Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 (26079 Views)

14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages / Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by JosWatchDog(m): 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
Two conjoined sisters, who became famous when they began their studies at a Tanzanian university last September, have died at the age of 21 following a long illness, the president of the east African nation announced on Sunday.

Maria and Consolata Mwakikuti, who were joined at the abdomen, become minor celebrities in Tanzania where the media had closely followed their path through high school.

Their admission to the Ruaha Catholic University in Iringa in September 2017 had marked a first in a country where disabled people are often marginalised or abandoned at birth.

They had begun a course in education with a view to becoming teachers in history, English and Swahili, when they became ill in January, notably suffering from cardiac problems.

“I am saddened by the death of twins, Maria and Consolata. When I last visited them at the hospital they prayed for the nation. My condolences to their family… Rest in peace my children,” President John Magufuli tweeted.

After an apparent improvement in their health, the sisters continued their treatment at a hospital near their university, where they died on Saturday.

The twins were abandoned by their mother after the death of their father, and later taken in by a Catholic mission.

In an emotional statement on state television last July, Maria urged parents not to “hide or lock up their handicapped children”.

“They must know they as human beings, handicapped or not, are equal and have the same rights,” she said.

At the time, the sisters, who enjoyed knitting and cooking together, thanked the teachers who helped them through high school, as well as the government who provided a vehicle to take them from their home to school each day.

“We didn’t expect this day to come, it is by the grace of God that we are here today,” said Consolata, the chattier of the two, on their admission to university.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com.ng/2018/06/tanzanias-conjoined-twins-handicapped.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
They won.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 04, 2018
That's how one Blind guy in my class back in University was so brilliant.
He copied notes and write his exam with the aide of his Laptop.

During exam our useless colleagues will rush to go and sit behind him so that they can copy him because he's so brilliant cry
The day our lecturers find out, they rain curse on those useless good for nothing youths with two working eyes copying the work of a Blind nigga.
The blind guy later went to study law... And graduated with 2.1

So many great handicap people in Nigeria!

But I think they are great because they are handicapped.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by Wizdude(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2018
embarassed
They were victorious!

RIP Angels cry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by enyolar: 9:47am On Jun 04, 2018
Rip to them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by LastSurvivor11: 9:48am On Jun 04, 2018
Sad death..
They must have suffered alot..

I pray such fate wunt befall any of us in Jesus name amen..

RIP my African sisters..
U guys did ur best..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by Flamezzz: 9:50am On Jun 04, 2018
R.I.P beautiful ones; may your soul find peace for the other side.
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by midehi2(f): 9:50am On Jun 04, 2018
Eeyaa
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by muhammed50(m): 9:50am On Jun 04, 2018
Die together!
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by spartan50(m): 9:51am On Jun 04, 2018
Pathetic
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by saydfact(m): 9:51am On Jun 04, 2018
RIP Dear
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by Jozzy1063: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2018
RIP
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by okomile(f): 9:52am On Jun 04, 2018
Rest in peace.

They lived in a better country

3 Likes

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by Benefizz: 9:52am On Jun 04, 2018
Victory at last... Rest on
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by brainworkng: 9:52am On Jun 04, 2018
R.I.P. to them...
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by jerflakes(m): 9:54am On Jun 04, 2018
Wizdude:
embarassed
They were victorious!

RIP Angels cry

kaorama:
They won.

Won what??

Victorious in what??

The niggaz are dead, simple

2 Likes

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by obembet(f): 9:54am On Jun 04, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
Sad death..
They must have suffered alot..

I pray such fate wunt befall any of us in Jesus name amen..

RIP my African sisters..
U guys did ur bests..

It's well my brother with only reasonable comment

1 Like

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by sacajawea: 9:55am On Jun 04, 2018
Stupid hypocritical idiots typing RIP check their previ
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by satowind(m): 9:58am On Jun 04, 2018
So sad. But their fight is over
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by ayokenny37(m): 10:01am On Jun 04, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
Sad death..

U guys did ur bests..

You Say?

3 Likes

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by nymphomaniac(m): 10:02am On Jun 04, 2018
They have finished their race.
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by Randy100: 10:02am On Jun 04, 2018
Why should they both die at the same time?
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by LastSurvivor11: 10:06am On Jun 04, 2018
ayokenny37:

You Say?

English founder

5 Likes

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by Mouthgag: 10:17am On Jun 04, 2018
My only interest is

WHO DIED FIRST?

I KNOW IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR (HERS) TO DIE THE SAME TIME
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by Abbeyme: 10:24am On Jun 04, 2018
abiodunalasa:

During exam our useless colleagues will rush to go and sit behind him so that they can copy him because he's so brilliant cry
The day our lecturers find out, they rain curse on those useless good for nothing youths with two working eyes copying the work of a Blind nigga.

But don't try to be handicap o.

You'll feel so vulnerable.
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by nella82: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2018
shocked
Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by xakjustice(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2018
My heart bleeding right now

I love u guys

Rest on Maria and Consolata

1 Like

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by JastSiryin(m): 10:35am On Jun 04, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Lmao! Nigerian students no get shame sha

2 Likes

Re: Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 by Ganiyat72(f): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2018
RIP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama Honours Adepeju Jaiyeoba (A Nigerian) For Mothers' Delivery Kit / Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn / COVID-19: Boss Mustapha Reverses Self, Says He's Aware Of Poor Healthcare System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.