Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Humility Is Everything- Be Humble - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Humility Is Everything- Be Humble (680 Views)

Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble / Trust, Humility & Sacrifice - The Secrets Of The Wealthiest Men In The Bible / Pastor Humble Okoro Vs Daddy Freeze: Power Clash That Will Deliver OAP (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Humility Is Everything- Be Humble by pressplay411(m): 5:34am On May 31, 2018
This was impromptu but as I debated which word to share between Humility, Veils of the Enemy and Hardness of Heart, the Holyspirit lead me to Humility being the common denominator which if we can just get right, everything else follows.

Let us pray.
Holyspirit we thank you for this Grace to have your counsel, your comforr, your utterance, your leading and your help in our lives. Never depart from us, never forsake us but always abide with us for the rest of our days in Jesus name.
Give us understanding as we share your word today and the capacity to live according to your will in Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Humility
Humble: Having a low opinion of oneself. Not proud, arrogant or assuming. Modest. (Dictionary)

Bible referemces:
Philipians 2:2-8
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [a]robbery to be equal with God, 7 but [b]made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
James 4:10 | NIV

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 | NIV

Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”
Mark 9:35 | NIV

God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.
1 Corinthians 1:28-29 | NIV

Pride brings a person low,
but the lowly in spirit gain honor.
Proverbs 29:23 | NIV

Humility is a quality that is easily misunderstood and its antithesis, Pride is very subtle.
Pride creeps into the heart without us even realising it.
Pride crept into the heart of the Jews and they missed their Messiah Jesus. But through Humility of the Gentiles (us) we are privileged to receive Jesus our Salvation.
It was Pride that led to the destruction of King Saul while Humility and Worship raised up David. Pride brought down Queen Vashti and humilty brought up her replacement Esther to become the new Queen.

Recently in our own present age, Pride has already creeping into the church. We boast of our churches being the best, and end up missing the essence and purpose, Christ the Word. Perhaps the biggest snare is our sense of pride in Titles, our age as "christians", and self knowledge of the word which makes us puffed up, thinking we are full and others are babes. We boast of our age as christians, our knowledge of the word forgetting we know nothing except for the Holyspirit. We don't listen to babes forgetting that the Holyspirit speaks through any vessel He chooses. We must repent and empty our vessels always, to be replenished, in order to be filled with New wine.

In our societies, Pride has even been instititionalised. We call it Class, Levels, Standard. We are not in the same Class, (S)He's not on my Level. Youths call it Swag. Lol
Let us be very careful and sensitive that we do not go the way of the proud.

Pride believes he knows it all, Humility believes he has a lot to learn.
Pride believes he is self made, Humility believes everything he's achieved is by God, not by Power or Might.
Pride loves recognition and attention. Humility lives to give others attention while staying in the background if possible.
Pride blows his trumpet, Others blow the trumpet of Humility.
Pride makes an ungrateful heart with sense of entitlement. Humility is grateful for all things no matter how little.
Pride takes the haughty role of a boss/lord. Humility cultivate the attitude of servitude.

*In Church* It is by Humility that a sinner can be convicted by the Holyspirit and Confess their sins casting their hope in Jesus Christ.
It is by Humility that you can even come out for Altar call.lol It is by Humility that we present ourselves in service to the church.
It is by Humility that the saved can be built up in Faith and Righteousness.

Lets bring it to the Homefront.
I always wondered why God hardly called First borns in the bible. Abel, Jacob, Joseph, David, etc you'll most likely even notice God rejects the first born and selects the younger.
First borns naturally have a sense of Pride endued on them. Either caused by necessity, responsibilty or thrust upon them by society but it is there. A sense of entitlement.
If you're a first born you have extra work to do exfoliating Pride from yoir life. If you're not a first born, you're not exempt, check yourself too. May God's grace be sufficient for us all.

In conclusion, we all should learn to be conscious, searching ourselves daily, some times we've come to love our pride, we might even be deceived to accept it as our nature, but i promise you it is not. It is a trap, an obstruction to the fulfilment of God's will in our lives.
Let us make humilty our word for the rest of the year and watch it transform and unveil us. Watch how it will reveal our true self and you begin to see it in others and how it has become a snare unto them.
Now Humility is not easy, it's like an insult to self some times.lol In fact it takes the Grace of God. But we have to keep trying, it becomes easier till it comes naturally.
May the unmeritted grace we have freely received in Christ be granted to everyone for we are all God's image and likeness, and for the establishment of God's kingdom on earth as it is in heaven, so help us God in Jesus name. Amen.

Re: Humility Is Everything- Be Humble by pressplay411(m): 8:54am On May 31, 2018
Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Seun
FP please.

(1) (Reply)

How To Connect To God, Your Creator / Please, Is Reading Erotic Stuff A Sin? / Child Sexual Abuse African American Church Institutional Failure Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.