Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

“I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid (4337 Views)

Emma Ehumadu: Stop Smoking Weed On Social Media - Labista Tells Wizkid, Davido / Kudirat Ogunro: I Want My Husband To Have Side Chicks / I Want To F*ck You - South African Lady Tells Wizkid Has She Posts Her Nudes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by made4naija(f): 8:22am On May 28, 2018
One of Wizkid’s fan who isn’t impressed about his sold-out show at the O2 Arena in London, has called out the singer to improve on his voice and stop making babies.

Identified as @ola_skanmi on Instagram, he shared a video of Wizkid’s performance on stage captioning the video: “Wizkid please stop making babies, go and get a vocal coach, because you can’t sing and please I want my 60€ tickey money and 40€ taxi back, busted wasted 100€”

Not stopping there, Skanmi continued: “I dey vex ni ooo, I bought new kicks, new jacket, spent money go watch this guy, he sing nothing for 30 min and left”.

A die-hard follower of the Starboy, @ellesexy1212 quickly came to his defense, writing, “You’re just an hater and an attention seeking pu**y ass nigg*. who sent you to buy clothes you can’t conveniently afford. Must logba lagidi osi”

source : https://www.made4naija.com/2018/05/i-want-my-money-back-you-cannot-sing-man-tells-wizkid-after-london-performance/

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by kingxsamz(m): 8:27am On May 28, 2018
That's if Wizkid will even notice him...

1 Share

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Anigreat: 8:27am On May 28, 2018
shocked

Wizkid Is far more better than Messi, Ronaldo, M. salah, Neymar, Bale. she's a beautiful tennis player i know.

1 Like

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Nbote(m): 8:31am On May 28, 2018
U bought ticket for €60 and enta transport of €40 and den go shopping jus to go watch wizkid sing?? My broda Ur sense is far from ur destiny

17 Likes

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Nobody: 8:35am On May 28, 2018
Lol. The guy must be based there. Hes not used to hearing all the yemeyeme stuffs nigerians are calling music here. As a matter of truth Naija artiste no get voice outside studio, do they even go for rigorous voice training at all? That's why they can't perform live without the DJ playing their songs in d background, some no dey even remember some lines of the song weh dem compose sef. He might even have drank chilled beer before mounting the stage so how voice no go crack? But if na to give different girls belle, Naija stars no dey carry last.

Fine-tuned refreshing melody performer like Johnny Drille should have been better invited. Just a strike of his acoustic would arrest emotions.

So the guy has some points. He'll only become foolish if he hears of WizKids show again and still pay to go and watch

10 Likes

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by NeeKlaus: 8:35am On May 28, 2018
LOL. As if most Nigerian Pop artists sing at all during their stage performance. All they do is shout the wordings to your face, with an errant hype man (like that FatSpesh) in the background ruining the beautiful song.

Or some simply lip sync.

3 Likes

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by kingxsamz(m): 8:41am On May 28, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Wizkid Is far more better than Messi, Ronaldo, M. salah, Neymar, Bale. she's a beautiful tennis player i know.

are you drunk or something?

2 Likes

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by donstan18: 8:42am On May 28, 2018
If this man come listen to Speedy-Darlington's song, wetin he go do? cheesy

Abi he no know say na noise and incantations Nigerian musicians sabi give.

Person wey dey normal go enter studio dey shout Skiborobo skibo Skiborobo skibo OR Kworkirikwor kwor kwor kwor Kworkirikwo Kworkirikwo kwor.

What is he Kworkring?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by made4naija(f): 9:09am On May 28, 2018
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by ebujany(m): 9:12am On May 28, 2018
Lol, wizkid can't sing, na auto-tune dey help em voice... i was offered 30 euro ticket for that show, i simply declined. Money wey I go use high my self na em I go carry dash wizman? Abegi

1 Like

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by ObaKlaz: 9:13am On May 28, 2018
The truth is, most Nigerian artistes cannot ACTUALLY SING.

I was playing around on YouTube 3 days ago, and I saw a video of NeYo's Dear Mama 2018 performance (you can check it out too) when the above truth hit me again like Thor's hammer. He was born to sing! The guy sounds phenomenal in studio and sounds even fantastic in live performances! And his stage craft? oh lawd! NO NEW GENERATION NIGERIAN ARTISTE CAN HOLD A TORCH TO THAT GUY!

What we're used to here in Nigeria/Africa are hype and mediocrity.

5 Likes

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by BlackBaron: 10:12am On May 28, 2018
It sounds insane, but there are actually laws covering this in the west if unsatisfied with a concert. You can actually get your tickets refunded if there are grounds for your grievances.

2 Likes

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by delugajackson: 10:22am On May 28, 2018
ObaKlaz:
That's the point. That's the whole point. You have just put your finger neatly on the tip of the point. Nigerian artistes are an intolerable bore. How they succeeded to fill our entertainment space with gibberish is what baffles me. They lack lyrical content, and sometimes their videos are a total disconnect with their songs. Call them for shows and you see them jumping all over the place.

