Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,314 members, 7,829,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

7 Things To Learn From David And Goliath Story - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 7 Things To Learn From David And Goliath Story (357 Views)

7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming / 7 Things To Know Before Growing Your Cassava / 7 Things You Need To Know About NIRSAL’s Groundbreaking Transportation System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Things To Learn From David And Goliath Story by Adieza(m): 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
David and Goliath. Sunday Lecture.
Every Christian know this story. But only few have studied and research it to get the meaning out of it as the bible instructed Christian to do. But only shout Hallelujah and God of thunder and fire.

"For as many things as have been written before have been written for our instruction, that through endurance and through encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope." Romans 15:4.

They say, I am the heathen, but I have done my homework on all Bible stories. But don't call me a Pastor, I actually have disdain for the way that title is used by Africans. I won't bore you with the story of David and Goliath because everybody knows it. If you don't, then you are not a Christian and you can read it at 1 Samuel 17.

When reading such story you must understand that it was written for people to get some understanding out of it. No Matter your believes, note that these Bible Stories were written in FORM of stories to teach the Jewish people valuable lessons.

To understand the bible well or any other book for that matter. Ask yourself "The Why" question many times:

Why was this story written?
The story is about courage, acting without fear and trust in one's ability to perform accurately under pressure after years of practice."

As you read the story, keep asking yourself why, why and why. Let's do it.

Why did Goliath said " Am I a dog that you would come to me with sticks" David didn't have sticks with him. He had a Slinger with him. Everybody then knew what a Slinger was. It might be because Goliath didn't see properly. He was clumsy and moved slowly and he was very huge so he had to be led to the battle ground and someone carried his shield. Hmm.

Why did David suddenly think he could kill Goliath with a Slinger? Was he mad? People said, He trusted the lord. That's why? That was not the reason.

David was a professional SLINGER. It is an incredibly devastating weapon. Everybody in those days knew how deadly that weapon was. It wasn't a toy from Disney. David used to kill Lions with it before.

When David turned the sling around, he is turning it around at about 6-7 revolution per second. When the stone is released at a speed of 35 meters per second. That is fast. When the stone hit the target. It's stopping power is that of a 45mm handgun. See picture. It will put a big hole in anybody's head. no matter how strong the head is.

Slingers like David were very accurate. They could hit and kill large object at about 80 m away. They were so accurate that they could hit a bird in flight They were incredibly accurate. David was much closer to Goliath than 80 m. So Goliath was a sitting duck.

Goliath wanted to fight David combat style, man to man. That was his territory. He couldn't move fast and was slow. David was much agile and was a master Slinger. Goliath was no match for David in an unconventional battle using Slingers.

Why did Goliath got so big? Using the "First Principles Thinking" The fundamental truth is animal of any type have specific size. That is basic biology. Goliath was not the normal size of homo sapiens sapiens (Humans). But are their people today who are that big. Yes, there are? So why are they that big and what can we learn from them?

They have a disease called Acromegaly.

Acromegaly, "is a hormonal disorder that develops when your pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone during adulthood. When this happens, your bones increase in size, including those of your hands, feet and face. Acromegaly usually affects middle-aged adults." A famous wrestler called Andre The Giant and The Great Khali had it.

This is the reason Goliath had to be led to the battle ground. This was why someone else had to carry his shield and had a poor vision because this disease affect your eyesight quickly. Although Goliath was strong he was no match for David who was much agile.

What is the lesson here?
1) Sometimes, Giants are not as powerful as they seem.

2) There are ways to defeat Giants. This is what we can learn from the story of David and Goliath.

3) Our weaknesses could become our strengths. David was perceived weak because he was a young man with only a Slinger. Nobody brings a Slinger to a battlefield but David did. Why? Because that was his weapon of choice. He was an expert slinger. What is your weapon of choice in your life's battles?

4) David practice his skills daily and was ready for action when it was needed. This is what the Jews still do. Practice their crafts daily. African Christians should start doing this. You think Davido just stand up and pick up the Mic and sing?

5) Make use of what you already have. Don't wait till you have everything before taking action. Thinking won't do it, but action will.

6) You must believe in yourself. Most people believe in God but not in themselves. But the bible say you are God's. So, if you don't believe in you who is going to believe in you?

7) Don’t underestimate your capabilities. You need to find out an unconventional method to fight any battle you are up against. Whether it is Buhari or anybody out there. The unconventional wins 66% of the time.

Research has shown that in every battle after that of David and Goliath the small guy, the underdog always win 66% of the time. The famous win was that of the Vietnamese against the giant US army. Why? The Vietcong fought the Americans in an unconventional way.

In is not only in battles. In is the same in business, the small company will beat the Big guys 66% of the time. Facebook was small compare to Myspace. Google was small compared to Yahoo and Microsoft was David compare to IBM. All this time David won. It happens in politics too 66% of the time.

The Author and Researcher Malcolm Gladwell has done extensive research on this subject. You might want to read his book "David and Goliath". He is one of my favorite writers. I don't think he goes to church though.

All this you can learn from just one story in the bible. I bet millions of people going to church today in Nigeria will not learn this much. That is why Africa remains backward and they think what is happening in Israel is a miracle. .

You see, you don't have to be a pastor to understand the bible. (Not that the pastors do) It requires dedication, work and patience. 7 ThiAnd God don't speak to me either. I know I would get more readers and make lots of money if I claim God revealed this to me last night. But that won't be true and my wife would be the first to argue it.

Have a nice sunday.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=382480195591428&id=158338594672257

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Cocoa And Plantain Hybrids Seedlings In Edo State / Well Vaccinated And Healthy Day Old Pullet,call 07084319159. / Soya Beans Supplier Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.