Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Another Fiction Release: The Surprise By I May End Soon - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Another Fiction Release: The Surprise By I May End Soon (316 Views)

Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon / Your Perfume Is A Problem By I May End Soon / Read the fiction: My Big Girl Dream By I May End Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Fiction Release: The Surprise By I May End Soon by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 28, 2018
...]
Re: Another Fiction Release: The Surprise By I May End Soon by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 28, 2018
[b....[/b]
Re: Another Fiction Release: The Surprise By I May End Soon by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 28, 2018
CHAPTER THREE

One day, Linda was at home, watching the television when her phone rang. Someone was calling! Linda looked at the screen and it was an unknown number. Who was it? Linda lowered the volume of the television and picked the call.

“Hello!” said Linda.

“Hello! Beautiful damsel.”

“What? You again?” said Linda

“Yeah! It is me. How are you doing?” said Arnold.

“And what is your business with that? By the way how did you get my number?” said Linda.

“(Laughs) Calm down Linda.” said Arnold.

“What? Did I just hear you say Linda? How did you know my name?” said Linda.

“(Laughs) Linda Linda! Anyway, how is it going at Rogers Estate?” said Arnold.

Linda dropped the remote on the couch she was sitting one and rose up. How did he know she was living in Rogers Estate?

“Arnold! Who gave you all these information? How did you know all these?” said Linda.

“Linda, calm down. Anyways, if I get to Block 27, Rogers Estate, which one of the floors is your place? Is it the ground floor, first or last?” said Arnold.

Linda cut the phone. What? How did he get all these information about her? Her phone number; her name; where she lived. Who told him? Linda continued to ponder and her phone rang again. The same number was calling! Linda picked the call.

“So Linda, you have not answered me. Which of the floors?” said Arnold.

“Why do you want to know? I am not going to tell you.” said Linda.

“(Laughs) Look at this girl. So after getting to know all those information about you, you think I don’t also know that you live on the last floor?” said Arnold.

“What? Arnold, if you don’t want trouble, you better tell me where you got all these information from. I am not going to take it lightly with you.” said Linda.

“Calm down. Okay! Fine! Do you know anyone by the name Betty?” said Arnold.

“Betty? Yes, I know her. She is my friend.” said Linda.

“There is something you don’t know about her. She is my sister. In fact, she was the one who introduced you to me. My coming to that supermarket that day and meeting you was not accidental or a coincidence. I deliberately came there because of no one but you. She had told me you told her you were going there that day. She was the same one who told me you were going to that eatery too.” said Arnold.

“Are you serious?” said Linda.

Linda hung up and dialed Betty’s number.

“Hello baby girl! How are you doing?” said Betty.

“Hey! Hold it there! Don’t give me that this afternoon. What is the meaning of what you have done?” said Linda.

“Baby girl, what is wrong? What did I do?” said Betty.

“Don’t you just pretend like you don’t know what you did. Why would you introduce me to Arnold and be giving him some details about me?” said Linda.

“Baby girl calm down! I did that for you.” said Betty.

“Betty, seriously, this your “baby girl” is really pissing me off.” said Linda.

“(Laughs) take it easy. I did that for you. Ever since you and Harry parted ways, I have not seen any other man with you. And you are a lady and you are not getting younger. I want you to have another man in your life.” said Betty.

“Did I tell you I need another man? I am fine being single, okay? I don’t need a man.” said Linda.

“Linda, come on, you are getting older and I feel it is time you start talking about how you are going to get married. I want you to get married, have kids, settle down. Time is going, you know. I want you to…” said Betty.

“Hey! Hold it there. Thanks for your concern. But I don’t want a man. It is my life. Leave me alone. Thank you. Now tell that brother of yours to withdraw from the case. He cannot win it. In fact, don’t worry, I will deal with him myself.” said Linda.

Linda hung up and dialed Arnold’s number.

“Hello, baby, what’s up?” said Arnold.

“Who is your baby? Anyways, Mr. lover lover, Now listen to me. If you know you want a wife, there are many ladies out there. Go out there and select one and make her your wife. As for me, I am not interested. I don’t want a husband. I don’t even want any relationship. I don’t want a man in my life. Leave me as I am. Thank you!” said Linda.

Linda hung up!

(At Linda’s house)

One night, the door bell rang. It was at Linda’s home. It was past 8 pm. Who was it? Linda went to open the door.

“Hello Linda, how are you?”

Linda was shocked. She did not say anything as she held the handle of the door and looked at this figure in surprise.

“Linda, I said how are you?” said the person who was at the door.

She did not reply.

“Anyways, can I come in?” said the person.

“Yes, you can come in?” said Linda.

“Really?” said the person.

“Yes, for sure! You can come in.” said Linda.

“(Excited) Thank you.” said the person.

Linda opened the door wider for the person to come in and the person took one step in. As he was about to take another step,…. BANG!!!.

Linda banged the door at his face. Injuries! On his nose! On his forehead. Arnold fell to the ground slowly as he held his face and groaned in pain.

“What are you looking for? What do you want here?” said Linda.

