posted a video of Falz's Cover of "This Is America", he later declare his love for Nigerian Artists for always "Changing The Game". After that post we saw alot of Nigerian Artists flooding Diddy's Insta to comment on the post as if they've done anything close to what Falz did.

Falz released his Cover of "This Is America" and he speaks about how things have been going wrong in the system of Nigeria. From Politicians who kills and steal but still contesting for Election, to Insecurities, To "Yahoo Yahoo" being acceptable and common in the Society, to Fulani Herdsmen and many other Nigeria problems in the 3mins Video.

We haven't see any Nigerian Top Celebrities like Davido or Wizkid repost the Video on any of their Social Media handle.

99% of those commenting haven't even shared Falz Video on their social media handles. They haven't even praised Falz for his brilliant message he passed through the Viral Song/Video.

If Diddy all the way from America could do so, i don't see any reasonable reason for our so-called Artists not to have done so too.

Even if they can't sing Positive songs, at least they could help Publicise & Appreciate those doing it. A musician is suppose to use his/her music to spread/pass message to the listeners... If not Drugs, Money, Girls, what positive things are they passing to us?

Nigeria is in a very bad condition, yet these so-called musicians are not speaking about the ill things going on in the country, maybe until one of their close friends or family member becomes a victim of such circumstances.

The Industry is booming, even if u sing about other irrelevant things just to be relevant, still use at least one of your songs to speak against the problems we have in Nigeria. Let the World Know things ain't working well for us. Most news about herdsmen may stay in Nigeria becuase you don't expect other country to watch our news channel, but with music you can spread the message abroad.

Is it that Falz spoke against some of the people who sponsor them Because i know Olamide won't agree with that "Yahoo Yahoo" part grin grin grin

Wizkid has been criticised by many for being too Proud. I'm a huge Wizkid fan but for him not to repost it is so much annoying. I thought he's regarded as the Fela of nowadays?? Is it the womanising part of Fela he took after?? Or is he jealous that Falz's "This Is Nigeria" is trending more than his Sold Out O2 Arena Concert?? Or Because some people are now regarding Falz as the new "Fela"??

I won't talk much on Davido, for the fact that his uncles are part of the people Falz was singing against in the Video he won't try to publicise it.

Olamide eh eh eh... dat one is all about Drugs songs for the streets and supporting "Yahoo Yahoo" in the Society so i won't even think he'd share the Video. Except Conscience judge am before am go share.

Kudos to Falz for the lovely Music. At least he has a purpose for Singing unlike the rest singing about sleeping with women or making money illegitimately and praising Yahoo Yahoo Boys... They're all Criminals.

http://toribaze.com/entertainment/diddy-reacts-falzs-nigerian-version-america/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, MissyB3, Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by ToriBaze: 8:15am On May 28, 2018
Kudos to Falz

Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:15am On May 28, 2018
Falz Da GREAT guy!

I thought CHARITY begins at home!!

1 Like

Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by ToriBaze: 8:22am On May 28, 2018
Lalasticlala uncle pls come oooo
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by Anigreat: 8:23am On May 28, 2018
post=67947560:
Falz Da GREAT guy!!

Pray he doesn't sue you with that name

Its Falz the BAHDT guy!! tongue
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:24am On May 28, 2018
Anigreat:

Pray he doesn't sue you with that name

Its Falz the BAHDT guy!! tongue

Lol, he wil like it I think.....
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by EngrMarve(m): 8:24am On May 28, 2018
Falz
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by elgramz: 8:28am On May 28, 2018
I don't agree with you that not being political or social activists makes Wizkid and other artistes criminals. These artistes are primarily entertainers, they entertain their audience to make money in return. If any of them decides to use the platform he has for political or social activism like falz just did then kudos to him but that doesn't mean that all other artistes are obligated to join him in the activism. It's their personal decision and their decision should be respected

