Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

2 Years Old Boy Smoking! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! (3565 Views)

Fireworks Blows Off 10-year-Old Boy's Hand In Enugu (very Graphic Photo) / Chloroquine, Artesunate, Others Thrive In Nigeria, 2 Years After WHO Ban / After 2 Years I Am Still Producing Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by justmoore: 7:35am On May 29, 2010
Wonder shall never end.

Two-year-old Indonesian boy Ardi Rizal smokes 40 cigarettes a day.

He gets very grumpy if his parents try to stop him.

His father told UK paper The Sun he gave Ardi his first cigarette at the age of 18 months, and says Ardi screams and says he feels sick and dizzy if he's not allowed to smoke.

Authorities in Indonesia, where the family live, have offered to buy them a car if the boy will give up the habit.

But dad says he can't see the problem, and his lad looks perfectly healthy.

NL's, can this happen in Africa?

Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by makajibbz(m): 7:42am On May 29, 2010
lai lai, d baby will be dead cos,local people will call him a evil child, dey might burn him or sumtin
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by justmoore: 7:55am On May 29, 2010
makajibbz:

lai lai, d baby will be dead cos,local people will call him a evil child, dey might burn him or sumtin

Do you mean its a lie?
I ague more than you do, not until I search for it online and the video is there. You too can try search through google and you will see the video there.
please, tell us what you see after research.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by makajibbz(m): 8:03am On May 29, 2010
no, i mean if this baby was in Nigeria or any african country, mr argue!
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by justmoore: 8:19am On May 29, 2010
makajibbz:

no, i mean if this baby was in Nigeria or any african country, mr argue!

I never argued, I misunderstood you. I thought you said the story/pix of the boy was framed.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by meggieblac: 8:26am On May 29, 2010
His parents are obviously not alright, they need psychiatric help.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by justmoore: 8:34am On May 29, 2010
meggieblac:

His parents are obviously not alright, they need psychiatric help.

I think they need more than psychia.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by meggieblac: 8:40am On May 29, 2010
Maybe they need some hot strokes of the cane from one of these white garment churches to clear their brain. grin grin
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by redsun(m): 1:21pm On May 29, 2010
This kind of thing happens when child like parents make babies.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by lysaa(f): 2:26pm On May 29, 2010
This isn't funny at all. What is the world turning into? This is child abuse plus that child doesn't look healthy like the father claims. . Apparently consuming junk.
they should remove all kinds of cigarette he's into from his reach. Maybe take him away from his parents and sue them for child abuse. .imagine those tender lungs of his.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by redsun(m): 6:44pm On May 29, 2010
The child's parents does not have the reasoning faculty of an average in the real world.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by Sissy3(f): 6:06am On May 30, 2010
woah! highly embarrassing and quite sad
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by justmoore: 9:19am On May 30, 2010
lysaa:

This isn't funny at all. What is the world turning into? This is child abuse plus that child doesn't look healthy like the father claims. . Apparently consuming junk.
they should remove all kinds of cigarette he's into from his reach. Maybe take him away from his parents and sue them for child abuse. .imagine those tender lungs of his.

if he doesn't see cigarette for couple of minutes he batters his head on to the wall, screaming and he doesn't take anything until he sees cigarettes (quotes from the parents).

But another thing is he moves around with toy truck because he doesn't have stamina'

What do we call this and whom to blame?
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by Sissy3(f): 10:14pm On May 30, 2010
of course its the parents. the person here in question is still a very small child. he doesnt know the damages hes doing to his health and his young lung
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by justmoore: 12:56pm On May 31, 2010
~Sissy~:

of course its the parents. the person here in question is still a very small child. he doesnt know the damages hes doing to his health and his young lung

I agree with you.
He doesn't even know what he's doing talk less of the meaning.
for Africa? NO WAY!
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by Sissy3(f): 9:02pm On May 31, 2010
i'm not sure of other african countries but i dont think such will happen in nigeria. dont think our parents are that crazy
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by dominique(f): 10:29pm On May 31, 2010
so sad and he's too young to be rehabilitated cry.
the boy's father should be tossed into a jail cell andĀ  charged with involuntary manslaughter cow the boy WILL die before he turns 10 if he continues with this habit cry.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 31, 2010
The kid cannot even talk but he is a ticking time-bomb waiting to explode already with his obesity and clogged up lungs. In normal countries, that kid will be taken away and the abusive parents would be in jail for negligence and child abuse. cry cry
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by Sissy3(f): 6:11am On Jun 01, 2010
true. but somehow that seems to be their culture over there

A study by the child protection commission shows that between 2001 and 2007, the number of children smoking between the ages of five and nine jumped 400 percent. That is tens of thousands of cases and does not take into account children like Aldi, who are under the age of five.

i dont really see how a 2yr old could tactilful over power his parents that they will so helpless and have no other option than giving in to his cigar urges. the parents seem not be concerned about his health but about
cost of spending four dollars a day -- Aldi smokes an average of 40 cigarettes daily.

interesting enough, the parents(the mom was smoking while preg.) said they have quit smoking but the son is still on it. quite sad
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by makajibbz(m): 7:57am On Jun 01, 2010
justmoore:

if he doesn't see cigarette for couple of minutes he batters his head on to the wall, screaming and he doesn't take anything until he sees cigarettes (quotes from the parents).

