Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work (6543 Views)

The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! / The Holy Spirit Is Omnipotent, Omnipresent And Omniscient / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2018
Holy spirit is real
He manifest in different way,over and over again, l kept speaking in tongues l can't control or understand each time l pray,no matter how brief it is,l always feel my body moving i n line With the prayer, which l also can't control, the only problem is,l feel l am not being given the chance to say my main prayer intention, rather l end up speaking in tongues l don't understand.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by vicardino(m): 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
You are experiencing one of the ministries of holy spirit. You think you know your needs more than the spirit dwelling inside of you? You can intellectually pray amiss but u can't pray amiss when your spirit is the one making the utterances with groaning which can't be described. Romans 8:26
ikechizoba:
Holy spirit is real
He manifest in different way,over and over again, l kept speaking in tongues l can't control or understand each time l pray,no matter how brief it is,l always feel my body moving i n line With the prayer, which l also can't control, the only problem is,l feel l am not being given the chance to say my main prayer intention, rather l end up speaking in tongues l don't understand.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
Omooba77:
Many people have doubted the reality of the Holy Spirit which is third Personality of Trinity.
Many of us have had the encounter with him through the small still voice. A man I knew said one day he sat down and said; someone said Iam not the way, pray to God to show you the way. And Jesus said Iam the Way, the Truth and the Life; that is how he gave his life to Jesus, today he is a minister in Foursquare Gospel Church.
One woman went to pilgrimage and that is how Jesus met her, today she is an evangelist.
The Holy Spirit has directed my path and wisdom I could not have imagined.
One point try the Spirit to be sure is from God.
Have a bless day!

"" Many of us have had the encounter with him through the small still voice.""

The small still voice also speak to people in psychiatric hospitals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by KratosCorp: 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2018
Your assertion is not totally correct, sorry.

The Holy Spirit gives you the utterance and the nudge to speak out. But whether to go ahead and speak or not is entirely your choice. If you keep your mouth shut the Holy Spirit will not force it open - although the utterances may still be flowing in your thoughts. In that case, you may also choose to sing and dance azonto just to get the utterance off your thoughts - the Holy Ghost will not force you to do otherwise.

The point here is that you are fully responsible for the speaking part of the inspired utterances. The Holy Ghost only nudges you on - He does not force you to.

As such, you can also pray in your understanding. But, from my experience, it is way better and much more effective to yield to the nudgings of the spirit and keep speaking out those utterances while AT THE SAME TIME brooding mentally on your articulated desires and intents.

ikechizoba:
Holy spirit is real
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2018
vicardino:
You are experiencing one of the ministries of holy spirit. You think you know your needs more than the spirit dwelling inside of you? You can intellectually pray amiss but u can't pray amiss when your spirit is the one making the utterances with groaning which can't be described. Romans 8:26

So what do l do? Even to say a short prayer like "God,l thank you for this day....and it takes over" is that how it goes?? l can't make a short prayer without ending it with tongues, it conjures with my prayer
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2018
KratosCorp:
Your assertion is not totally correct, sorry.

The Holy Spirit gives you the utterance and the nudge to speak out. But whether to go ahead and speak or not is entirely your choice. If you keep your mouth shut the Holy Spirit will not force it open - although the utterances may still be flowing in your thoughts. In that case, you may also choose to sing and dance azonto just to get the utterance off your thoughts - the Holy Ghost will not force you to do otherwise.

The point here is that you are fully responsible for the speaking part of the inspired utterances. The Holy Ghost only nudges you on - He does not force you to.

As such, you can also pray in your understanding. But, from my experience, it is way better and much more effective to yield to the nudgings of the spirit and keep speaking out those utterances while AT THE SAME TIME brooding mentally on your articulated desires and intents.

Yes,l have the choice to stop it but its difficult,
l know how many times l tried to shut it off to concentrate on my own prayer and the language l know, l end up not praying at all,these days l just let it flow, it carries along the movement of my body,that always leaves me dizzy after praying,and a feeling like someone who fought a war and won. But yet l feel l prayed for someone else and not for myself
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Omooba77: 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
PrecisionFx:

"" Many of us have had the encounter with him through the small still voice.""
The small still voice also speak to people in psychiatric hospitals.
An experience will convince you sir
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by imhere: 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
The Holy Spirit is fully at work in the now. Jesus said it was expedient for him to go so that the Holy Spirit can come.
And when He the spirit of truth is come He will lead us into all truth. John 14:15-16

To be empowered by the Spirit of God you have to accept Jesus into your life and forsake every sin.
Do it today and you will be happy you did. God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by dinomcjohn: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
The Sweet lovely ever powerful and gracious Holy Spirit is still at work. That's right

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
undecided undecided
Omooba77:

An experience will convince you sir

U mean yabaleft experience? grin.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Manager264(m): 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2018
Don't treat Holy Spirit as a separate person. Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, they are all one, one team, God the Father reigns in Heaven, we pray in Jesus name while Jesus takes the requests to Father in Heaven, when Father in Heaven grants the prayer requests, He instructs Holy Spirit to execute it because Holy Spirit is the one closest with us, dwells in us, dwell on earth ,and He will dwell on earth forever. Often times, He communicates with us, but it is only believers that can hear him , empowered by Him, receive gift(s) from Him, and can (work) do exploits through Him, and He is one of the Godhead or trinity that will bear witness with us in heaven. THAT IS HOW THE CONCEPT WORKS. Bless you. I'm Prophet M. O. Ola of The Light of God's Face Ministries
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by vicardino(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
Sis, enjoy it. Just allow him do his thing. I envy u oooo grin
ikechizoba:

So what do l do? Even to say a short prayer like "God,l thank you for this day....and it takes over" is that how it goes?? l can't make a short prayer without ending it with tongues, it conjures with my prayer
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by sKeetz(m): 7:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
vicardino:
Sis, enjoy it. Just allow him do his thing. I envy u oooo grin

You envy madness? shocked
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Omooba77: 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
PrecisionFx:
undecided undecided

U mean yabaleft experience? grin.
If is that what you think sir
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
Omooba77:

If is that what you think sir

I am not thinking, I am taking a lead from you.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Omooba77: 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
PrecisionFx:

I am not thinking, I am taking a lead from you.
Ok God bless you sir.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by vicardino(m): 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
May you be found in good time
sKeetz:

You envy madness? shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience / Pastor Disvirgin A Girl / Christian Lady Cooking Sahur&iftar For A Muslim Brother;islamic Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.