“Calm down, Linda. Why so aggressive as this? You have really hurt me. Look at my face.” said Arnold.

“What do you want here?” said Linda.

“Linda, please try to understand. I love you and I want you in my life. Please!” said Arnold.

“I said, I need no man in my life. I am not interested.” Now leave! Leave now before I hurt you more.” said Linda.

“Linda, why don’t you show some pity? At least let me stay, and help me take care of these injuries before I leave. Look at what you have done to my face.” said Arnold.

“And I am going to do more if you don’t leave now. I am going to bath you in hot water. Your skin will burn! Trust me! Try me! Dare me!” said Linda.

“Linda, is this the kind of human being that you are? What manner of a lady are you? You are not even showing any pity; no compassion from you. You are just so cruel, so wicked, so aggressive! What have I done to deserve this aggressive behavior from you? I have been trying to show you love, what have you been giving me in return? Is that how you are going to repay all my gentle and caring approaches towards you? (Arnold was now shedding tears) Why don’t you just try to understand that I love you? It is your love that made me go wait for you that day at the supermarket. It is your love that made me go meet you at the eatery. It is your love that made me come here. It is because of your love that I go after you. Is this how sour your love is? Is your love this painful? Is it a crime for me to love you? Are you such a person that would react with aggression and hostility to the one who has shown you love? What kind of a girl are you?” said Arnold.

And for the first time ever, Linda felt such compassion towards Arnold that she had never felt before. She was moved by what she had heard. She burst out weeping. Linda left the spot, turned her back and moved some steps forward. She folded her arms, faced the floor and was weeping. Arnold stood up from where he was. He had gotten her!

“Linda, I don’t know whatever experiences you have had with men in the past. I don’t know how many times you were disappointed. I don’t know how many men cheated on you. But I know something for sure! And I want you to also know it and make your heart firm and assured upon it. If you give me your love, I am never going to betray it. Think about it Linda. Think about all what you have done to me. If I do not really want you, do you think I will stay till this time? I love you deep down from my heart and that love is so deep Linda. So deep! Please give me a chance. Please!” said Arnold.

And Linda agreed. Eventually, she gave Arnold a chance in her life.

END OF CHAPTER THREE
Re: Another Fiction Release: The Surprise By I May End Soon by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 28, 2018
CHAPTER FOUR

One night, in Linda’s house, Linda and Arnold were together. They had just made love. Arnold grabbed his towel and went into the bathroom. He was going to have a shower that night before he slept. While Arnold was in the bathroom, Linda sat on the bed. What had happened between her and Arnold was bring memories of some events in her past.

(Flashback)

“What is that thing you sent to me last night? What were you saying? Is that not the picture I deleted from your phone? I thought it was gone. I thought it was over. How come it still exists? I thought I had given you what you wanted? What do you want again? Please, don’t do this to me. Let the one that we had be the last between us. I don’t want my boyfriend to see that picture. Please, delete it.”

“(Laughs) Linda Linda! Anyways, it is true. It is true that we had an agreement. It is true that you fulfilled your own part of the agreement. It is true that I asked for something and you gave it to me. But I am a human being Linda. My own personal inherent nature would not just allow me to fulfill my own part of the agreement at the moment. My body is not satisfied neither is my heart. My body is calling for more as well as my heart. So Linda, the thing is, we will be having another one. After this one, then I would study my body and heart and see if they are satisfied. But if they are not, then it continues.” the guy said.

(Fell to her knees) “Haaa! Please, don’t do this. I am in a relationship and you know that. I don’t want my relationship to be destroyed. I don’t even like such experience where you and I will be having what you are asking for.” said Linda.

“Oh! So you mean I am not good enough for you right? Like I stink? Like I am ugly? Like I don’t look okay?” said the guy.

“No! Not like that. Please, let us stop this. Don’t do this to me.” said Linda.

“Linda, I am sorry, I want to do this. And there is another thing I have not told you. Another thing will be introduced into the system. I am really sorry you have to take it like that otherwise your picture is going online.” said the guy

“And what is that?” said Linda

The guy whistles and two other guys arrive the room from inside. Linda looks at them as they arrive. What was it about them?

“Linda, this time around, I am not going to be the only one. These guys here have been good friends to me and they have showed interest. I cannot tell them “NO”. Linda, these guys are here for you and together, we will be doing it with you(Laughs).” said the guy.

“No. This can’t be. You cannot do this to me. Tell me you don’t mean it.” said Linda.

“Ogbeni, park well jare! Oje she normal, ko ma lo she yamayama!” said one of the other two guys.

“Yes oo. We no dey act film for here oo and this one no be play. E better make you lie down now or else, wetin go happen, you no go like am oo.” said the other one of the two other guys.

“(Laughs) Have you heard my guys? It is no joke. Now Linda, what choice are you making? Lie down or your pictures go online. Choose one now!” said the guy.

(Flashback ends)

Arnold came back into the bedroom after he had had a shower and saw Linda crying. Why? What was happening? He moved closer to her.

“Linda, what is wrong? What is the problem?” said Arnold.

