Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? (2232 Views)

Does Paypal Charge A Fee To Send Money? July 2023 [update] / UK Tech Visa: Work In Tech Industry In UK / Pls How Does Generator Noise Cause Interference With GOTV Signal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by Jeffosa007(m): 8:19am On May 29, 2018
Hello Nairalanders!

I've been trying to activate my paypal account for a couple of days now. It all started when i emerge a lucky winner of an online contest with a prize worth of $150 to be paid through a paypal account which i submitted to them.
Few days later, i receive in my email address that the sum of $150 has been paid to my paypal account and that i should click to claim it now. I clicked and was immediated redirected to login to my paypal account, i logged in and noting showed up. I checked the activity series but no payment was made.
I was later told to confirm my email address with paypal before i can see the money display in the account. I have confirmed two of my email addresses with them already, still noting showed up.

Please any nairalander who operates a paypal account/have received payment before through paypal should help a brother out. I was also told the money will be returned to the sender if i don't claim before 24th june. Thanks!

Pls admin help foward to front page, i really needed some advice! Thanks!.
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by MrFuckallday: 8:26am On May 29, 2018
Fam Nigerian PayPal doesn't allow for receiving of money. You can only pay with it. You can however create a South African PayPal account and link it with your alat card and retry.
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:26am On May 29, 2018
Jeffosa007:
Hello Nairalanders!

I've been trying to activate my paypal account for a couple of days now. It all started when i emerge a lucky winner of an online contest with a prize worth of $150 to be paid through a paypal account which i submitted to them.
Few days later, i receive in my email address that the sum of $150 has been paid to my paypal account and that i should click to claim it now. I clicked and was immediated redirected to login to my paypal account, i logged in and noting showed up. I checked the activity series but no payment was made.
I was later told to confirm my email address with paypal before i can see the money display in the account. I have confirmed two of my email addresses with them already, still noting showed up.

Please any nairalander who operates a paypal account/have received payment before through paypal should help a brother out. I was also told the money will be returned to the sender if i don't claim before 24th june. Thanks!

Pls admin help foward to front page, i really needed some advice! Thanks!.

The PayPal account u opened ..did u ever verify with an account where u were either debited or credited 0.1£..
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by Jeffosa007(m): 8:40am On May 29, 2018
I tried verifying it with my gtbank master card bit wasn't accepted, tried also with UBA, Zenith, non was accepted.. Pls what should i do?
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 29, 2018
Jeffosa007:
I tried verifying it with my gtbank master card bit wasn't accepted, tried also with UBA, Zenith, non was accepted.. Pls what should i do?

If u haven't verified it with an account, it's as good as account has not been activated for receiving or sending funds..one of the annoying disadvantage of being in Nigeria....I'm not sure how u want to get the money..u should have put someone else's pay Pal account...and offer a fee like 30 -50dollars. Then the person can get the money to u....
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by CruzJoe(m): 11:24am On May 29, 2018
Wildimagination.....whether verified or not verified... As long as is a Nigerian PayPal..... IT DOESN'T ACCEPTS FUNDS OR WITHDRAW

U CAN'T accept money with it...u can only use it to pay
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:53am On May 29, 2018
CruzJoe:
Wildimagination.....whether verified or not verified... As long as is a Nigerian PayPal..... IT DOESN'T ACCEPTS FUNDS OR WITHDRAW

U CAN'T accept money with it...u can only use it to pay

Really,. I opened one for a friend from here..he just added his GT card him self..Nd he was good to go....
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by CruzJoe(m): 12:08pm On May 29, 2018
wildimagination:

Really,. I opened one for a friend from here..he just added his GT card him self..Nd he was good to go....

Try verify this and get back to us here...am sure of what am saying.....

If u have a PayPal account too.. try sending some money to this ur friend to taste what am saying...... And see if it will enter....

I pray it works..but from past experience.. Nigeria PayPal doesn't accept fund....only for paying.....

Pls try and taste this......chat me on WhatsApp so I will know howfar if it entered....

My number is below this comment as my signature.... Am waiting for ur chat
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by Jeffosa007(m): 10:06pm On May 29, 2018
wildimagination:

pls how did ur guy manage to connect his gt card with his own? Was his card registered by gtbank for online transaction 1st? Cox dats wat som1 told me to do nw b4 d card can b accepted.
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by AssasinsCr33d: 10:54pm On May 31, 2018
You can also open another country PayPal account by using a VPN who might be offering dedicated IPs, AirVPN and SwitchVPN offers dedicated IP for paypal and ebay. So that you will get full functionality.
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by sirblend: 11:21am On May 12, 2020
MrFuckallday:
Fam Nigerian PayPal doesn't allow for receiving of money. You can only pay with it. You can however create a South African PayPal account and link it with your alat card and retry.

Mr fuckall.
I would like to contact you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by MrFuckallday: 12:30pm On May 12, 2020
sirblend:

Mr fuckall.
I would like to contact you.
Shoot a mail boss
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by sirblend: 3:19pm On May 12, 2020
MrFuckallday:

Shoot a mail boss

I sent a mail.....I dont know how nairaland mail works.
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by noblemikky(m): 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2022
I buy PayPal funds @ good rate, u can also come with ur limited paypal account that has completed 180 days, send us a DM 08099020123
Re: How Does Paypal Work In Nigeria? by noblemikky(m): 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
Do u have any issue with ur PayPal account?

Do u have a limited paypal account and u want to remove ur money?

Do u have PayPal funds for sale?

Kindly send us a DM on 08099020123

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Webmoney / Meet The New Generation Of Keyboard (BeeRaider) / Download Frp Tools For Frp Bypass Your Android Devices (frp Bypass Tool And Apk)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.