There's a particular one that kept saying "one million times two million is equal to what?". Imagine, and you expect me to buy? Like what the fùck dude.. If you really want to know the product of 1million and 2million, why don't you just punch a fùckin' calculator?!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by YeyeGirl(f): 10:30am On May 28, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

That 150gm doctor prescribe no dey work again.. Increase to 250 pls.. Thanks..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by ObaKlaz: 11:05am On May 28, 2018
delugajackson:

That's the point. That's the whole point. You have just put your finger neatly on the tip of the point. Nigerian artistes are an intolerable bore. How they succeeded to fill our entertainment space with gibberish is what baffles. They lack lyrical content, and sometimes their videos are a total disconnect with their songs. Call them for shows and you see them jumping all over the place.

There's a particular one that kept saying "one million times two million is equal to what?" imagine and you expect me to buy? Like what the fùck dude.. If you really want to know the product of 1million and 2million, then just punch the fùckin' calculator!
So annoying, bruh. The fans ain't helping either. Call out these overhyped artistes like this man just did Wizkid, fans would slam you and the mediocre artistes would dismiss you as a hater. They are aversed to constructive criticism especially.

1 Like

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Nobody: 11:22am On May 28, 2018
Like the people like their musicians.
Classless and tasteless.

It's a taboo to play Nigerian song in my house. If not nairaland I wouldn't know some of their names.

2 Likes

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by NIGHTMARE0O7: 11:33am On May 28, 2018
grin
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by kmaster007: 11:38am On May 28, 2018
and who ask you to go show bfor....
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Nobody: 11:52am On May 28, 2018
"Stop making babies"

Savageeeeeeee

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Pusyiter(m): 1:06pm On May 28, 2018
I laff in Urhobo.
Who needs a coach the most? Wizzie or your lazy ass?
Spent that amount to watch someone you have seen on TV and heard on radio shows you need a coach to mentor your brain.
No wonder your President called you LAZY!

1 Like

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by NaughtyDiamond(m): 1:46pm On May 28, 2018
ebujany:
Lol, wizkid can't sing, na auto-tune dey help em voice... i was offered 30 euro ticket for that show, i simply declined. Money wey I go use high my self na em I go carry dash wizman? Abegi

why are you lying
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 28, 2018
Singing with an off mic while the DJ is playing their tracks na their ways.Them go come point the off-mic to the crowd to sing along.Na fans wey don go watch live performances from 50cent,akon,pdiddy and their likes abroad go know say naija artistes wack.
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Sharon6(f): 3:49pm On May 28, 2018
Stop making Babies.... Funkeeeeeeeeeeeee grin

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE.
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Emilokoiyawon: 4:06pm On May 28, 2018
cool
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Opinionated: 5:09pm On May 28, 2018
This is funny.

In case this is true, what is Wizkid using to get sold out concerts?
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 28, 2018
The day i listened to notorious BIG live show on youtube. I weak
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 28, 2018
I watched the show on YouTube, wizkid was just lip-syncing. That's Rubbish.
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by dkronicle(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2018
donstan18:
If this man come listen to Speedy-Darlington's song, wetin he go do? cheesy

Abi he no know say na noise and incantations Nigerian musicians sabi give.

Person wey dey normal go enter studio dey shout Skiborobo skibo Skiborobo skibo OR Kworkirikwor kwor kwor kwor Kworkirikwo Kworkirikwo kwor.

What is he Kworkring?

I thank God i entered this thread. I don laught this post tire. Guy u suppose be stand up comedian o
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by lenghtinny(m): 6:39pm On May 28, 2018
Attention seeking mofo angry
Shey Wizkid con drag you for house
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by lenghtinny(m): 6:51pm On May 28, 2018
ObaKlaz:

I was playing around on YouTube 3 days ago, and I saw a video of NeYo's Dear Mama 2018 performance (you can check it out too) when the above truth hit me again like Thor's hammer. He was born to sing! The guy sounds phenomenal in studio and sounds even fantastic in live performances! And his stage craft? oh lawd! NO NEW GENERATION NIGERIAN ARTISTE CAN HOLD A TORCH TO THAT GUY!

Mediocrity is everywhere Bro...

Stop making it seem like it's a Nigerian thing. Most of this trash rap they call trap musicians are not any better off than the their Nigerian counterparts. Just that they serve different audiences with trashy lyrics.

Yes I do agree they the industry is filled with mediocres but these same mediocres has succeeded in putting Nigeria on the map better than even their colleagues in the movie industry.

Besides Music is a very big business now; It's not only about if you can sing anymore.

1 Like

Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by ganie(m): 11:05pm On May 28, 2018
I am no hater but I have observed his lyrics are wack,you don't get to listen to his song and you be like let me play back to get what that line was...never! And jeez his repetition is way too much. I reason wit Kiss and Mayorkun lyrics more.
Re: “I Want My Money Back, You Cannot Sing” — Man Tells Wizkid by safarigirl(f): 11:46pm On May 28, 2018
If it is not Banky W, Timi, Johnny Drille, Yemi Alade, Simi, Flavour, Niniola, Darey, Bez, or P-Square back in the day, do not have high expectations for Naija artistes as far as performances go.

Davido is my personal worst cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fish Chase Away Man To Have Sex With A Celebrity Woman. / . / Bbnaija: Meet Ex U.S Army Officer, Divorcee, American Actor, Pere, & His Life B4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.