Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,764 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel (50909 Views)

EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Relinquishes Stewardship Of Club / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Puts Club Up For Sale For £2 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by NaijaMutant(f): 8:47pm On May 28, 2018
The Russian-born backer of the Blues has been granted citizenship of the country and has reportedly bought a property in Tel Aviv

Roman Abramovich, the multibillionaire owner of Chelsea, has formally taken up Israeli citizenship after being denied a visa to the UK.

His visa for the UK expired last month, and with more rigorous regulations put in place by the UK government following the poisoning of former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, he elected not to renew it.

Consequently, Abramovich decided to leave the country and take up citizenship of Israeli, where he is eligible to live due to the Law of Return which allows followers of the Jewish faith to move to the country.

“Roman Abramovich arrived at the Israeli embassy in Moscow like any other person. He filed a request to receive an immigration permit, his documents were checked according to the Law of Return, and he was indeed found eligible,” a spokesperson told Israeli television station Channel 10.

The Chelsea owner, who was previously a resident of Jersey in the Channel Islands, will be eligible for 10 years of tax-free status in Israel, during which time he will not need to declare the source of his income.

Local reports suggest that he will take up residency in Tel Aviv, having bought a property from actress Gal Gadot.

Reportedly worth $12.5bn (£9.4bn), he has become the richest person in Israel.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-emigrates-to-israel/b6xu4b3nvrsl1tudizs8cnisg

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by NaijaMutant(f): 8:48pm On May 28, 2018
Roman Abrahamovic is a Russian Jewish grin

Chelsea Islamist Supporters should kindly join Man city undecided

Or carry out a Jihad on Chelsea.

165 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by obonujoker(m): 8:55pm On May 28, 2018
Israel is a loving country....

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by naijjaman(m): 9:14pm On May 28, 2018
ok
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by opyzy(m): 9:14pm On May 28, 2018
See?? Of all the nations in the Middle East he chose Israel
Are u thinking what I'm thinking undecided

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Trapnews: 9:14pm On May 28, 2018
shocked
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Promismike(m): 9:14pm On May 28, 2018
Good
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by luckynzo(m): 9:14pm On May 28, 2018
Go on sir. I'm joining you soon.

7 Likes

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by nymphomaniac(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2018
Israel will rule the world one day

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by TheNigerianMan: 9:15pm On May 28, 2018
Wow Chelsea got many things wrong thir season even though they had one of the best teams g just hope next season will be better

agreed

Looking For Capital For Your Business? Then Get It Now And Boost Your Business
www.smalllbusinessloans..com/2018/05/best-small-business-loan-websites-you.html
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Obijulius: 9:15pm On May 28, 2018
Nairaland headslammers cant sleep now.... just spotted the fellow below:

A notorious Islamist

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by dotcomnamename: 9:15pm On May 28, 2018
Lol he's considering selling off Chelsea

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Mikeross62: 9:15pm On May 28, 2018
Abi nao
Is real is now d center of all

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by kaybright44(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2018
N
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Archangel15: 9:16pm On May 28, 2018
The guy is deserting Chelsea little by little

9 Likes

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by obi4eze(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2018
Did he actually migrate?
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Wellets50(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2018
Good news of the day
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Mogidi: 9:16pm On May 28, 2018
Refusing someone with $12billion a mere residency visa, haba Britico.

42 Likes

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by rahl12(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2018
Please nairalanders, I need a job. I am a graduate of mechanical engineering. I am a serving in kwara state, will be passing out at the beginning of next month. Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state. Please help a brother. I have experience in operation various of machines.

PLEASE HELP BROTHER HERE.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: robert11marshall@gmail.com

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by itiswellandwell: 9:16pm On May 28, 2018
Nice one to Israel

11 Likes

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by bedspread: 9:16pm On May 28, 2018
He is in the MOST BLESSED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD....

Isrealamakaaaaaaaaaaa

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by bobokeshington: 9:16pm On May 28, 2018
o
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by flamingREED(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2018
Mo Salah should change church to succeed.

15 Likes

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by satowind(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2018
Money is speaking

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Appdriod: 9:17pm On May 28, 2018
Mhm...
Someone once said European and American sanctions on Russia is irrelevant and ineffective. Well, losing the likes of Roman Abrahimovic, isn't an irrelevant and ineffective consequence.
Imagine losing Dangote to Morroco.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Alejoc(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2018
Not a safe haven.... Russia is after all you Oligarchs..... Live large on the wealth of the nation..... No rest for the wicked grin cheesy grin cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by teamsynergy: 9:17pm On May 28, 2018
ok
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by bezimo(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2018
So Abrahomovic is a Jew..I heard pastor talking about it.Now I know..Na wa oh.
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Hotfreeze: 9:18pm On May 28, 2018
flamingREED:
Mo Salah should change church to succeed.

Upon all the churches you've been attending, why aren't you as successful as one-tenth of Salah?

Don't work on yourself, keep shouting 'I receive'.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by AngelicBeing: 9:18pm On May 28, 2018
cool
Re: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel by Throwback: 9:19pm On May 28, 2018
NaijaMutant:
Roman Abrahamovic is a Russian Jewish grin

Chelsea Islamist Supporters should kindly join Man city undecided

Or carry out a Jihad on Chelsea.

All of the first 5 of Prime Ministers of Israel after its creation in 1948 were either Russian, Ukrainian or Polish Jews.

Of curious concern is that the self professed Jews in Nigeria cannot walk to the Isreali embassy and demand to be granted citizenship of Israel under the same law the Chelsea owner has now availed himself.

Difference is some are Jews while some are deluded that they are Jews, but Israel does not entertain delusions.

63 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA / Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup / Mikel Obi & His Twin Girls On A Stroll (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.