Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (31784 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / Why I Dumped Farida Sobowale After ‘n100m Wedding’ – Estranged Husband, Odulaja / My 19yr Old Wife Dumped My Daughter And Fled With Her Boyfriend Since On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by LaudableXX: 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
This woman can't be a pastor.

Only a wife who longs to become an olosho will walk out of her marriage just because of mere domestic abuse.

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Jobabori(m): 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2018
Madam Pastor have you ever preached 1 Cor 7: 10?.
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by vicdom(m): 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Only a wife who longs to become an olosho will walk out of her marriage just because of mere domestic abuse.
grin
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by LaudableXX: 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Hmmmmm. This marriage thing again! Didn't she prayed about it before dabbling into it as a senior pastor ? Was she given a wrong revelation? Is she insinuating that we shouldn't trust pre marital revelations anymore? What? What? What? Am just confused with this marriage palava.

You might be interested www.nairaland.com/4519992/neat-samsung-s7-edge-4gb
Go back and read the story. She was NOT a pastor when she married him. She was an innocent, sheltered church girl. What did she know at such a young age?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by LaudableXX: 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
PureMe01:
Every ashawo married woman using domestic violence as an excuse to go chop fresh preek these days
Na God I take beg you, don't repeat this comment outside so that people will not realise you are daft.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Mypeople2(m): 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So she should die there, right?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by LaudableXX: 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2018
Freshbank:
And she couldn't pray about it? Imagine meeting this pastor for counselling about challenges in ur home...

What will be her response? Ur guess is as good as mine..

I wouldn't be judgemental here, but let's review what the holy scripture says, it says and I quote "if a man's way pleases God, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him"... So I think before we do anything we should make our ways right with God... I have not said that I 'm holy, it is a general truth from the scripture I just said..

" Be not wise in thou own eyes, fear the Lord and He shall direct thou parts"
Who told you she did NOT pray about it? Didn't you read about her internal struggles before she finally plucked up courage to leave the abusive man? I know a lady who was a prayer warrior that got kicked down 2 flights of stairs by her abusive husband. She is still paralysed till today, meanwhile the man has divorced her! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Jobabori(m): 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
[quote author=LaudableXX post=68147721]
Go back and read the story. She was NOT a pastor when she married him. She was an innocent, sheltered church girl. What did she know at such a young age?[/quote
But she agreed to be ordained a pastor thou she knew she was having domestic challenges.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
LaudableXX:

Go back and read the story. She was NOT a pastor when she married him. She was an innocent, sheltered church girl. What did she know at such a young age?

U should be the one to read & comprehend the story

but I was despairing and still wanted to make the marriage work as a Senior Church Pastor concerned,
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by aloyin(m): 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

uncle, eva since i knw u on dis site, u neva posted any sensible comments. So u wnt her dead before she worked away frm violent marriage dat is bringing any joy or happiness and there is no trace of it in d next 5 or 10yrs to com and u r expecting her to stil stay there. OGA U R TOO WICKED

1 Like

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Egein(m): 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You, very clearly, are a product of a failed home.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
LaudableXX:

Who told you she did NOT pray about it? Didn't you read about her internal struggles before she finally plucked up courage to leave the abusive man? I know a lady who was a prayer warrior that got kicked down 2 flights of stairs by her abusive husband. She is still paralysed till today, meanwhile the man has divorced her! shocked

Pls try to understand there is a difference between being prayerful & righteous... One can be a prayer warrior and still live in sin... The Bible says "the prayer of a righteous man availeth much" ... Blessed you
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by LaudableXX: 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
Freshbank:
U should be the one to read & comprehend the story

but I was despairing and still wanted to make the marriage work as a Senior Church Pastor concerned,

Can't you see that statement shows the marriage was already in existence before she was a church pastor? Or you did not see where she said:
"I married as a church girl, young, innocent and shielded but entered a home that violence and abuse was the order of the day...."

Did she say she married as a pastor?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by ANNOY(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What you just said is wrong and not acceptable.
If any man beats his wife always. She has the right to leave that marriage.
Men who beats their wives are cowards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by LaudableXX: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
Freshbank:
Pls try to understand there is a difference between being prayerful & righteous... One can be a prayer warrior and still live in sin... The Bible says "the prayer of a righteous man availeth much" ... Blessed you
Oh, they told you the prayer warrior was living in sin, ba? Which crystal ball said this to you? So maybe in your own church, prayer warriors are expected to live in sin, maybe that is why you are talking like this, you judgemental human being?
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by kapelvej: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
I thought Christian marriage can only be divorced due to adultery
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by LaudableXX: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
Jobabori:
But she agreed to be ordained a pastor thou she knew she was having domestic challenges.
So is that now a crime?
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by GistFullGround: 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
Any woman, who calls herself a pastor is an agent of lucifer!

1 Corinthians 14:34-35, Paul wrote: “As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church” (vv. 33-35).
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by yankison(m): 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
Amagite2:
From; Amagitesblog.com

A Nigerian pastor, Michale Matthew has revealed she dumped her marriage after suffering several years of domestic violence.

Read her story as she shared on Facebook below...

"My personal experience with domestic violence and it’s abuse!

To the ladies out there, I have never spoken openly on social media about the abusive marriage that I was in for so many years primarily out of respect for my children but seeing the deaths on both the men and women’s side, am making an exception with the hope of encouraging someone who is in such a space. I pray my writing this will help some one take the decision to leave an abusive and violent marriage. I married as a church girl, young, innocent and shielded but entered a home that violence and abuse was the order of the day. Another days story.... but back to the point.