Linda wiped her face. “There is no problem. Don’t worry!” said Linda.

“Are you sure?” said Arnold.

“Don’t worry. It is fine.” said Linda.

“Okay dear!” said Arnold.

One afternoon, the doorbell rang at Arnold’s house. Linda was in the house that day but she was not in the living room. She was doing something in the bedroom. Arnold stood up from a couch he was sitting on and went to open the door. He was expecting someone that day.

“Hey Arnold!”

“Hey Lawson! Glad you could make it here.” said Arnold.

Lawson stepped in from outside and Arnold and Lawson embraced each other.

“I am really happy to see you. It has been a long time since we saw each other.” said Lawson

“Yeah! That is true. Anyways, how are you?” said Arnold.

“I am fine. And how are you too?” said Lawson.

“I am fine, thank you.” said Arnold.

“And how is that your girlfriend? I can see she is taking care of you.” said Lawson.

“(Laughs) She is doing something inside. Let me call on her to come and see you. I have not told her you were coming anyways. Linda! Linda!!”

“Yes! I am coming!” Linda’s voice came from inside.

Seconds later, Linda walked into the living room.

“So, Linda, meet my friend here, his name is Lawson. Lawson, meet Linda, my girlfriend.” said Arnold.

Linda and Lawson looked at each other. Shock! They were both shocked at the sight of each other. None of them said a word. They could remember each other’s faces. Some things had happened between both of them in the past! Who was Lawson anyways? Linda and Lawson looked at each other in surprise with none of them saying anything. What was happening? Arnold could not understand.

“Linda, I said meet my friend Lawson.” Arnold said to Linda.

Linda still did not say anything and kept on gazing at Lawson’s face. Arnold was wondering what was happening. He turned to Lawson.

“Lawson, I said meet Linda, my girlfriend.” said Linda.

Lawson did not say anything either and he kept on gazing at Linda’s face. What was happening?

Linda pointed her finger at Lawson and said “You? In this house?” She then snapped her fingers at him in a way that looked like a threat.

Afterwards, Linda hissed and turned to go back inside. Linda disappeared from the living room leaving Lawson with Arnold. Arnold was taken by bemusement. Did they know each other? What was happening? Arnold turned to look at Lawson, perhaps he was going to say something. But shockingly, Lawson turned and headed for the door. He opened the door and was going to get out. Arnold called after him.

“Lawson! What is happening here? Why are you leaving?” said Arnold.

“Arnold, maybe we will see some other time. Bye for now!” said Lawson.

And Lawson got out!

(In the bedroom in Arnold’s apartment)

When Linda left Arnold and Lawson in the living room, she went straight into the bedroom, grabbed her phone and dialed a number. She was going to make a phone call.

“Hello, Tracy!” said Linda.

“Yes! Linda, what’s up?” said Tracy.

“Where are you?” said Linda.

“I am at home.” said Tracy.

“Good. Please, you will do me a favor. Leave your place and start coming to Arnold’s place now! Come in your car. Lawson is here and I want you to trace him and get his home address.” said Linda.

“Really?” Tracy said and she stood up from where she was sitting.

“Yes. He is wearing a red top and white trousers. Come in your car and park somewhere around Arnold’s house. When you see him get out, trace him and try your best in getting his home address today. Please, be fast! Start coming now!” said Linda.

“Okay, Linda. I am on my way there.” said Tracy.

“Thank you!” said Linda.

And Linda hung up. Afterwards, Arnold walked into the bedroom.

“Linda, what is the meaning of that that happened in the living room? Why did you act like that?” said Arnold.

“What are you talking about?” said Linda.

“Of course, you know what I am talking about. What is it between you and Lawson?” said Arnold.

“Nothing.” said Linda.

“Nothing? With the way you both acted at each other? With the words that you uttered at him? What do you mean nothing?” said Arnold.

“Arnold, I said nothing. Take it like that.” said Linda.

“I cannot take it like that. Even Lawson left shortly after you left us in the living room. Does this situation look like there is nothing between you too? Linda, tell me whatever it is. What is it?” said Arnold.

“And I said nothing. Is it until I tell you what did not really happen? There is nothing between us and that is it. And if you are not satisfied with my answer, why don’t you go after him and ask him? Please, leave me alone!” said Linda.

“Really?” said Arnold.

“Yes. Since you cannot trust me! Since you cannot trust that I have told you the truth in this matter, then you can go ahead and further your research. Go and ask him!” said Linda

Arnold was not satisfied. He reached for his car keys in the bedroom and headed towards the door that led out of the bedroom. When he got to the door, he turned and said:

“Linda, if I go and ask that guy and find out there is something between both of you contrary to what you have told me, you will see what I will do to you. I will be back.” said Arnold.

And Arnold got out of the bedroom. He was going to go meet Lawson at his house.

(At Lawson’s house)

Arnold rang the doorbell and he was let into the house. His attention was caught by the way the house was and what Lawson was doing. Some clothes were scattered on the floor and some bags were there on the floor too. Arnold saw Lawson folding some clothes and placing them in one of the bags on the floor.

