Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

A Divine Summon - Jeremiah 1:4-5; Acts 6:1-7 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Divine Summon - Jeremiah 1:4-5; Acts 6:1-7 (222 Views)

How To Summon The Demon Clauneck For Wealth (tips To A Successful Money Drawing) / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Buys Private Jet (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Divine Summon - Jeremiah 1:4-5; Acts 6:1-7 by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 01, 2018
There are different terminologies that describe various aspects of service unto the Lord: Gift, grace, destiny, purpose, zeal, and calling. Of all, calling is the most sacred. It is a divine summon by your creator to fulfil a particular mandate for Him on the earth. Calling can also be defined as an official summon by a higher authority to a responsibility that cannot be refused, transferred, delayed or postponed. You have to respond to it. The higher authority in our case is God the Father.

After He has called you, He takes you through His process to equip you with gifts, grace etc. to execute the calling. God can call anyone; He can call the old (e.g. Abraham), the young (e.g. Samuel), male (Paul, Joseph), female (Deborah, Mary), sinner/murderer (Saul of Tarsus), saint (Peter), the strong person (Samson), the weak person (Gideon), the literate (Saul of Tarsus, Moses; Acts 7:22) and the illiterate.

The Lord showed me that the keys to harnessing the hidden calling in the lives of believers are genuine salvation, attending the right church, asking the right questions and identifying divine linkages. Without genuine salvation, you are yet to cross from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of God’s dear son (Colossians 1:13-14). Finding your God-ordained church is crucial for moulding you into what He wants you to be, else you will be unfit at the time of your appearing. Asking the right questions from your pastor will nudge you in the right direction for your destiny. You don’t need the tailor of your pastor; what you need is his schedule of prayer and Bible study in order to receive his/her faith. Until Elisha linked up with Elijah, his destiny could not happen. Prayerfully seek out the person(s) that God plans for you to receive from.

PRAYER: Lord, I am here; send me. I will not disobey the heavenly summon over my life in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 2 Samuel 18:1-19:10, John 20:1-31, Psalm 119:153-176, Proverbs 16:14-15

Rev. Olusola Areogun

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / Virginity In Religion / CAN Attacks Buhari, Said Nigerian Embassy Must Be Moved To Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.