I know death to be terrible and so final and as such I pray women or sometimes even men have the courage to leave an abusive marriage. It took me over 13 years to gather the courage to finally close that door. I am a Pastor, I thought to myself. I am the last child of a large family. What will people say. She must have been the problem. I grew up a bit sheltered but I felt people will criticize me for not making it work, so I tried harder, served harder, it was met with more scorn and pain. Thank God for my family. Today the rest is history. I am happy, finding balance daily and grateful for friends and family who said it was okay to leave. It is never worth it to take a human life. I was so hurt by the meanness and violence and I was getting cowed so much so I contemplated hurting him if he ever laid hands on me and only grew angrier when he did and I did nothing but I knew I had to leave when I was grievously wounded a couple of times and found myself seeking ways to revenge but I did not want to die, I was given various forms of advice, some good and some absolutely devilish and I had many questions with no clear answers, who will take care of my children as well I would if I got harmed but I was despairing and still wanted to make the marriage work as a Senior Church Pastor concerned, lol! God doesn’t place those burdens on us, we do so with our people pleasing attitude and holier than thou behavior, please know two must make it work. It’s never one person’s responsibility. Thank God for my family again and good friends. Today the rest is history. It is never worth it to take a human life. I was so hurt and angry and to be frank it was so I did not harm him or by extension myself that I eventually left as I felt if he hit me again I could harm him but I did not want him to die or me too and hurting someone particularly when it is premeditated is purely evil. Eventually I gathered the courage and ran. I am so glad I did. If you are in that situation run. It’s never worth a human life. Every life matters.

Fast forward to some years later, I am glad I made this choice, I live with my truth and I pray that God helps him but I am free and getting healed emotionally. The fact that I can dare write this amazes me. I am quite private but I think our silence doesn’t help sometimes as people just need support when they are in such a place so it’s no longer about me but about helping others and in so doing I find my healing and more joy too.

Girl! You deserve better. Don’t allow society or your own fears hold you in bondage and fear. Every one is special. I survived and I thrive and you will.
"

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/06/nigerian-pastor-reveals-why-she-dumped-her-marriage.html

Cc; Lalasticlala

You are only ranting . And you call yourself a pastor
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

May all your Sisters or daughters experience domestic abuse & you can give them this advice

1 Like

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Fynnonsy: 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
You did d best thing ma'am... Marriage is not a do or die affair...

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Jobabori(m): 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
LaudableXX post=681
48394:

So is that now a crime?
It is not a crime but it lead to a consequence worse than that of a crime. Divorce is forbidden among Christians not to talk of a so called Pastor.
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Fynnonsy: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2018
A Big Amen to dat prayer... Sometimes I wonder how NwaAmaikpe thinks...
sadsad:

May all your Sisters or daughters experience domestic abuse & you can give them this advice
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by LaudableXX: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2018
Jobabori:
It is not a crime but it lead to a consequence worse than that of a crime. Divorce is forbidden among Christians not to talk of a so called Pastor.
That is your view. If you have a sister or daughter who is in an abusive relationship, where her husband turns her into a punching bag any time he likes, will you still say the same thing knowing her life is at risk?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by Speakdatruth: 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
make she no go die na
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by drdeola001: 7:13pm On Jun 03, 2018
Well I can see she isn't a pastor.
she is just one of those who ordain themselves as pastors and malign the gospel.
If she can't pray for peace in her marriage what will she counsel her church member in a similar situation.
So who has been attending to her sexual needs since she separated from her husband?
Abi her body na wood?
There are so many ways to resolve marital issues separation isn't scriptural and stop calling yourself a pastor.
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by ensamy(m): 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
Verification of virginity by Pastor before wedding hmmm

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by joe4christ(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
datola:

In as much as divorce is not an option in Christianity I think separation is desirable if the situation is life threatening.

It is better, before people start preaching it is the will of God to die avoidable death.

We need to hear other party's own story first before judging but however it is good she moves out before asking for husband's story.

Do you know she cannot remarry if she is merely seperated and not divorced from he abusive husband
So, are u saying being separated from her husband she shouldn't remarry as you're against the idea of a divorce. So, she should deprive herself of the joy and happiness she would derive from a loving and caring partner. Are u suggesting she remain single and lonely for life?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by engrelvis(m): 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
Kulas:
No matter how this so called woman pastor twist this story, the bottom line is that any pastor that can not hold his or her marriage and make it work irrespective of the storm is not worthy to be called Pastor. What are you teaching to the public. Abeg park well, make we hear word. Pastor this, pastor that.
gbam!u just nailed it.if d ex husband state his own side of story u will b surprise .
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by lilyheaven: 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2018
Archangel15:

#Teamsingle

My mama is already disturbing me, at 25 years shocked
Please don't be scared, there own no work no means say your own will not work.
Grace no be the same.
Re: Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" by joe4christ(m): 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2018
Freshbank:
And she couldn't pray about it? Imagine meeting this pastor for counselling about challenges in ur home...

What will be her response? Ur guess is as good as mine..

I wouldn't be judgemental here, but let's review what the holy scripture says, it says and I quote "if a man's way pleases God, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him"... So I think before we do anything we should make our ways right with God... I have not said that I 'm holy, it is a general truth from the scripture I just said..

" Be not wise in thou own eyes, fear the Lord and He shall direct thou parts"

I hope if your sister or daughter becomes victim of an abusive relationship such as this, you will unequivocally give her this same advice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenyan Bishop Wangivi Snatches Man's Wife After Presiding Over Their Wedding / Signs Of An Irresponsible Man / 24 Things A Mum Teaches Her Daughter Before Marriage!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.