“Friend, what is happening here? What are you doing?” said Arnold.

“I am packing out. I am leaving this house. I am leaving this country.” said Lawson.

“What? Since when have you been planning that?” said Arnold.

“Just today! Just soon after I left your house.” said Lawson.

“Really? Why?” said Arnold.

“Don’t worry Arnold. I know why I am doing this. I cannot just spend the next day in this house. I am leaving here tonight.” said Lawson.

“Okay, leave that aside. I want to ask you. Why did you and Linda act like that towards each other earlier this day? Is there anything between the two of you?” said Arnold.

“Between I and Linda? There is nothing between us.” said Lawson.

“Lawson, please don’t hide it from me. If there is something between both of you, please let me know. The way you both acted towards each other did not look like there is nothing. Come on, tell me.” said Arnold.

Lawson moved closer to Arnold and placed his left arm over his right shoulder. He looked into Arnold’s face.

“Arnold, there is nothing between us. Take it like that. But, I am going to tell you to be very careful and vigilant. Study that woman you call your girlfriend carefully and decide if you still want to keep her in such a place that she is now in your life. Find out if she is someone you can handle or deal with as your girlfriend. Find out if there is something dangerous about her that you don’t know yet. Just take your time and study her carefully. I know what I am saying. But as for your question, take this from me and expect nothing else. There is nothing between both of us.” said Lawson.

Lawson withdrew his hand and went on to continue with the clothes. Arnold stood there and contemplated on what Lawson had told him. After a while of contemplation, Arnold declared his intention to leave.

“Goodbye, my friend. When I arrive at the country where I plan to go, I will give you a call. Just remember what I told you. Don’t take it lightly.” said Lawson.

Arnold left Lawson’s house.

When it was night, Arnold arrived at his house and went into the bedroom. Linda was not there! Where was she?

“Linda!” he called out.

“Yes! I am in the bathroom.” she said loudly from the bathroom.

“Okay! I am back.” said Arnold.

“Okay! I will join you soon.” said Linda.

Arnold sat on the bed and was thinking about what Lawson had told him. Was Linda hiding something from him? Is there something dangerous about Linda that he did not know? While he was in contemplation, his attention was drawn to a sound that was coming from somewhere on the bed. Arnold looked behind him and saw Linda’s phone. It was a text message.

Arnold took the phone and opened the message.

“Girl. It is done. We have done the job.” the message read.

Arnold looked at the message. From Tracy! Who was Tracy? And what job was Tracy talking about? As Arnold was there contemplating on the message he had seen, Linda walked into the bedroom. She saw her phone in Arnold’s hand. What was he doing with it? She was curious. Arnold turned to look at Linda.

“You have a message!” said Arnold.

“From who?” said Linda.

“From Tracy.” said Arnold

“Tracy!” Linda said.

Linda rushed to snatch the phone from Arnold’s hand and she got it. There were some thoughts going through Arnold’s mind. With what Lawson had told him, the message he had read and how Linda had reacted when he told her the message was from Tracy, Arnold was feeling curious. He wanted to ask some questions. There were some feelings or urges in his heart that he wanted to satisfy. He wished that he could! Was Linda going to answer his questions?

Linda snatched the phone from Arnold’s hand and read the message. Afterwards, she placed the phone on the bed and went on doing something else. Arnold took the phone on the bed and searched for the message. Surprise! The message was gone! She had deleted the message! Arnold decided she was going to question his girlfriend.

“Why did you delete the message?” asked Arnold.

“What message?” asked Linda.

“Come on! The message I was reading before you took the phone from me.” said Arnold.

“Is it your message or my message?” said Linda.

“And what is that supposed to mean?” said Arnold.

“If you know the message is not for you, then why are you bothered about why I deleted it? The message is for me and I chose to delete it. Big deal?” said Linda.

“Okay! What job was she referring to in the message? And who is Tracy by the way?” said Arnold.

Linda moved closer to where Arnold was. She stood before him and gazed at him right in his face.

“Arnold, looks like you are trying to bite more than you can chew. You are going beyond your boundaries. If you don’t want trouble in your life, leave this matter and don’t ask any further questions on it. If you know what is good for you, don’t investigate further on this issue. Arnold, know it, that if you insist on getting to the roots in this matter, you will bite your finger in regret. I have warned you.” said Linda.

Linda uttered those words and went on the bed. She grabbed the blanket and set her pillow. She lay on the bed. Arnold looked back at her and she looked back at him in return with such a strong face. Did those words come from Linda? It was Linda who was talking to him in that manner? Giving him such warning? What was happening? What was it about Linda that he did not know of? Arnold stopped gazing at Linda and faced front, contemplating. All of a sudden, he felt someone tap him at his back. Arnold looked back to see Linda already sitting up and looking at him. Linda was the one who tapped him. Was she going to say sorry for acting like that and then tell him what he wanted to know?

“Don’t say I did not warn you. Don’t go further on this issue. Forget it! If you insist on getting to the roots, I am telling you. You may meet your doom on the way! Goodnight!” said Linda.

