Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. (5950 Views)

On Evolution / Creationists Explain These Facts About Ensatina / Do Creationists Publish In Notable Refereed Journals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 04, 2018
I'm an evolutionist and I want to have a matured debate with creationists and also to educate them on the scientific explanation of evolution...

I need open-minded people who are matured and won't relegate to personal denigration during the debate. Ask you questions and I will provide answers to my best of understanding.

Please before asking any question, note that when an evolutionist says that human race evolved from apes, it doesn't mean that a chimpanzee in the bush turned to a human overnight, this is a vital area where creationists need lot of enlightenment, I believe we will go through this in the course of our discussion...

Seun and lalasticlala can do well to make this thread visible to lot of members

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Butterflyleo: 9:00am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I'm an evolutionist and I want to have a matured debate with creationists and also to educate them on the scientific explanation of evolution...

I need open-minded people who are matured and won't relegate to personal denigration during the debate. Ask you questions and I will provide answers to my best of understanding.

Please before asking any question, note that when an evolutionist says that human race evolved from apes, it doesn't mean that a chimpanzee in the bush turned to a human overnight, this is a vital area where creationists need lot of enlightenment, I believe we will go through this in the course of our discussion...

Seun and lalasticlala can do well to make this thread visible to lot of members

Nairaland is already overloaded with threads of this kind. There is nothing new about yours.

Rule number 14

14. Please search the forum before creating a new thread on Nairaland
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by johnydon22(m): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2018
Let me book my space..this will be interesting
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 04, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Nairaland is already overloaded with threads of this kind. There is nothing new about yours.

Rule number 14

14. Please search the forum before creating a new thread on Nairaland
you don't believe in updated ideas? I mean, I could have some ideas I would like to share, having multiple threads like this can never be too much as it's concerns educating people.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Butterflyleo: 9:10am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
you don't believe in updated ideas? I mean, I could have some ideas I would like to share, having multiple threads like this can never be too much as it's concerns educating people.

If you have updated "ideas" have they been proven or they remain as "ideas"?

If they are yet to be proven and are simply ideas then do not place them under " educating" anyone.

So what are your new "ideas"?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 04, 2018
Butterflyleo:

If you have updated "ideas" have they been proven or they remain as "ideas"?

If they are yet to be proven and are simply ideas then do not place them under " educating" anyone.

So what are your new "ideas"?
I really want to be focused on what the thread is intended to achieve, if you have any question as regard evolution and creationism please kindly ask

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Butterflyleo: 9:15am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I really want to be focused on what thread is intended to achieve, if you have any question as regard evolution and creationism please kindly ask

I am being focused on what the thread is intended. So what are your updated ideas for evolution?

I asked a question in line with your OP.

I said if what you have are updated "ideas" have they been proven or they remain just "ideas" ?

So what are these updated "ideas"?

Is that not in line with the focus of this thread? Am I talking outside evolution?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 04, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I am being focused on what the thread is intended. So what are your updated ideas for evolution?

I asked a question in line with your OP.

I said if what you have are updated "ideas" have they been proven or they remain just "ideas" ?

Is that not in line with the focus of this thread? Am I talking outside evolution?
I don't really have much time for shenanigans sir, have a nice day and allow those with questions ask if you can't be specific with yours....

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Butterflyleo: 9:23am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I don't really have much time for shenanigans sir, have a nice day and allow those with questions ask if you can't be specific with yours....

What can be more specific than my question?

I said, if what you have are updated "ideas" have they been proven or they remain just "ideas" ?

How is that not specific? Everything about evolution is already known to me but you said you have updated ideas about it so I am only interested in your updated ideas which is why my question is specific to that.

