Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th (24357 Views)

Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves / TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC / How Popular Nigerian Televangelist TB Joshua Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Bossontop(m): 7:08am On May 31, 2018
undecided
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Acidosis(m): 7:08am On May 31, 2018
Majority of American and South African televangelists are criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Tloc(m): 7:10am On May 31, 2018
post=68039118:
I love their Christ but hate their christians, because their Christians do not behave like their Christ.............

Mahatma Ghandi (The Indian Buddhist)

Racist Ghandi.
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Mcreloaded(m): 7:14am On May 31, 2018
Asking for the 4th a whole 4 jets our pastors here dey learn. And yet thebgo say Nija no dey carry last at least make them make am draw.
Nigerian pastors please don't fall my hand
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:28am On May 31, 2018
Nope. Actually Nigeria's prosperity preachers were all groomed and brought up by these Mammon-worshipping lots.

They and all those who follow them blindly are all heading for destruction.

Great will be their judgement for they are leading millions of men to worship mammon and forsake the truth.

sauceEEP:
I thought this happens only in Nigeria. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Nobody: 7:29am On May 31, 2018
soberdrunk:
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Ps-----Some people fit riot if on 'judgement day" God just open heaven's gate and be like "Angels let all of them in!! They are all my kids, I ain't roasting none of them"......... grin grin

A Prophet you are

2 Likes

Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31am On May 31, 2018
soberdrunk:
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin The human mind is very advanced yet very weak, anyone can take advantage of it with the 'right words' and with continuous 'indoctrination' you can control it, once it has been compromised it is very hard to reset, there is nothing you will tell these folks that will make them stop funding the lavish lifestyle of their leader unless they come to 'self realization'

Ps-----Some people fit riot if on 'judgement day" God just open heaven's gate and be like "Angels let all of them in!! They are all my kids, I ain't roasting none of them"......... grin grin

What's your brand sir?

1 Like

Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by seguno2: 7:41am On May 31, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
Don't be surprised, that money will be contributed in no time.

They must never disobey.

The bible has condemned the disobedient ones

Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

That was the God of Israel in the Old Testament.
In the New Testament, everyone is a priest of God.
I dare you to pull up a similar quote to your Deuteronomy from the New Testament if you are not a scammer and charlatan like the gods of men who call themselves pastors.
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by seguno2: 7:42am On May 31, 2018
StarUp:
When he was "trekking" for the work of the Lord, nobody accused him of evangelising on foot o...now he has and still wants a better private jet and people are talking.

When you are sleeping on a mat, nobody will talk but by the time God upgrades your life to sleeping on a $1m water bed, haters will appear from nowhere grin

Abeggi make una allow am...God punish poverty!!!! grin

Are you a Christian
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Btruth: 7:42am On May 31, 2018
If the entertainers, politicians & businessmen can have it. I don't see why the TRUE men of God for evangelism should not have it.
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Pelsmic: 7:43am On May 31, 2018
All i know os salvation free
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by seguno2: 7:45am On May 31, 2018
Acidosis:
Majority of American and South African televangelists are criminals.

....and demonic.
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Nobody: 7:48am On May 31, 2018
If he needs one that can do one stop so badly, why cant he sell the other one(s) and buy this new one?

Or is there something I am not getting? undecided

All these pastors though. Who beg am to go preach all over the world? Are there not pastors too also in those parts of the world that he wants to goan preach? He will now lie and say he has a diff prophetic message than those pastors. Yinmu.

Make angel blow trumpet abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by CSTR1003: 7:51am On May 31, 2018
They have perverted the way of the Lord every single one of these prosperity preachers.

And God will deal with them in his own time for feeding fat on the sheep.

The sheep for whom Christ laid down his precious life.

1 Like

Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Pharaoh001(f): 8:02am On May 31, 2018
princeadams11:

Have you forgotten that it is a materialistic religion. The religion is all about material things, nothing is real about it. Let him acquire all the worldly things because that is what the religion is all about.
You're very right....My lecturer once told me that....
He ask me to become a Christian so that everything in my life could go smoothly...Wealthy friends, Huge Gp's, Luxury life and so on.......
He's a pastor too...
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by jaxxy(m): 8:05am On May 31, 2018
The preacher man... Wat he wants he gets! Lol
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by seguno2: 8:10am On May 31, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
Just as expected

The usual hypocrisy card that is pulled.

I thought Jesus said that he didn't come to condemn the laws (old testament) rather, he came to fulfill them.

Well, you asked for it, NOW TAKE IT! and judge yourself.

Romans 13 New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

Obey Those in Authority
13 All of you must obey those who rule over you. There are no authorities except the ones God has chosen. Those who now rule have been chosen by God. 2 So whoever opposes the authorities opposes leaders whom God has appointed. Those who do that will be judged.

Those who rule over you aka authorities is the government. Hence Jesus Christ said give unto Caesar (government) what is Caesar’s and (then/thereafter) unto God what is God’s.
There is no where in the New Testament saying that people should follow pastors blindly. Rather you are supposed to test whatever they say with what the Bible says like the commended Bereans did.
Meanwhile please explain how and why you changed fulfill to mean not to condemn?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by chuckdee4(m): 8:12am On May 31, 2018
StarUp:
When he was "trekking" for the work of the Lord, nobody accused him of evangelising on foot o...now he has and still wants a better private jet and people are talking.