WHAT? Shock! Did Arnold just hear doom? Was it that serious? Doom! Who was Linda? What dangerous thing was it about her personality that he did not know of? Arnold thought for a while; about what Lawson had told her; about what he experienced when he got home. Afterwards, Arnold decided it was time to sleep.

END OF CHAPTER FOUR
Re: Another Fiction Release: The Surprise By I May End Soon by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 28, 2018
CHAPTER FIVE

The next morning, Arnold’s phone rang. Lawson’s name appeared on the screen as the caller. Linda was beside him on the bed still sleeping. Arnold picked the call.

“Hello Lawson!” said Arnold.

“Hello, this is not Lawson. It is Lawson’s brother, Edwin. Are you Arnold, Lawson’s friend?” said the caller.

“Yes, I am. Is there a problem?” said Arnold.

“Lawson is dead!” Edwin said.

“What! Lawson is dead? How come? When was that?” said Arnold.

“He was found dead in his apartment yesterday night.” said Edwin.

“Really?” said Arnold.

“Yes. And from the way his body was found, it seems it was a homicide. Some bullet holes were found on him.” said Edwin.

“Really? Okay, Edwin. I will get up now and prepare to show up there. I will be there.” said Arnold.

“Okay! Will be expecting you.” said Edwin.

The call ended. What? Lawson was dead. Bullet holes found on him? Who did the job? Arnold was there in contemplation until something suddenly occurred to his mind. Arnold looked at Linda who was lying beside him with her eyes still closed. As Arnold was thinking about the death of Lawson, the thought of Linda came into his mind. Arnold gazed at Linda’s face as he continued to think. All of a sudden, Linda opened her eyes.

“What? Why are you staring at me? Were you told I was the one who killed him?” Linda said.

Linda shut back her eyes and turned her back at Arnold. Afterwards, Arnold left the bed, grabbed his towel and headed for the bathroom. He was going to Lawson’s house.

Hours later, at night, Arnold came back into the house. He went into the bedroom. Upon getting into the bedroom, he saw Linda sitting on the bed. She did not say anything.

“Linda, what is wrong? You cannot even welcome me? Are we no more on good terms?” said Arnold.

“Welcome.” Linda said sharply.

“Come on, why are you acting like this? What have I done?” said Arnold.

“When you will not mind your business.” said Linda.

“What? Is it still because I read your message last night? But that would not be the first time I would read your message.” said Arnold.

“But you were going too far in your investigation. What concerns you if I delete a message from my phone? Is it your message?” said Linda.

“I did not feel it was wrong for me to ask. Okay, I am sorry!” said Arnold.

“I have heard you. Anyways, I have news for you.” said Linda.

“And what news is that?” said Arnold.

“I am pregnant!” said Linda.

“What? Are you serious?” said Arnold.

“Yeah. I am. I even have the reports here with me. I have been confirmed six weeks pregnant.” said Linda.

“Waoh!!!” Arnold yelled.

The next day, Arnold left Linda in the house and went out. Later that day, he came back and saw Linda looking worried. She looked like something was bothering her mind. Arnold had not left her like that and he did not like the way she looked. What was wrong with her? Linda had seen him come in and did not say a word to him. She kept on having that worried look. Arnold moved closer to her.

“Honey, what is wrong? You look worried.” said Arnold.

“I am okay.” said Linda.

“No, Linda. Don’t tell me you are okay. Look at your face. You don’t look okay. Tell me, what is wrong? Am I not your lover?” said Arnold.

“Mr. Lover Boy, I said I am okay. Take it like that. I am okay. Simple!” said Linda.

She was getting upset. Arnold decided not to ask her anymore. He then changed the topic.

“Anyways, I want to tell you something. I am sorry I have been hiding something from you.” said Arnold.

“What? You have been hiding something from me? Oh! is this what you want to do to me? Tell me now. Just tell me that you have impregnated someone else and let me hear. Tell me and let me know what’s up.” said Linda

“Come on, it is not that. I have not impregnated anyone. It is even far from that. Please, calm down. Linda, I love you and you know it. You are the only one; the one and only.” Arnold tried to tease her.

“Come on, leave me alone and don’t give me that. So, what is it that you are hiding?” said Linda.

“Calm down. You see, there is something that you do not know about me. I kept it as a surprise for you. I want to surprise you with it.” said Arnold.

“What is it? Tell me.” said Linda.

“Calm down, Linda. I am not going to tell you now. But, I will tell you tomorrow when I get back. Be patient till tomorrow.” said Arnold.

“Oh! Tomorrow right? I have heard you. And you will sleep alone till that tomorrow when you are ready to tell me.” said Linda.

Linda grabbed her pillow and got down from the bed.

“What are you doing?” said Arnold.

“I am going to the living room. Until, you tell me that thing you are hiding, you will be sleeping alone.” said Linda.

“Linda, why are you acting like this? You are acting immature. You are acting like you are feeling insecure.” said Arnold.

Linda was walking as Arnold said those words. At that, she stopped and turned back to face Arnold.

“What did you just say?” said Linda.

