Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Daughter Refuses To Take Medications - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Daughter Refuses To Take Medications (931 Views)

Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / Woman's Wedding Ring Refuses To Be Removed, Finger Set To Be Cut - Facebook User / Mother Refuses To Break Car Window To Save Her Trapped Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by pyr8te: 9:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
Hello All,

I have a 3 yr old daughter who refuses to take medications. It doesn't matter if it's sweet, she just clenches her teeth n the mum is getting really exasperated. We've tried all sorts but nothing seems to be working. Any tips or ideas will be appreciated

Thank you
Re: Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by uboma(m): 10:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
lol

children will always be children.

back in the days, I remembered my mom used to wrap tablets in eba and give to me when eating.

Have you tried this?

1 Like

Re: Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by pyr8te: 5:36am On Jun 04, 2018
It's syrups and stuff..I'm not sure she's old enough for tablets.. cry
Re: Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by midastouch040(f): 8:28am On Jun 04, 2018
I don't know if it's ok to mix it with probably orange juice or her favorite drink and give her.
Water may be the best.
The idea is for her not to recognize it's medicine she is being given. wink
Thats kids for you.
Re: Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 04, 2018
You play with her too much grin threaten her with injections, or let one harsh relative give the drugs

2 Likes

Re: Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by GuntersChain(m): 10:13am On Jun 04, 2018
close her nose, when she open her mouth pour the drug.

1 Like

Re: Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by diportivo: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2018
her experience with the bitter set of medicine she has taken in the past is why she's acting how she is now

mix such with drinks (not water o) for now

GuntersChain:

and den succeed in choking the poor girl in the process

Re: Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by uboma(m): 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
GuntersChain:

Haba bros.

You harsh O!
Re: Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by pyr8te: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
diportivo:
her experience with the bitter set of medicine she has taken in the past is why she's acting how she is now

mix such with drinks (not water o) for now

Ok..thank you all. I told the mum that was probably the reason. We had been apart until recently..we will try all the advise except closing her nose of course cheesy

and den succeed in choking the poor girl in the process
Re: Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by 1Sharon(f): 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
pyr8te:
It's syrups and stuff..I'm not sure she's old enough for tablets.. cry

Crush the pills.
Re: Daughter Refuses To Take Medications by raumdeuter: 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
pyr8te:
Hello All,

I have a 3 yr old daughter who refuses to take medications. It doesn't matter if it's sweet, she just clenches her teeth n the mum is getting really exasperated. We've tried all sorts but nothing seems to be working. Any tips or ideas will be appreciated

Thank you

Use a syringe. when she clench her teeth target the corner of her mouth and squeeze the medication in, then hold her in position for a few minute until she has to swallow and inevitably swallows the medication

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help My Little Baby Keep Holding Saliva In Her Mouth / We are been intimidated by a CEO / Help I'm In A Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.