Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

My Date With Anointing - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Date With Anointing (393 Views)

A Date With A Zodia Freak (e No Get Any Shege Wey My Eye Neva See) / FICTION: On A Date With Her - Ayoola Olugbenga Daniel / A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Date With Anointing by CowHard: 5:59pm On May 28, 2018
I had a close shave with death the day I was given several doses of the anointing by a freestyle man of God I believe is a big fan of Sergio Ramos and has WWE as a second choice of profession.

A Pentecostal friend of mine had been persuading me to grace their weekly night vigils and experience the miracle going on there.
I told him that though I'm a Christian of Roman Catholic denomination who sees all churches as one and loves even Muslims, pagans etc, I still have some reservations about some self-styled clergymen churches.
I cited instances of a neighbor who was taken to the orthopedic home from a night vigil ground on an account of deliverance gone wrong. After several weeks of wooing and smooth talking, I gave in like a village girl being wood by a city returnee.

I brought out my Bible, dusted it, checked for cockroaches so as not to be embarrassed by the ungodly creatures and headed to my friend's place. Within thirty minutes, we have gotten to the vigil ground. A woman sitting beside me who was obviously coming straight from the market oozed out horrible stench that I started feeling uncomfortable immediately.
When it was time for offering, we were told to raise our offerings up. As a Catholic it's a strange act to me. I looked around and the least amount on people's palms were #200.

"How do I raise this #20 up" I wondered and folded my palm. " Ah Ugo na #20 you wan give God ?" my friend asked and I replied angrily "are you my God's financial secretary?"
When it was time for deliverance and my turn to be delivered, I was called to the alter. With a neatly ironed sky blue shirt, dark blue trousers and polished black shoes, I walked majestically to the alter with my shirt tucked in like a newly engaged employee trying to impress the employers. He immediately grabbed me by the forehead and started flipping it with his palm drenched in a mixture of olive oil, salt and coconut water.

Before I could know it, I was already hauled to the ground like a bale of Okrika. "how do I explain to this man that it wasn't the anointing that felled me" I wondered while on the floor and thinking of what to do. This man will pump more of the concoction in to my mouth if I struggle to get up and this may lead to me vomiting. Not that vomiting in such circumstance was bad but I was scared of the quality and content of my vomit as a result of my trademark poor diet.
TO BE CONTINUED..........
Re: My Date With Anointing by Nobody: 7:43am On May 29, 2018
Following

(1) (Reply)

True Love (speech From The Enlightened One) / She Wakes Up To Die Again / An Hungry Man's Thought (a Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.