“Linda, you are acting like a baby.” said Arnold teasingly.

“What? I won’t take that from you.” said Linda.

Linda rushed towards Arnold and started hitting him with the pillow. They eventually slept together that night. As in, they slept on the same bed.

The next morning, Arnold declared his intention to leave the house and reminded Linda that he had a surprise for her when he got back. Hours later, Linda dressed up and prepared to go out of the house too. But where was Linda going?

(At Nancy’s house)

Arnold had gone to see Nancy. He went there with one other person. They were all inside and afterwards, they all came outside in the compound at Nancy’s house. Who was this Nancy anyways?

“So Nancy, we will be leaving now. We will be back if there is something else we have to do here.” said Arnold.

Nancy: “Thank you very much Arnold. I really appreciate your efforts. (Turns to the other man) Thank you.”

“You are welcome.” said Arnold.

All of a sudden, someone stormed into the compound.

“NANCY!!!” the person yelled.

What? Familiar voice! The voice sounded familiar to Arnold. Arnold turned to look at this figure that was coming towards them in the compound. He was surprised at who it was.

“Linda, what are you doing here?” said Arnold.

“And what are you doing here too?” said Linda.

“I have come for Nancy. This young lady here is Lawson’s sister. And what are you doing here?” said Arnold.

“I have come for this good-for-nothing lady here that does not deserve to live. Nancy, you will die today!” said Linda.

Linda pulled out a pistol and pointed it at Nancy. Nancy was looking terrified at the sight of the pistol. The other man who was at the scene wanted to do something, but Arnold told him to hold on.

“Hold on, John! Let me handle this. (Turned to Linda) Linda, now, please put that gun down. Don’t do it.” said Arnold.

“Stay out of this Arnold. There is something between me and this lady here. She understands what is happening. (To Nancy) Now, you Nancy. I want to ask you some questions and I want you to answer me and don’t lie to me. Failure to answer my questions, I will blow your head off!” said Linda.

“Arnold, let me do something to this situation. This girl may kill someone. Let me take action.” said John.

“John, please hold on. Just hold on. She is my girlfriend and I can handle her. (To Linda) Linda, please for the sake of our love, put that gun down. There is something you do not know about me. Remember, the surprise I told you about. Please, don’t do it.” said Arnold.

“Arnold, we will talk about that later. Let me finish with this girl here. (To Nancy) Now you, Nancy, answer my questions. How did you get those pictures that you shared with Lawson and why did you take those pictures?”

“Pictures? What pictures? John, please hold on! I know you really want to do something but hold on. An issue is coming up! (To Linda) Linda, please calm down. Nancy, please answer her question. What pictures is she talking about? What do you know about the pictures she is referring to?” said Arnold.

“Linda, please calm down. I am sorry. Okay! I will tell you how I got it. You remember that night that we both went clubbing. You remember that I came to give you your keys while you were leaving, claiming that they had fallen from your bag. It is a lie. The keys did not fall from your bag. I actually stole it from you. I took advantage of your drunkenness that night and I got my way into your bag.” said Nancy.

“So what did you do with the keys?” said Linda.

“I actually swapped one of them with a fake one. The ones I recognized as the keys to the door at the main entrance of your apartment which I know is the one you usually lock. I swapped one of them with a fake one. I thought you would not know because you were drunk that night.” said Nancy.

“And what did you do with the key you took?” said Linda.

“I came to your house later that night and I opened the door with the key I had with me. I went to your bedroom and saw you lying on the bed and was already sleeping. I managed to take off your nightwear and I took some photos of you. That was how I got those photos.” said Nancy.

“Wait! You mean, you took photos of her with her nightwear off her?” said Arnold.

“Yes. Afterwards, I looked for the bunch of keys and I replaced the fake one with the real key.” said Nancy.

“And what did you do with the photos?” asked Arnold.

“I gave them to Lawson, my brother.” said Nancy.

“What? To do what? Why did you give him the photos? Why did you yourself take the photos?” said Arnold.

“Linda here is my friend and my brother Lawson had seen her with me and he liked her. He wanted to be having a relationship with her. He talked to her about it but she refused. Linda told him she was not interested. So he asked me to get him those photos so he could use them to threaten Linda into having a relationship with him.” said Nancy.

“NANCY! You are wicked. What have I done to deserve that from you? You are going to pay for this. You will leave this world today.” said Linda.

“(Fell on her knees) Linda, please spare me. Spare my life. For the sake of our friendship, please.” said Nancy.

“What friendship? It has gone sour. Did you think about our friendship before you did what you did? I will murder you today! This thing you are looking at in my hand is no toy.” said Linda.

“Linda, no. please don’t do this. Arnold, please do something.” said Nancy.

“Arnold, it is taking too long. This girl might kill someone. Let me act fast.” said John.

“NO, John! Please hold on!” said Arnold.

“No Arnold! I am acting now! Delay is dangerous. Look at the situation. It is taking long!” said John.

“No, John. Please, hold it.” said Arnold.

“No Arnold. Let him do something. (To John) Do something about this please.” said Nancy.

