Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,263 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work (6499 Views)

The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! / The Holy Spirit Is Omnipotent, Omnipresent And Omniscient / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Omooba77: 6:49am On Jun 03, 2018
Many people have doubted the reality of the Holy Spirit which is third Personality of Trinity.
Many of us have had the encounter with him through the small still voice. A man I knew said one day he sat down and said; someone said Iam not the way, pray to God to show you the way. And Jesus said Iam the Way, the Truth and the Life; that is how he gave his life to Jesus, today he is a minister in Foursquare Gospel Church.
One woman went to pilgrimage and that is how Jesus met her, today she is an evangelist.
The Holy Spirit has directed my path and wisdom I could not have imagined.
One point try the Spirit to be sure is from God.
Have a bless day!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by collinometricx: 7:19am On Jun 03, 2018
ѕecond ғтc on a ѕυnday мornιng

eco88
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by hopefulLandlord: 7:24am On Jun 03, 2018
I’ve heard many Christians claim that God, through the Holy Spirit, provides guidance and wisdom to those who prayerfully study scripture, to an accurate understanding.

If two different people, through prayerful study of scripture, come to two different and conflicting understandings of scripture, then God couldn’t have assisted both of them.

If several different people study scripture and all come to different and conflicting understandings, this is exactly what should be expected if holy spirit was not involved in this scripture study. This is why we have 30,000 different Christian sects each claiming to be guided by the same spirit but see most of the other sects as heretical

All evidence points to holy spirit being an imaginary friend people believe is real but is actually not or can someone give me one testable proof of holy spirit?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by CAPSLOCKED: 7:25am On Jun 03, 2018
KratosCorp:
Holy Spirit can COMMUNICATE in diverse ways but He primarily chooses to communicate with Christians through the intuition (the still small voice).

WHY ARE THERE OVER 3000 CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS, ALL CONTRADICTING ONE ANOTHER?
IS IT THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT ENJOYS SEEING PEOPLE CONFUSED, OR THAT ALL THE DENOMINATIONS ARE WRONG BUT ONE?

John 17:20-21
"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
-Jesus H. Christ. (grand master of failed prayers).

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Omooba77: 7:39am On Jun 03, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Holy spirit!
The Holy Spirit is still Powerful!

7 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Omooba77: 7:39am On Jun 03, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Holy spirit!

3 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by CandidSeeker(m): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2018
Omooba77:

Yes, The Holy Spirit Is Still Powerful.

1 Corinthians 2:10-11 NKJV
...But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
[11] For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

-Peace.

4 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by bennymark(m): 8:46am On Jun 03, 2018
Really?
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Edopesin: 8:47am On Jun 03, 2018
Opium of the people
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by ihatebuhari(f): 8:48am On Jun 03, 2018
Thank u holy spirit for being my comforter

4 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Benekruku(m): 8:49am On Jun 03, 2018
Too much Nollywood Home videos make you imagine a spirit is communicating with you.

Spirit that can tell the pastor or church members that the church building wants to collapse, Is that a spirit.

Your imaginations are playing tricks on you.

3 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Herrmes: 8:49am On Jun 03, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Holy spirit!
I admire your tenacity, but please let them be...

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by NPComplete: 8:50am On Jun 03, 2018
Omooba77:
Many people have doubted the reality of the Holy Spirit which is third Personality of Trinity.
Many of us have had the encounter with him through the small still voice. A man I knew said one day he sat down and said; someone said Iam not the way, pray to God to show you the way. And Jesus said Iam the Way, the Truth and the Life; that is how he gave his life to Jesus, today he is a minister in Foursquare Gospel Church.
One woman went to pilgrimage and that is how Jesus met her, today she is an evangelist.
The Holy Spirit has directed my path and wisdom I could not have imagined.
One point try the Spirit to be sure is from God.
Have a bless day!

If the main evidence u have for the Holy spirit u claim to have is a small still voice then u haven't started. U are just deceiving yourself. The voice that speaks in people's heads is always a still small voice. Same with the voice that tells u to check out the ass of that hot chick. Even the voice that tells lunatics to kill people randomly is always gentle and soft. It is never a hard croaking voice. Stop fooling yourself.

As to the second point about one woman going on a pilgrimage, I fail to see how that helps your case. Any random möron can go anywhere and come back with "spiritual enlightenment" and that's not a sign of anything remotely sensible. There are even people who visit the holy land and come back with a mental illness. It is called Jerusalem Syndrome. Hers is probably a benign variation of it.
What would have been newsworthy is if she came back from there and started raising random dead people in hospitals and healing people with medically verifiable illnesses.

3 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by brodalokie: 9:16am On Jun 03, 2018
The Bible is our absolute. Without hearing any voice I am a better champion because you just might be hearing the image of the dragon speaking with you. We are commanded to test or try every spirit whether they be of God. How do we test them? We test them by the word (the Bible).
The Holy Spirit is God himself and God can not contradict Himself. THE WORDS OF THE LORD ARE YEA AND AMEN.
The just shall live by faith. Faith cometh by hearing the word (Gospel)
Finally, an angel or spirit may speak to somebody if they have a purpose for him, it doesn't make him have the Holy Spirit inside him.

(believe me while I was typing this, I heard a voices coming from outside my window saying, "why are you working? who gave you permission?" Now, that is not the Holy Spirit but if you don't know the Bible, you will think God is talking with you)

Revelation 13
15 And he had power to give life unto the IMAGE OF THE BEAST, that the image of the beast should both SPEAK, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

1 John 4
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. 6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Galatians 1
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Omooba77: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2018
NPComplete:

If the main evidence u have for the Holy spirit u claim to have is a small still voice then u haven't started. U are just deceiving yourself. The voice that speaks in people's heads is always a still small voice. Same with the voice that tells u to check out the ass of that hot chick. Even the voice that tells lunatics to kill people randomly is always gentle and soft. It is never a hard croaking voice. Stop fooling yourself.

