Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group (1412 Views)

Senegal Vs Netherlands: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (0 - 2) On 21st November 2022 / Qatar Vs Ecuador: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (0 - 2) On 20th November 2022 / FIFA Confirms Next World Cup In Qatar To Hold Nov/dec 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Northurmate: 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2022
Qatar have given the clearest indication yet that they will not bend their religious doctrines and beliefs to accommodate LGBT ideas during the 2022 World Cup.

An official of the Arabic country, Major General Abdulaziz Abdullah Al Ansari, said Qatar cannot change its laws or religious beliefs just because they’re hosting the tournament.

Al Ansari is the director of the Department of International Cooperation and also doubles as the Chairman of the National Counterterrorism Committee at the Ministry of Interior.

"You want to demonstrate your view about the (LGBTQ) situation, demonstrate it in a society where it will be accepted… We cannot change the laws or our religion for a 28-day tournament," he told the Associated Press.

"We realize that this man got the ticket, comes here to watch the game, not to demonstrate, a political (act) or something which is in his mind.”

Al Ansari further warned LGBTQ+ groups against raising rainbow flags or demonstrating for their rights during the World Cup.

According to him, the safety of gay groups that try to demonstrate in the stands during the World Cup cannot be guaranteed.

“If he (a fan) raised the rainbow flag and I took it from him, it's not because I really want to, really, take it, to really insult him, but to protect him,” he said.

"Because if it's not me, somebody else around him might attack (him)... I cannot guarantee the behaviour of the whole people. And I will tell him: 'Please, no need to really raise that flag at this point.'"

Concerns have been raised by pro-LGBTQ+ groups since Qatar were awarded the right to host the World Cup.

Al Ansari, however, insists persons of all sexual orientations are welcome to Qatar, but cautioned against public display of actions that are not acceptable in the Arabic country.

https://www.pulse.com.gh/sports/football/qatar-will-not-change-its-religion-because-of-28-day-world-cup-for-lgbt-groups/hkq69ec

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Uprightness100(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2022
This is one of the reasons I love the Muslim brethren. No time for nonsense under any guise.
I just Pray they come to know JESUS Christ as Lord and Savior.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by JohnBullMySon: 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
Not condemning LGBT. But everyone should apply wisdom. The man is right. No need raising rainbow flags and triggering unnecessary violence. World Cup won't last long. Let the west just tolerate their views for a safe event biko.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by rickpat(m): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
simple and short....LGBT MUST NOT TO GO TO THE WORLD.... STAY IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE...and let people enjoy the world cup...QED

if they are allowed to fly the flags...what happens after the world cup?... countries have rules...LBGT watch from home or respect yourselves in qatar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by blazingblender(m): 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2022
I see LGBT as
Selfishness
You are just being selfish as gay
Not any form of doing what you want
I hate gays with passion
I hate all of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by JohnBullMySon: 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2022
rickpat:
simple and short....LGBT MUST NOT TO GO TO THE WORLD.... STAY IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE...and let people enjoy the world cup...QED
According to the man. They're all invited. However they should not trigger the Muslims and their radical beliefs since you can't control the actions of everyone in the stadium. Telling them not to go to the World Cup at all will be a step too far and even FIFA will be forced to change venue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by paulolee(m): 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2022
a good way forward...they should just watch from home..
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by paulolee(m): 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
Uprightness100:
This is one of the reasons I love the Muslim brethren. No time for nonsense.
u pray Muslims come to know JESUS? sounds too funny..
am a Christian too bt learn to respect others religion...
assuming u are born in China, u would be praying dt Christians n Muslims accept Buddha..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Uprightness100(m): 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2022
paulolee:

assuming u are born in China, u would be praying dt Christians n Muslims accept Buddha..
You are a Lukewarm and Fake Christian who is neither here nor there!
If you know what Eternity means and you love Humanity, you will Fast and pray and do all you can to bring people to JESUS Christ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by rickpat(m): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
According to the man. They're all invited. However they should not trigger the Muslims and their radical beliefs since you can't control the actions of everyone in the stadium. Telling them not to go to the World Cup at all will be a step too far and even FIFA will be forced to change venue.
yes...but any one of them who can't watch peacefully should stay away..we have too many issues in the world right now,let's not add more...THE WORLD CUP IS A WELCOMED DISTRACTION FROM ALL THR CRAZINESS IN THE WORLD TODAY...let LGBT watch without triggering anything in qatar or stay away if they are going to qatar to create any LGBT awareness... Qatari government won't take that lightly at all

1 Like

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by JohnBullMySon: 3:21pm On Apr 15, 2022
rickpat:
yes...but any one of them who can't watch peacefully should stay away..we have too many issues in the world right now,let's not add more...THE WORLD CUP IS A WELCOMED DISTRACTION FROM ALL THR CRAZINESS IN THE WORLD TODAY...let LGBT watch without triggering anything in qatar or stay away if they are going to qatar to create any LGBT awareness... Qatari government won't take that lightly at all
That's not the issue. The Qatari government are quite liberal and will likely not react. The issue is the people. Raising the flag when surrounded by Muslims isn't a wise thing to do at all.

4 Likes

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by paulolee(m): 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2022
Uprightness100:

You are a Lukewarm and Fake Christian who is neither here nor there! If you know what Eternity means and you love Humanity, you will Fast and pray and do all you can to bring people to JESUS Christ.
sorry sir....no vex o...na me find trouble

2 Likes

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by rickpat(m): 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
That's not the issue. The Qatari government are quite liberal and will likely not react. The issue is the people. Raising the flag when surrounded by Muslims isn't a wise thing to do at all.
I know it's the people that will react...but trust me..the government is against LBGT but they will not condemn it openly ..at the end of the day...a complicated conflict will spring up..either ways they should keep their flags away for peace sake

1 Like

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Oomarusuph: 3:34pm On Apr 15, 2022
Uprightness100:

You are a Lukewarm and Fake Christian who is neither here nor there! If you know what Eternity means and you love Humanity, you will Fast and pray and do all you can to bring people to JESUS Christ.

Funny enough,the Muslims respect Jesus more than the Jews and Christians. They have chapters dedicated to Jesus Christ and his family in the Holy Qur'an. Do your research and don't live in the dark

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by habsydiamond(m): 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
I pray the gaygaymus won't go and cause trouble in Qatar once the world cup starts ooo.. I can't pack shiits..

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Uprightness100(m): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2022
Oomarusuph:

Funny enough,the Muslims respect Jesus more than the Jews and Christians. They have chapters dedicated to Jesus Christ and his family in the Holy Qur'an. Do your research and don't live in the dark

There is nothing like Respect JESUS more than this or that.
The Jews who have not surrendered to JESUS cannot make Heaven. All the Jews who don't have JESUS as their Lord will miss the Rapture. They will go through a time of " Jacob's trouble" ! Those of them who survive it must accept JESUS before they can make Heaven.

It does not Matter if you are a Jew, Gentile, Christian, Muslim, Buddha or whatever, without a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ, forget about Eternal life in Heaven.
It is not a religious Competition or argument! There is no other way! Only through JESUS Christ can any of us see GOD

3 Likes

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Flamemignon1(m): 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Not condemning LGBT. But everyone should apply wisdom. The man is right. No need raising rainbow flags and triggering unnecessary violence. World Cup won't last long. Let the west just tolerate their views for a safe event biko.
I just think queer people shouldn't go......I mean why go to a place where you know you're not safe,even HRC and Trevor project (both LGBT NGOs) are begging queers not to go there as they can watch the world cup from home and if they do, try and be safe
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Flamemignon1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
FIFA can't do a thing since money is involved, it's a bid and yes FIFA is pro LGBT+ but I guess talks were made to at least allow them to come so as not to arouse any prejudice,I think it's an even compromise because I had no idea they will even give them permission to come

Just go there for the game and leave as soon as possible,one month shouldn't be hard not to be yourself, Nigerian queers go through it daily
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by JohnBullMySon: 4:42pm On Apr 15, 2022
rickpat:
I know it's the people that will react...but trust me..the government is against LBGT but they will not condemn it openly ..at the end of the day...a complicated conflict will spring up..either ways they should keep their flags away for peace sake
Exactly. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Jokerman(m): 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2022
Good.