“Linda, please look at me. Put that gun down. Please don’t do this. Think about our love; our relationship. Think about the pregnancy in you. Think about the possible consequences if you do this. What is going to happen to you if you do this? To me? To us? To our relationship? To our love? To that pregnancy? Please think well. Don’t let vengeance push you to do the regrettable. Put that gun down.” said Arnold.

“No Arnold. I have vowed to take my revenge. The others are no more. She is the only one alive. Arnold, I am sorry but I am going to do this. Forget it. This girl you are looking at is a dead meat. I will finish her today. She is ending today!” said Linda.

“No!” John yelled.

“NO!” Nancy screamed.

“No Linda!” yelled Arnold.

“Arnold, let me do something!” said John.

“Please do something!” said Nancy.

“Nancy! You will taste death today. You will breathe your last today!” said Linda,

“Linda No!” said Arnold.

Arnold moved towards Linda to grab the gun from her. But before he could get his hand on it….

“Haaa! Haaaa!!” Nancy yelled in pain and fell to the ground. Two bullets! Two shots on the chest! Linda murdered Nancy.

“Hands up!!!” someone suddenly said.

What? Who called the police?

“Drop that gun and raise both hands now!” the person said.

And slowly did Linda drop the gun on the floor and she raised both hands. Linda sensed something in the person’s voice. The voice was familiar.

“John, handcuff her now!” said the person.

Familiar voice! A familiar voice was she hearing. Who was it? Linda turned her head to look at where the voice came from and what she saw took her by shock.

“Arnold? Are you… Are you a police officer?” Linda said.

Linda was handcuffed and taken to the police station. That was the surprise. Arnold was an Inspector!

END OF CHAPTER FIVE
Re: Another Fiction Release: The Surprise By I May End Soon by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 28, 2018
CHAPTER SIX

(At the police station)

“Linda, I want you to explain to me. How did you get a gun? Tell your own side of the story.” said Arnold.

“Lawson approached me for a relationship and I told him I was not interested. It so happened that one day, Lawson came into my house and asked that I lay down for him which I refused and I asked him to get out of my house. But he showed me a picture of myself and threatened to share it online if I refused to give him what he requested for. I pleaded with him but he insisted that I should sleep with him before he would delete the pictures. I had a boyfriend named Harry at that time and I was afraid he would see the picture. Besides, I did not want my picture to go online. So I accepted to sleep with Lawson that day.” said Linda.

“Meaning that Lawson had once slept with you while he was alive?” said Arnold.

“Not even once! After the one we had that day, he called me requesting for more saying that he was not satisfied. I pleaded with him but he refused and threatened me with the pictures going online. I agreed. It happened multiple times. On different occasions did I sleep with Lawson because I did not want him to share the pictures online. I did not keep count of the times we did it. It did not seem to me like he was going to stop after the last one we did. It seemed like he was going to ask for more. He even involved two other guys and on different occasions, the three of them would do it.” said Linda.

“So how did you get the gun?” asked Arnold.

“While I was in school, I had a friend named Tracy. She was my friend and my roommate. I knew back then that she was into cultism. She was a cultist. She had invited me into the cult then but I refused. She told me there was a lot to gain if I joined. She told me I had what it takes to be in their cult; that I had the potentials they need. But I thought she was saying all that to win me over and I did not accept to join them. On different occasions would she discuss the issue with me, asking me to join them, but I refused. We eventually graduated from school and then we parted ways.

I was in my house one night when someone knocked on my door.

(Flashback)

Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

“Yes, who is there?” said Linda.

(No response)

“Hello! Who is at the door?” said Linda.

(No response)

Linda got up and went to the door. She opened it slowly and it was Tracy at the door.

“So you cannot simply say you are the one at the door. Are you trying to scare me or what?” said Linda

“(Laughs) Don’t mind me. I was just trying to play games with you.” said Tracy.

“Don’t try that with me next time. What is that?” said Linda.

“Okay, I am sorry. Hmm, Linda the iron lady. I just love this militancy and rigidness in you. Like seriously, you are not putting your potentials to use. You are just wasting it. Babe, you have got this strength and vibrancy in you. Come on, put your potentials into use. Use them to bring money, wealth and fame upon yourself. Use them to control and run things in town. Come and join our cult!” said Tracy.

“So you have come here to discuss this issue with me again this night? I said I am not interested. Is it by force? I am not joining your cult, please. What is there to achieve in your cult that I cannot achieve outside it? Okay! If I join your cult now, what is the benefit?” said Linda.

“Power! Linda, you will be given such power that you are incapable of exercising as you are now. You would be more powerful than some people whom you are weaker than now. You will wine and dine with powerful and influential people in this country and beyond. You would be able to defend yourself if someone attacks you. You would be able to avenge for yourself when someone offends you. Trust me. You will love it. Think about it.” said Tracy.

