Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,796 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt (776 Views)

We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group / Fans React As Manchester United Changes Instagram Profile Picture To LGBT / Ordega: Playing In 4 World Cups Helped Me Play In Leagues On 4 Continents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by ogbiwa: 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
Jaelene Hinkle says she refused to play for the United States last year because her Christian faith prevented her from wearing a shirt honouring LGBT pride month.
The North Carolina Courage defender, 25, was selected for games against Sweden and Norway in June 2017 when the shirt numbers were rainbow coloured.

No formal reason for her absence was given by the national team at the time.

"I felt convicted in my spirit that it wasn't my job to wear it," she said.
Hinkle, who said she was "very disappointed" to give up "a little girl's dream", has not been named in a US squad since.
Her decision has been supported by team-mates and her club manager, Englishman Paul Riley.
But she was booed when her name was read out at a Courage game on Wednesday following an interview broadcast on the Christian Broadcasting Network.

Speaking about her decision for the first time, Hinkle said: "I gave myself three days to just seek and pray and determine what [God] was asking me to do in this situation.
"I'm essentially giving up the one dream, and I'm saying no to it. It was very disappointing.
"That's where the peace turns to disappointment, because I knew in my spirit I was doing the right thing.
"Just because you are being obedient, it doesn't make it easy."

Following the National Women's Soccer League match against Portland Thorns on Wednesday, Riley said: "She's got a good heart, and she battled through the game. It's not an easy thing for her.
"I give her a lot of credit. Whatever her beliefs are, whatever she believes in, that's her. It doesn't affect the team."

Courage team-mate Jessica McDonald said: "She is high on her faith, and in my honest option that's absolutely incredible.
"If she's for God, then that's fine. That's great if that's what keeps her going in her life and keeps positivity in her life."

I, Ogbiwa, selflessly endorse her with one million likes. I pray for more of her kind honestly to curb this madness.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44315031

lalasticlala mynd44

2 Likes

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2018
That's a true American citizen

1 Like

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by oshe11: 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thats TRUE DIGNITY

1 Like

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by Krissjones: 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
Well at least she did it respectfully without expressing any hatred like some other religious nutjob athletes usually do. She should simply resign and Fück off let her become a revrend sister In some church where her sky daddy belongs.Homophobia has no place in sports kudos to the federation for blacklisting her from the team.
Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by Krissjones: 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
ogbiwa:
Jaelene Hinkle says she refused to play for the United States last year because her Christian faith prevented her from wearing a shirt honouring LGBT pride month.
The North Carolina Courage defender, 25, was selected for games against Sweden and Norway in June 2017 when the shirt numbers were rainbow coloured.

No formal reason for her absence was given by the national team at the time.

"I felt convicted in my spirit that it wasn't my job to wear it," she said.
Hinkle, who said she was "very disappointed" to give up "a little girl's dream", has not been named in a US squad since.
Her decision has been supported by team-mates and her club manager, Englishman Paul Riley.
But she was booed when her name was read out at a Courage game on Wednesday following an interview broadcast on the Christian Broadcasting Network.

Speaking about her decision for the first time, Hinkle said: "I gave myself three days to just seek and pray and determine what [God] was asking me to do in this situation.
"I'm essentially giving up the one dream, and I'm saying no to it. It was very disappointing.
"That's where the peace turns to disappointment, because I knew in my spirit I was doing the right thing.
"Just because you are being obedient, it doesn't make it easy."

Following the National Women's Soccer League match against Portland Thorns on Wednesday, Riley said: "She's got a good heart, and she battled through the game. It's not an easy thing for her.
"I give her a lot of credit. Whatever her beliefs are, whatever she believes in, that's her. It doesn't affect the team."

Courage team-mate Jessica McDonald said: "She is high on her faith, and in my honest option that's absolutely incredible.
"If she's for God, then that's fine. That's great if that's what keeps her going in her life and keeps positivity in her life."

My one million likes for her.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44315031

lalasticlala mynd44
Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by eyeview: 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
Under the guise of equal right, if we dont take care, those in the practice of the demonic same sex will be in majority and those of us whose belief is against it will become the oppressed minority.
...and then it will get to the soddom and gomorrea level where their majority can besiege your house and demand that you produce your visitors for same sex and you will be pleading cos you have kept mute till you became the oppressed minority.
Their initial stage is to be allowed to live peacefully the way they want, afterall 'their lifestyle doesnt harm anyone'. But if allowed, they start spreading, looking for vulnerable and innocent kids to co-opt, pushing for laws favourable to them, planting gays in positions of authority, etc till the heterosexual will become suppressed. In some climes, before you would even raise your voice to speak against it or reject their program like that lady, they will come all out in their hundreds to attack and shred you

5 Likes

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by Donald95(m): 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
Black African Presidiot Obama can carry his a.ss sniffing policies to Kenya. True Americans has nothing to do with such

3 Likes

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by Bibidear(f): 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
she is courageous,i am proud of her

2 Likes

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by Mikora: 5:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
Krissjones:
Well at least she did it respectfully without expressing any hatred like some other religious nutjob athletes usually do. She should simply resign and Fück off let her become a revrend sister In some church where her sky daddy belongs.Homophobia has no place in sports kudos to the federation for blacklisting her from the team.
Are you not also filled with hatred? Why should she not be allowed to participate in sports because of her religious views? She is not stopping gay people from playing the game neither is she advocating against them, she is simply refusing to participate in a campaign that promotes homosexual activities because her faith prevents her from doing so. I'm glad her teammates and club are standing by her decision. You pro LGBT people need to know that it's not only gay people that have rights, others also have the right not to participate in or promote homosexual activities

5 Likes

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by Gullah: 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2018
Krissjones:

I followed her story and she's clearly not regretting not playing for the us national team anymore. People like you can never understand that to some of us, things that are eternal are more important than things that are temporal. What would it profit her to play for the us national team and lose her soul? I watched her interview and she spoke about the peace that she felt in her heart after making that decision, you can't understand that kind of peace that passes all understanding either.

3 Likes

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by itchie: 5:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
Donald95:
Black African Presidiot Obama can carry his a.ss sniffing policies to Kenya. True Americans has nothing to do with such
Barack Obama is one of the most foolish and evil people I've ever seen.

3 Likes

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by Donald95(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
itchie:

Barack Obama is one of the most foolish and evil people I've ever seen.

And too, he has blocked way for other intending blacks planning to run for Presidency

3 Likes

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by obonujoker(m): 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2018
I'm proud of her.... make God open more doors for her....

1 Like

Re: US Footballer Refuses To Play In An LGBT Shirt by poncedeleon: 7:44pm On Jun 01, 2018
Hh

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria U-20 Beat Mauritania 5-0, Qualify For Niger 2019 / Week5 2018-08-11 One Banker Draw Game & Prove / OAU Giants Triumph UI Pioneers In Higher Institutions Football League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.