LGBT nonsense..... angry
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by sanpipita(m): 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2022
They shouldn't cry when other nations ban hijab then, their beliefs are different and they can't suddenly change it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2022
Na so
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by cdqyehyeh(m): 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2022
Uprightness100:

If you refer to your fellow Christian as fake base on his own religious view, then you are fake yourself. How sure are you, you are practicing right what you believe .
As well learn to respect others belief, every religion practitioners believe they are on the right path even atheists, leave them to God to change them, (whats your differences with terrorist mentality excluding the force included) learn not to write thrash as if other religion are wrong.
God knows and created everyone, he is capable of making us all practice same religion. Preach with no reference to other peoples belief. Some religion leaders does this as well, which is one of our weakness as a nation till now, religiously bias, ethnicity bigotry,

1 Like

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by HealerH: 11:24am On Apr 16, 2022
Hypocrisy everywhere.

Football today is more than a Sportive activity. It has the qualities of a religion. It has it's values, morals and laws just like every other religion.

I see Christian players do the sign of the cross in a football match. And most European flags in a football activity has the cross on them.

I see Muslim players do Islamic gestures. And most Islamic flags in a football activity has the half-moon on them.

You bring your belief into football but you're worried that someone else should bring in their own belief.

If you want to be logical in your argument, be critical and logical. I hate mediocre reasoning.
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by uthlaw: 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2022
paulolee:

bros u too mature aje,everybody believed is religion is the best...no answer dat guy again abeg!
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by uthlaw: 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2022
sanpipita:
They shouldn't cry when other nations ban hijab then, their beliefs are different and they can't suddenly change it.
did your religion accept gay?

1 Like

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by fattprince(m): 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2022
HealerH:
Hypocrisy everywhere.

Football today is more than a Sportive activity. It has the qualities of a religion. It has it's values, morals and laws just like every other religion.

I see Christian players do the sign of the cross in a football match. And most European flags in a football activity has the cross on them.

I see Muslim players do Islamic gestures. And most Islamic flags in a football activity has the half-moon on them.

You bring your belief into football but you're worried that someone else should bring in their own belief.

If you want to be logical in your argument, be critical and logical. I hate mediocre reasoning.
No logic in your argument. Is LGBT a religion. No body is telling you not to do Buddha sign but LGBT ain't a religion. Or us it?
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by WhizdomXX(m): 1:56am On Apr 17, 2022
Wonderfully perfect response.
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by WhizdomXX(m): 1:59am On Apr 17, 2022
Uprightness100:

If you know what Eternity means and you love Humanity, you will Fast and pray and do all you can to bring people to JESUS Christ.
Truly said.

1 Like

Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by ACCURETE(m): 5:12am On Apr 17, 2022
HealerH:
Hypocrisy everywhere.

did your religion accept gay?
is LGBT a religion?
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Puremaker8: 9:45am On Apr 17, 2022
Uprightness100:

mumu man
Re: We'll Not Change Our Religion Because Of 28-day World Cup’ – Qatar To LGBT Group by Puremaker8: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2022
Uprightness100:
This is one of the reasons I love the Muslim brethren. No time for nonsense under any guise.
I pray you realize that no heaven for you unless you died as a Muslim.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? / Yaya Toure: Barcelona Is 'quite Afraid' Of Manchester City / Victor Moses Lied About Being Injured For The Match Against Bosnia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.