Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Lionel Messi: I Would Swap Barcelona Title For Argentina World Cup Success - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi: I Would Swap Barcelona Title For Argentina World Cup Success (339 Views)

Messi: I Would Accept Ronaldo's Dinner Invitation / France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi: I Would Swap Barcelona Title For Argentina World Cup Success by josephbbs1(m): 11:43pm On May 29, 2018
Lionel Messi is so desperate to win the World Cup with Argentina that he would trade success with Barcelona to triumph in Russia this summer.

Messi, 30, has been on the losing side in four finals with Argentina, including the World Cup final in 2014 against Germany in Brazil.

Titles with Barca have not been so hard to come by — Messi has won 32 trophies since making his first-team debut, including a domestic double this season.

However, he says he would be willing to forgo another title with the Catalan club if it meant he could finally get his hands on the World Cup trophy.

“Winning the World Cup is a huge personal challenge for me, for the group [of players Argentina have] and for the country, who have the same dreams as us,” he told El Trece. “It’s a nice responsibility to represent a whole country at a World Cup.

“I would swap a title with Barcelona for one with the national team. While I want to win things again with my club, I want to win something with the national team.

“I know it would be special for what it means, to be [world] champions with Argentina would be different to everything, it would be something unique.”

Read more: https://sportblitzz.com/2018/05/29/lionel-messi-i-would-swap-barcelona-title-for-argentina-world-cup-success/#ixzz5Gjkd1xff

Re: Lionel Messi: I Would Swap Barcelona Title For Argentina World Cup Success by Riogeese(m): 11:50pm On May 29, 2018
cheesy Messi Goat

(1) (Reply)

Official Nigerian Jersey / Turkish Footballer Sent Off After Fans Attack His Father / What To Expect From Nigeria This World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.