But another thing is he moves around with toy truck because he doesn't have stamina'

What do we call this and whom to blame?
if he batters his own head and knocksout himself,maybe his brain will re-format and 4get cigar, or dey shuld take him 4 rehab,when he batter his head,and nuttin batter he'll stop,
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 01, 2010
~Sissy~:

true. but somehow that seems to be their culture over there

i dont really see how a 2yr old could tactilful over power his parents that they will so helpless and have no other option than giving in to his cigar urges. the parents seem not be concerned about his health but about
interesting enough, the parents(the mom was smoking while preg.) said they have quit smoking but the son is still on it. quite sad
Thats why, the mother was a selfish B while pregnant now her son is set to die young if they dont get him the help he needs.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by Sissy3(f): 8:02pm On Jun 01, 2010
my dear, how many women know not to smoke during preg.sef, not to talk of them living in a village and with the cigarette advertising bombardment they face, you can see its quite hard to stop the habit. the funny thingĀ  is that the father doesnt see anything wrong with his smoking. the mom claims she needs help cause she doesnt know how to stop him. its kind of scary that, that littlechild smokes average of 40 cigars daily. their health minister should at least do all they can and try to educate people more on the health effects of smoking both for kids and adult alike
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by dominique(f): 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2010
some people are not supposed to have kids sad
that boy won't make to 10 years if he continue living with his parents.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by justmoore: 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2010
dominique:

some people are not supposed to have kids sad
that boy won't make to 10 years if he continue living with his parents.

I think you are right. The boy that doesn't know what is doing neither the meaning, they wanted to kill the boy indirectly since 18months old the boy refuse to die, now they need him most but seeing him dieing they cry out. what would they do?

makajibbz:

if he batters his own head and knocksout himself,maybe his brain will re-format and 4get cigar, or dey shuld take him 4 rehab,when he batter his head,and nuttin batter he'll stop,

You can't blame him because I've said it before that he doesn't know what is doing neither the meaning. so is the parents now to be blame.
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by justmoore: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2010
Somebody heeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This boy has increased it to 4 packs (80 sticks) per day.
what can we do?
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by omeja(m): 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2010
Health is wealth, the adage says. It's a shame that a 2 years old boy knows how to smoke. who teach him and who light the cigarette? the parents should be held resposible and tried for lack of parenting ability, cruelty to a child and child abuse.
But to others out who smoke and finding it difficult to quit, i have a good news for you.
A friend just told me how a simple four step process help him quit, so please check it out, who knows it might be helpful to you as well.
http://f50b4c01n1cn3z1k1a-75btz12./?tid=B51SQ2W8
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by justmoore: 7:28am On Jun 09, 2010
omeja:

Health is wealth, the adage says. It's a shame that a 2 years old boy knows how to smoke. who teach him and who light the cigarette? the parents should be held resposible and tried for lack of parenting ability, cruelty to a child and child abuse.
But to others out who smoke and finding it difficult to quit, i have a good news for you.
A friend just told me how a simple four step process help him quit, so please check it out, who knows it might be helpful to you as well.
http://f50b4c01n1cn3z1k1a-75btz12./?tid=B51SQ2W8

I pray that it helps those who are ready to stop it.

I wonder why people still endanger their lives when it is clearly writing in bold SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG on the cigarettes carton. People still ignore the message and satisfy their unhealthy decision.
God help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2 Years Old Boy Smoking! by omeja(m): 12:00am On Jun 10, 2010
Smoking is a serious addiction, easy to start the habit but take God intervention to stop. Mostly started due to peer pressure, young girls and boys want to show off whivh leads to habit that difficult for the perpetrator to curtail.
They can stay all day without food once cigarette/tobaaco is at their disposal. Thay need help but God helps those who help themselves.
They have to be willing to quit, seek support from professional and stick to their care plans
God will definitely see them through.

(1) (Reply)

WAHO Designates Enugu Diagnostic Centre As A Beneficiary Of Its Lab Programmes / 3 Things You Should Start Doing To Reduce Belly Fat. / (coronavirus) Watch How Parents Welcomed Their Daughter Who Came Back From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.