As to the second point about one woman going on a pilgrimage, I fail to see how that helps your case. Any random möron can go anywhere and come back with "spiritual enlightenment" and that's not a sign of anything remotely sensible. There are even people who visit the holy land and come back with a mental illness. It is called Jerusalem Syndrome. Hers is probably a benign variation of it.
What would have been newsworthy is if she came back from there and started raising random dead people in hospitals and healing people with medically verifiable illnesses.

Truth remains Eternal sir
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by KratosCorp: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2018
undecided

The confusion you talk about is rooted in human limitation. And it is magnified when we arrogantly think we can wrap our limited mentality around the incomprehensible plan and moves of God...

Here are few things to note:

1. God has and works with a master plan that no single individual - not even the angels - is completely privy to.

2. As a result of #1, we only know, and can only know the things/plans of God in parts - especially as it relates to our little roles in God's big picture/master plan. (So let him that thinks he knows get humble and understand that he knew nothing as he ought to know. Again we only know in parts).

3. God rarely interferes with the human liberty to make choices - even at the risk of having us distort his plans for us. So, depending on our level of maturity and experience in the things of God, the revelations granted by the Holy Spirit is often colored by human temperament and interpretations. (Remember revelations often differ from the interpretations we give to them).

4. God is not an author of confusion. So, our diversity - regardless of how confusing it may appear in our grossly limited views - may actually be cohesive in the master plan. (So, for me, when I see something that appears authentic but somewhat contradictory to my Christian ideology/experience, I tend to assume that I may be missing some details in the Master plan. Of course this is hard. It's way easier to bicker about, and criticize what we don't understand).

hopefulLandlord:
I’ve heard many Christians claim that God, through the Holy Spirit, provides guidance and wisdom to those who prayerfully study scripture, to an accurate understanding.

If two different people, through prayerful study of scripture, come to two different and conflicting understandings of scripture, then God couldn’t have assisted both of them.

If several different people study scripture and all come to different and conflicting understandings, this is exactly what should be expected if holy spirit was not involved in this scripture study. This is why we have 30,000 different Christian sects each claiming to be guided by the same spirit but see most of the other sects as heretical

All evidence points to holy spirit being an imaginary friend people believe is real but is actually not or can someone give me one testable proof of holy spirit?

3 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by NPComplete: 9:32am On Jun 03, 2018
Omooba77:

Truth remains Eternal sir

Exactly. So stop deceiving yourself.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Omooba77: 9:35am On Jun 03, 2018
NPComplete:

Exactly. So stop deceiving yourself.
Jesus is the Truth; the Spirit of God convict of Sins
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Automatic3444(m): 9:43am On Jun 03, 2018
always and forever
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Ahijobuzuzu(m): 9:54am On Jun 03, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

. Why don't you try Him with a open heart. I didn't believe either until the day I encountered Him.

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 10:04am On Jun 03, 2018
Yet the same holy spirit hasn't impregnated another Mary in our generation? And you expect I believe he's still at work?

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Neroclassic001: 10:07am On Jun 03, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

God reveals himself in different ways to different people. As our faces are different so are our needs, gifts and destiny. He is the Almighty and all knowing God.
I'll advice you to try seeking the Holy Spirit yourself so as to get a first hand proof so you know if he is an imaginary friend or as real as you get.

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

By and large, you still need the holy spirit (70% undiluted) smiley
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by KratosCorp: 10:08am On Jun 03, 2018
Holy Spirit can COMMUNICATE in diverse ways but He primarily chooses to communicate with Christians through the intuition (the still small voice). Of course that channel of communication is also open to other spirit entities - including human to human communications. In other words, the Holy Spirit, a demon as well as a human can also communicate to another human through the intuition without speaking any words audibly.

So, this is why Jesus talks about his sheep knowing his voice, just like the average Nigerian cow knows the voice of his Fulani herder. It's your job to learn how to distinguish the voice of the master from those of the strangers (the masters voice carries a set of peculiar characteristics that can resonate with us in very distinct ways. But this can be also be faked by demons). This is where a working knowledge and understanding of the Bible comes in. And, in some cases, some voices may ALSO need to be confirmed by two or three mature witnesses to authenticate its source and validity.

NPComplete:

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Omooba77: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

1 John 4:1-3 gives insight sir
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by nowpresence(f): 10:24am On Jun 03, 2018
The Holy Spirit is real.

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by KratosCorp: 10:48am On Jun 03, 2018
Go back and read the text you just quoted. But now try to read the FULL text SLOWLY.

CAPSLOCKED:

WHY ARE THERE OVER 3000 CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS, ALL CONTRADICTING ONE ANOTHER?
IS IT THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT ENJOYS SEEING PEOPLE CONFUSED, OR THAT ALL THE DENOMINATIONS ARE WRONG BUT ONE?

John 17:20-21
"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
-Jesus H. Christ. (grand master of failed prayers).

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by SONOFGOD77(m): 11:46am On Jun 03, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

BE careful not to blaspheme the HOLY SPIRIT
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work by Omooba77: 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
There is mighty power in The Spirit

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celebrities @ COZA 17th Anniversary Celebrations In Abuja / Sons & Daughters of Lucifer show yourself / The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.