Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. (2697 Views)

A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches / Arsene Wenger Offers To Train Nigerian Coaches / Wenger Agrees To Educate Nigerian Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by AndreUweh(m): 11:18am On May 30, 2010
My greatest 10 Nigerian coaches are:
Amodu Shaibu-Twice qualified Nigeria for the mundial. Won bronze medals for Nigeria x2 at ACN. He won Nigeria F.A cups with BCC Lions of Gboko and Elkanemi.
2. Festus Onigbinde--Won league and FA cups with IICC Shooting stars. Led Nigeria to ANC finals in 1984 hosted by Ivory Coast. He achieved this feat with mostly school leavers and boys fresh boys from 1983 flying eagles.
3.Willy Bazuaye-- Won WAFU cups with NNB of Benin. Won the FA league in 1985. League runners up with Nationale the following year. He initially assembled the Dream team 1 that won Gold medal in 1996 at Atalanta, USA.
4. Sebastian Brodericks. Stunned the world in 1985 when he won the maiden edition of FIFA under 17 youth Championship.
5. Khadiri Ikhana. Won African Champions league with Enyimba. The first time a Nigeria clubside did so.
6. Won the African Champions league back to back with Enyimba. Also won league and Fa cup with Enyimba fc of Aba.
7. Sampson Siasia. Led flying eagles to second position at FIFA U20 Youth Championship in Holland 1n 2005. Won silver medal with under 23 Eagles at the Olympic games in Greece 2008.
8. Jossy Lad. Won the CAF cup with 3sc, the first Nigeria team to do so. He also wan league and FA cup with3sc.
9. Fanni Amun--Won for the second time for Nigeria, U17 FIFA Youth Championship in Japan 1993.
10. Christian Chukwu-Won Bronze medal for Nigeria at the Nations cup in Tunisia 2004. Won league and FA cup with Rangers in the 80's.
Opinions please.
Re: Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by AndreUweh(m): 11:19am On May 30, 2010
There some other coaches that I find it difficult to include in my Super ten e.g Tunde Disu.
Re: Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:10pm On May 30, 2010
1. Amodu Shaibu - delivered 2 world cup tickets, won 2 bronzes at AFCON, won league, FA cup & a continental trophy with BCC lions I think
2. Samson Siasia - won African U-20 competition, silver with Flying Eagles and Olympic team.
3. Khadiri Ikhana - won domestic league title and Champions league with Enyimba.
4. Okey Emordi - also won league title, FA cup and CAF Champions league with Enyimba
5. Yemi Tella - U-17 triumph.
6. Fanny Amun - Japan '93 U-17 Gold medal triumph.
7. John Obuh - Silver Medal with U-17 and won Egypt's U-20 invitational competition by beating Egypt in the Final (2-0). . .no mean feat.
8. Sebastian Brodericks -  1985 Kodak U-17 triumph.

The rest particularly that Modakeke village teacher are not worth rating IMO.
Re: Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by 12large: 12:17pm On May 30, 2010
lai lai there is no way amodu is better than siasia. if siasia was hired immediately after olympics, nigeria would have qualified for world cup with one game to spare. if amodu likes let him qualify us for 30 world cups he is still not as good as siasia
Re: Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by hollandis(f): 1:47pm On May 30, 2010
Amodu is a great coach but he has allowed nepotism,greed and corruption to becloud is sense of reasoning
Re: Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by honeric01(m): 11:23pm On May 30, 2010
Where una put Late Yemi Tella? undecided
Re: Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by dominique(f): 11:16am On May 31, 2010
i expected to see clemens westerhoff somewhere in the list. or leading the eagles to 1994 nations cup gold and the most impressive world cup outing to date doesn't cut it? undecided
Re: Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by honeric01(m): 11:25am On May 31, 2010
dominique:

i expected to see clemens westerhoff somewhere in the list. or leading the eagles to 1994 nations cup gold and the most impressive world cup outing to date doesn't cut it? undecided

maybe he's a foreigner and not a Nigerian coach? undecided
Re: Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by dominique(f): 4:45pm On May 31, 2010
oh, thanks for the clarification .
Re: Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by dani1luv: 6:03pm On May 31, 2010
I can t see Late yemi Tella on that list undecided
Re: Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. by honeric01(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2010
@daniluv, name your own top 10.

(1) (Reply)

[PHOTOS] Meet The Wives & Kids Of Your Favourite Nigerian Footballers / Pool Fixed Ultimate Key / El Clasico: Real Madrid C.F vs FC Barcelona. Today kick off Time 6.15pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.