What I will however condemn is some of them using their platform to promote destructive vices like drug abuse and fraud, if you call those artistes doing this criminals, I might be inclined to agree with you on that
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by kingxsamz(m): 8:37am On May 28, 2018
elgramz:
I don't agree with you that not being political or social activists makes Wizkid and other artistes criminals. These artistes are primarily entertainers, they entertain their audience to make money in return. If any of them decides to use the platform he has for political or social activism like falz just did then kudos to him but that doesn't mean that all other artistes are obligated to join him in the activism. It's their personal decision and their decision should be respected

What I will however condemn is some of them using their platform to promote destructive vices like drug abuse and fraud, if you call those artistes doing this criminals, I might be inclined to agree with you on that

My friend will u get out of here...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by elgramz: 8:40am On May 28, 2018
kingxsamz:

My friend will u get out of here...
If you have any rational counter opinion to what I wrote, why don't you post it too? Telling me to get of here makes no sense
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by kingxsamz(m): 8:45am On May 28, 2018
elgramz:

If you have any rational counter opinion to what I wrote, why don't you post it too? Telling me to get of here makes no sense

Fact is if Diddy never reposted that video no Nigerian artiste would congratulate Falz for spitting out the truth.
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by ToriBaze: 8:52am On May 28, 2018
elgramz:

If they don't do such, at least they should appreciate when others are doing it... I thought he's always preaching "One Africa" "One Love" "Africa To The World" bla bla bla... Diddy just endorse Falz's Cover of "This Is America" which is a good thing for Africa, my werey brother nor gree send shout out to Falz... I hate to admit it, if Falz hadn't spoke against some people who sponsor Davido, he would've send shout out to Falz.
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by ToriBaze: 8:53am On May 28, 2018
kingxsamz:

Fact is if Diddy never reposted that video no Nigerian artiste would congratulate Falz for spitting out the truth.

Exactly bro, u got my point.
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by ToriBaze: 9:09am On May 28, 2018
Oga Mynd44 & Sir Lalasticlala Fp things ooo
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by ToriBaze: 9:11am On May 28, 2018
Mynd44 #ThisIsNigeria
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by YeyeGirl(f): 9:18am On May 28, 2018
U dey mind our yeyebrities? Now dem go wan dey close to falz so dem fit reach diddy just as most artistes wan reach wizkid so dem fit collabo with drake nd co... See kcee sef dey hail falz,who b rat biko... if not fr Emoney,kcee fr don melt.... See Djecool too lol,only Ada nd dancing shaku shaku him sabi..See reminisce too,lol only baba hafusa him jus dey shout.... Falz nailed it biko... Kip balling...
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by Lekan1o1: 12:00pm On May 28, 2018
grin
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by Gift101(m): 12:25pm On May 28, 2018
Lalasticlala come see dis thread ooo lol
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by Gift101(m): 12:27pm On May 28, 2018
Mynd44 what do u have to say about this?
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by Hardeybohwarley(m): 12:40pm On May 28, 2018
So I streamed Davido's Thanksgiving at Headies and all he can say is We Rise By Lifting Others. And to repost #This Is Nigeria becomes wahahla. They all celebrate Mediocrity, even Omotola was there famzing.
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by Gift101(m): 1:02pm On May 28, 2018
Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by rex444(m): 1:40pm On May 28, 2018
Lets say becos of tribe, the igbo n hausa artists decided not to acknowledge falz's creativity. What about his own? We are just a failed generation sad to say
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 28, 2018
Nigerian music industry is filled with jealousy.See one musician who sang a song that God should made him blow like tu baba and wizkid.If your song and lyrics are dope you go blow without hindrance.
Re: #ThisIsNigeria: Nigerian Celebrities Are Criminals by Acepen(m): 1:54pm On May 28, 2018
Lol See All This Celebs All Over Diddi's Page Like Beggers Even Omotola, Most Nigerians Especialy Yeyebrities Are Bloody Hypocritic Asslickers, Bunch Of Mediocritic Loser.

(1) (Reply)

See As Davido Fight & Was Attacked By Fans In Namibia As He Goes Naked / Actress Omoni Oboli Looks Angelic In White To The Premiere Of Her Nollywood Movi / Timaya Dancing With His Newborn Son Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.