Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu (19735 Views)

How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free / Zero Data TV In Nigeria On Your Phone, Laptop Or TV / What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by kenny714433(m): 7:29am On Jun 01, 2018

Today..... Do this ooo... Don't plug ur phone overnight oooo
Tomorrow : you can plug it overnight
Next day: oh! Plug it overnight ooo but unplug it exactly 12am
Like wtf do u guys want us to do?
Datz why I hate it when nutritionist are advising me.

Check my siggy though....
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by BuzzRay(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2018
frankputer:
That if u are charging your phone with laptop , it kills your laptop battery .
That lie from pit of hell.

Can your prove the physics behind the assertion ?

I know the physics behind charging and discharging a battery.

i might not be able to explain it, but surely, charging with laptop and also powerbank damages your battery and shortens the life over time.

Source: From Experience
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by israelmao(m): 7:37am On Jun 01, 2018
We are getting informed.Keep it up.
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by Ebyce(f): 7:49am On Jun 01, 2018
can I buy a good infinx hot 2 battery in any computer village around me?
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by Ekeke1(m): 7:53am On Jun 01, 2018
since you knw oya tell us nw
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by frankputer: 8:07am On Jun 01, 2018
BuzzRay:

i might not be able to explain it, but surely, charging with laptop and also powerbank damages your battery and shortens the life over time.

Source: From Experience

Except if your device charge controller is damage.that is to say ,Can not regulate power coming into your device or can not automatically/ programmatically stop your device from charging when battery is fully charged.

If u drain your laptop battery, it's called discharging . Yeah total discharging is not healthy for all batteries, it is the work of the charge controller to ensure your battery does not go below it's minimum charge limit to avoid permanent damage and long lasting life span. All device with rechargeable batteries work with this principles including your inverters.
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by Clean2016: 8:11am On Jun 01, 2018
*Don't put your car battery on the floor

Correct lies
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by Premiumwriter: 8:29am On Jun 01, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
All true.
One question though.
Who are the "they" that are telling all these lies?
Mmmmmmmmm?
"They" should fear God ooooo!
grin
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by Dollabiz: 8:49am On Jun 01, 2018
hmmm
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by chicoMX(m): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2018
Op,
Let me clear you, if you are using smaller android phones like tecnop5,w2,zte blade1 and the rest. You will definitely gat your battery fvcked up quickly.(most especially if you are the type that is fond of charge and press)
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by folahann(m): 10:08am On Jun 01, 2018
Don't listen to that 3rd point. Always unplug your laptop when the battery is fully charged while using it.

I have practiced this for a while and my 5 year-old computer still gives me good hours of battery life. My friend who does otherwise has changed his battery after only 2 years of use.

I had a friend while in school who liked watching movies on her laptop, she would leave the charger plugged in for hours while watching series, within 6 months her battery was destroyed.

tabtabtab directonpc
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by Clementoke(m): 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
What about using your phone or laptop while charging it?. So guilty of that. Any consequence?
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by kmaster007: 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2018
Issorait
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by economia: 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
HungerBAD:
*Don’t leave your phone plugged in overnight.

That’s a lie. It is not the end of the world if you don’t unplug your phone the second that it is charged. The modern charger is smarter than we think. As a matter of fact, leaving your phone on the charger all night or all day is even far better for your battery than running it down and charging it up. Hear the expert: “All batteries work by having two electrodes—an anode and a cathode—with a bunch of a material called electrolyte between. When you plug a battery into a completed circuit, a chemical reaction starts taking place at the anode and electrons start building up over there.

Those electrons want to travel to the cathode, where it’s less crowded, but the electrolyte between these two parts keeps the electrons from taking the short way there. The only way through is the circuit that the battery is crammed into, and those electrons power your device in the process.”

*Run down before charge, charge fully before use.

Crap! Lithium-ion batteries don’t even respond well to being charged all the way up and then run all the way down. They take much better to little bits of charge here and there.

*Unplug your laptop when fully charged.

Your gadgets don’t get overcharged and so is your laptop. Most laptops are smart enough to cut the battery out of the charging equation entirely once it’s full. The battery just sits there patiently until you need it or until it needs another little shock to top it off.

*Don’t remove your laptop battery while working

Apart from running the risk of a shutdown in the case of a power outage or clumsiness with the power adapter, the healthier way for the laptop battery is to remove it while working in a stuffy environment.

Heat is what affects the battery and not overcharge. The lithium-ion batteries in the modern-day gadgets, from iPhones to laptops to Bluetooth headphones to tablets, are different from NiMH and other rechargeable batteries that came before.

Li-ions can pack a lot of power into a small size and they don’t lose too much of that energy to leakage when they’re not in use. It’s a combination of these factors that make them great for your portable gadgets.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/five-lies-tell-phone-laptop-batteries/

Mynd44 Lalasticlacla
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by Ndkings1(m): 4:32am On Jun 02, 2018
frankputer:
That if u are charging your phone with laptop , it kills your laptop battery .
Thats lie from the pit of hell.

Can your prove the physics behind the assertion ?

I know the physics behind charging and discharging a battery.

iitss trueee

chaarrgingg my phone with lapptopp conddemnned my baatery toootallly
Re: Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu by Nunam(m): 8:39am On Jul 16, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Check Iphone Carrier With Correct Information / How To Share Your Airtel Mb With Your Friends / Between Infinix And Tecno Phones Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.