Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Falz Rebukes Critics Of ‘this Is Nigeria’ Video - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Falz Rebukes Critics Of ‘this Is Nigeria’ Video (362 Views)

MURIC To Falz: "Withdraw ‘This Is Nigeria’ Video Within 7 Days Or Else" / Banky W Responds To Critics Of His Big Wedding / Lady Rebukes Abounce For Flirting With Akosua, Busty Ghanaian Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Falz Rebukes Critics Of ‘this Is Nigeria’ Video by thereturnoflucy(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2018
@Kikiotolu.com

Award-winning rapper, Folarin Falana, better known as Falz, has  addressed the criticisms that trailed the release of his ‘This is Nigeria’ video.

The video,  is the remake of American singer and actor, Donald Glover’s ‘This is America’ which was released on Saturday, May 5.
Falz’s video, which was released last weekend and mirrors Glover’s, touches on issued that boggle the Nigerian system, including political hysteria, internet fraud, the state of the economy, insecurity, religion, lack of medical facilities, herdsmen crisis, and others.

However, criticism trailed the Nigerian artiste’s 3 minutes-42 seconds video for following the exact pattern of Glover’s video, employing the same visual concept.

Not one to take the criticism lying down, Falz responded with a 42 seconds clip in which he chided those who have chosen to ignore the message in the song. He said;

“I just dey read comments online and I dey vex. And I dey vex because I dey see people dey talk say falz tha bahd guy is not original. You copied. Hello, do you think I’m not aware that Childish Gambino is the one that sang the original? You think I’ve not seen ‘This is America?’ Dude, that is the point.

“This is supposed to be a remake. It is supposed to be a cover. It is not supposed to be original. I’m not trying to make money off it. Now, the sooner you realise that you are supposed to pick up the message, or the numerous messages on the track , the better for your life, the sooner you start to act accordingly, the better for your own personal life. This is not business. This is a moral instruction. Wake up,”

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/falz-rebukes-critics-of-this-is-nigeria-video/

Lalasticlala ishilove seun Mynd44 Dominique
Re: Falz Rebukes Critics Of ‘this Is Nigeria’ Video by KingSango(m): 12:39pm On May 29, 2018
I guess I better do a, "This Is Planet Earth "before someone else does. grin

Wait I already did that:

www.theriseofsodom..com

Ase

Love Sango
Re: Falz Rebukes Critics Of ‘this Is Nigeria’ Video by Metuh: 12:58pm On May 29, 2018
That's how rotten the country is.

Everybody will leave the real message and start looking for the type of trouser or shoe he wore.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Music Legend Shina Peters Turns 60!! / See Photos Of Reality Star Amara La Negra Who Flashes Her Massive Cleavage / Makeup Artist Writes Goodbye Post As Her Lungs And Heart Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.