(Flashback ends)

“I was thinking of a way to end what Lawson was doing to me. I hated the experience. But I was doing it for my relationship with Harry and because I did not want the pictures to go online. But it eventually happened that Harry got the pictures and he called it over between us. I was so hurt by that. The relationship I was protecting was broken. The only reason why I may continue to agree to sleep with Lawson when he asked for it was for my pictures not to go online. But I did not want to continue laying down for him. I wanted it to stop. And at the same time, I did not want the pictures to go online. What was I going to do? I eventually grabbed my phone and called Tracy and I declared my intention and readiness to join the cult.” said Linda.

“Which means you are a cultist presently?” asked Arnold.

“Yes!” said Linda.

(Flashback)

But, I am going to tell you to be very careful and vigilant. Study that woman you call your girlfriend carefully and decide if you still want to keep her in such a place that she is now in your life. Find out if she is someone you can handle or deal with as your girlfriend. Find out if there is something dangerous about her that you don’t know yet. Just take your time and study her carefully. I know what I am saying. (Remember Lawson’s words to Arnold.)

(Flashback ends)

“So what happened after you joined the cult?”

(Flashback)

“Hello, Linda, my lady. How are you today?” said Lawson.

“I am fine, thank you.” said Linda.

‘Where are you?” said Lawson.

“I am at home. And why do you ask?” said Linda.

“I want you to come to my place today. You should understand why I am asking you to come. And these guys are also around. So prepare yourself for three.” said Lawson.

“Oh! You mean the three of you are there?” said Linda.

“Yes!” said Lawson.

“But Lawson, when is this going to end? Are you not satisfied with the ones you have done in the past?” said Linda.

“Don’t you question me, young lady. I want you here today and that is it. Remember Linda. Those pictures are still with me. If you fail to show up, Hmmm.” said LAwson.

“Okay! I will come.” said Linda.

“Better! Now you are talking. And we are expecting you.” said LAwson.

The call ended. After the call, Linda dialed Tracy’s number.

“Hello, Linda.” said Tracy.

“Hello, Tracy! Are you home?” said Linda.

“Yes, I am.” said Tracy.

“Good! I am coming to your place. Please, prepare the guns and bullets before I arrive. That foolish guy has called me and he even said he is with the two other guys. Today, we will finish them up. We will go meet them and execute the three of them.” said Linda.

“Okay!” said Tracy.

(At Lawson’s house)

“Linda, please don’t do this. Don’t kill us. Have mercy on us.” one of the two other guys said.

“Shut up your mouth. Did you show mercy when you were laying down with me? I have come for my revenge. By the way, where is Lawson?” said Linda.

“He went outside to get something.” said one of them.

“What shall we do now Tracy?” asked Linda.

“Finish these ones up. Then we will hide and wait for him to come in. As soon as he steps into this house, don’t waste time. Fire him!” said Tracy.

“Haa! Please have mercy. Don’t finish us. Don’t….”

Headshot! Headshot!! Fall! Fall!!

The two guys fell into the ground after they had both received shots in their heads. Meanwhile, Lawson who had gone out to get something was around the house when he heard the gunshots. Lawson looked into the house through the window and he saw Linda and another lady with both of them having a gun in their hands and he also saw the other guys lying on the floor with blood dripping from a spot on their heads. In a bid to escape being killed, Lawson took to his heels.

(Flashback ends)

“So who killed Lawson?” asked Arnold.

“Tracy did. I had sent her to do the job. I had asked her to trace Lawson that day he came to your house and get his home address. When she called that she was successful in getting it, I asked her to go there with some other ladies and murder Lawson.” said Linda.

“How did you then know that Nancy was the one who took the pictures?” said Arnold.

“Tracy and the other ladies got the information from Lawson on the night they went to his house to kill him. He had confessed that Nancy was the one who took and gave him the photos.” said Linda.

Arnold bowed his head in sorrow as tears rolled down from his eyes. His girlfriend was a murderer and the police had gotten her. What was going to happen to their relationship? What was going to happen to the pregnancy?

“Arnold, I am really sorry. I know I have caused you pain. But I feel fulfilled. Arnold, I feel fulfilled as I have taken my revenge. I know you tried preventing me from shooting Nancy. I know you were trying to prevent me from falling into this situation. I could see all your efforts that day. But, I am sorry. The vengeance in my heart was so strong and I wanted to take my revenge so badly. I am sorry!” said Linda.

“Linda!!! What is going to happen to our relationship? What will happen to our love?” What will happen to the pregnancy?” Arnold said.

What was going to happen to the pregnancy?

“And come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is a Faahishah (i.e. anything that transgresses its limits: a great sin), and an evil way that leads one to hell unless Allaah forgives him)”

[al-Isra’ 17:32]

Undoubtedly having boyfriends and girlfriends is a major sin. – from islamqa.info

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) encouraged marrying women who are religiously committed, as he said: “Women may be married for four things: their wealth, their lineage, their beauty and their religious commitment. Choose the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may your prosper).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5090; Muslim, 1466.

THE END

(1) (Reply)

Étude Et Analyse De Fables Africaines De Yves Emmanuel Dogbé / For Those Boys Who Think Like Me BY JOHN CHIZOBA VINCENT / THE NIGHTMARE (Evil Lurks In The Dark)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.