When you are sleeping on a mat, nobody will talk but by the time God upgrades your life to sleeping on a $1m water bed, haters will appear from nowhere grin

1 maybe but does he really need 4
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Sparkle777(f): 8:18am On May 31, 2018
soberdrunk:
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin The human mind is very advanced yet very weak, anyone can take advantage of it with the 'right words' and with continuous 'indoctrination' you can control it, once it has been compromised it is very hard to reset, there is nothing you will tell these folks that will make them stop funding the lavish lifestyle of their leader unless they come to 'self realization'

AMEN to the last paragraph. grin

1 Like

Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by soberdrunk(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

What's your brand sir?

Gulder!!! But "Most" times i cheat on her with Star grin
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by chronique(m): 8:44am On May 31, 2018
So the craze for private jet in the church isn't about to stop anytime soon? American televangelist Jesse Duplantis also wants his followers to sow into the project of him acquiring a 5th private jet at the cost of 65m dollars and he says it's to enable him preach the gospel more effectively... I wonder if these prosperity pastors actually read the scripture in the Bible(matthew 6:19-20) that says: "19: Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth
and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor
rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal".

Private jets are luxury goods. Nobody should tell me any nonsense about it being for preaching of the gospel. If the current day pastors where the likes of Paul, Silas, Peter, John, Elijah, Moses, etc of the Bible, Christianity would have died a long time. Paul in the Bible had to endure hardship and suffered shipwrecks and the likes, with other travelers. Elijah had to sleep under the tree in hot sun and stay without food and water for days because he was running away from Jezebel I think. Bottom line is that the pastors in the Bible suffered persecution, were jailed, flogged, manhandled, spat on, etc. Yet they counted it joy for the Lord. Our prosperity preaching pastors can't even speak against the govt and stay at the back of counter for just one night. All they know is how to fly private jets up and down like pop stars and it's not just limited to Nigeria alone. What on earth is a pastor doing with 5 private jets for God sake?
At the end of the day, religion(modern day Christian gospel of prosperity especially) is becoming a veritable tool to fleece the poor, average and rich, off their hard earned money.
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Joefirst(m): 8:49am On May 31, 2018
I thought they say we don't sew this with the whites... what's this one...
Christianity did not make the country poor, bad leadership did
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Nobody: 8:54am On May 31, 2018
CarGuideNG:

Thanks for sharing THAT infographic

That has to be one of the best birthday gifts I've received in a while...

1 Like

Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by seguno2: 8:55am On May 31, 2018
Joefirst:
I thought they say we don't sew this with the whites... what's this one...

Christianity did not make the country poor, bad leadership did

Are you saying that Christianity does not shape and mould leadership values
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by salt1: 9:01am On May 31, 2018
CarGuideNG:
Before you purchase your vehicles, tokunbo or used, run a VIN check to detect hidden history.

You would be amazed at how effective a VIN report is at revealing devastating and extensive damage.

For free Flood checks and a free AutoCheck Report summary

https://www.nairaland.com/4496727/free-flood-title-damage-history

For Comprehensive and Premium VIN reports with pictures of the vehicle in the country of origin

https://www.nairaland.com/4482263/2000-ngn-comprehensive-autocheck-vin

Don't hesitate. A stitch in time.

There's the silver lining on those figures you displayed : the mega-benevolent. The media is so awash with the negatives you hardly see such positive role models
Let me read more about them.
Thanks for sharing that information
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by semyman: 9:05am On May 31, 2018
Who else should pay?
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by mediclife1987(m): 9:17am On May 31, 2018
soberdrunk:

Are you sure there's no God?
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by Goke7: 9:19am On May 31, 2018
salt1:

There's the silver lining on those figures you displayed : the mega-benevolent. The media is so awash with the negatives you hardly see such positive role models
Let me read more about them.
Thanks for sharing that information

Most of them actually do even here in Nigeria but the media will never talk about them, I blame the churches too, sometimes they do not push those mega charity stuff they do regularly to the media out there for the whole world to know.

You just need to find out what churches like House on the Rock are doing for the Prisons and you will be shocked to find out the millions they are pouring there to better the lives of inmates, I know so much cos a close friend is deeply involved.

Churches all over the world in the uk, america and everywhere are doing great stuff that even governments can't deny but the haters will continue in their attacks cos they seem not not understand why on earth the church has access to such huge resources and they will never understand cos it's way beyond the natural
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:20am On May 31, 2018
danduj:
White people are easy to scam so they will definitely pay
Thought it was Africans who were more gullible? If there are pastors with jets in America then it defeats the misconception that religion is the bane of Nigeria..Africans are their own problem not religion.
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 9:24am On May 31, 2018
seguno2:

Those who rule over you aka authorities is the government. Hence Jesus Christ said give unto Caesar (government) what is Caesar’s and (then/thereafter) unto God what is God’s.
There is no where in the New Testament saying that people should follow pastors blindly. Rather you are supposed to test whatever they say with what the Bible says like the commended Bereans did.
Meanwhile please explain how and why you changed fulfill to mean not to condemn?
Thanks.
If you need more understanding, I'll advise you go for English language.
Re: Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th by tungamaje: 9:28am On May 31, 2018
StarUp:

So becoming a pastor is just normal business, invest and struggle today so that tomorrow you make it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Plays The Piano (Video, Photo) / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.