Answer it or do you censor questions on evolution despite saying you want to " educate people"?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 04, 2018
Folks, kindly drop your questions, I will really appreciate matured minds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Butterflyleo: 9:31am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:

You cannot answer my question can you? grin

Mr "matured mind". cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by HappyPagan: 9:32am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I really want to be focused on what the thread is intended to achieve, if you have any question as regard evolution and creationism please kindly ask
You might be new here. Butterflyleo is a well-known troll around here. Exchange of insults, not ideas, is his forte. You should ignore him. His presence is synonymous with dead threads. wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by HappyPagan: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
Before we begin, could you give a brief overview of what evolution is?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 04, 2018
HappyPagan:

You might be new here. Butterflyleo is a well-known troll around here. Exchange of insults, not ideas, is his forte. You should ignore him. His presence is synonymous with dead threads. wink
I have done that already, I already noticed his kinda person after going through his profile, thanks for the alert sir. smiley

By the way sir, what's your take on evolution/creationism?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Butterflyleo: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2018
HappyPagan:

Mr butthurt allow the matured guy to answer my rather direct questions. If he cannot offer answers to my very simple questions then whose question can he then answer?

The usual text book copy and paste responses are available to everyone to know about evolution. So I am only interested in his new updated ideas.

Whatever I want to know about evolution I already know and can easily use google to source whatever else I may lack but google wouldn't reveal his new updated ideas to me so I would want him to share that specific updated information.

Surely even you should be interested in his news flash. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by johnydon22(m): 9:41am On Jun 04, 2018
OP here is my question.

What are the major triggers for mutations that leads to evolutionary steps?
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2018
HappyPagan:

Before we begin, could you give a brief overview of what evolution is?
Evolution is simply a change in heritable genetic information over a successive period of time. This change in heritable genetic codes can be influenced by the environment, chemicals, radiations etc

In one sentence, it's actually the ability of living organisms to genetically modify themselves in other to adapt to a constantly changing environmental condition.

Over a long period o time, this can give rise to new species of organisms which are physical and genetically dsiticnt from their ancestors and can be able to survive in the environment they found themselves

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Butterflyleo: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I have done that already, I already noticed his kinda person after going through his profile, thanks for the alert sir. smiley

By the way sir, what's your take on evolution/creationism?

What do you mean by "my kind of person"?

Did I mention your " kind" of person despite also going through your profile?

Did that stop me from asking you direct questions I felt I specifically needed answers to and not the area you want to force everyone to ask from.

That area is already known to me but your new updated ideas are my interest.

Despite already knowing you are an atheist I still asked you direct questions of interest to me and you the bigot is now dodging my question in the name of " my kinda person".

What else is there? I am a theist and you are an atheist and you wish to entertain questions and offer answers about evolution AND CREATIONISM despite being an atheist.

Ogbeni your bubble has been busted. Suck it up. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2018
johnydon22:
OP here is my question.

What are the major triggers for mutations that leads to evolutionary steps?
Good questions, first of all, let's not forget that at every point of DNA replication, there's always a certain degree of mutation because replication is not 100% perfect. This slight mutation will not be noticed over few generations, it will only be noticed over successive incidence of mutations like say in hundreds to thousands of generation. Take for example, you buy a new shirt, the new shirt begins to fade from the first day you start exposing it to the sun and washing it but the fading becomes visible after several exposure to sunlight and washing.

Another trigger for evolution is the act of natural selection where the well adapted genes survive and the others go into extinct. Another example is from the polar bear and the grizzly, after successive mutation during DNA replication, the first polar bear came forth with white fur. The white fur gave it a superior advantage to be able to hunt seals because seals will easily detect the brown furs of grizzly bears on snow and that of the polar bear blended perfectly with the surroundings. These made the population of polar bears in the north poles progress and that of the grizzly bears that couldn't hunt seals on ice to reduced in the north pole.

Now imagine if the whole earth surface were covered in ice, grizzly bears would definitely be extincted

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Maamin(m): 10:08am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
Evolution is simply a change in heritable genetic information over a successive period of time. This change in heritable genetic codes can be influenced by the environment, chemicals, radiations etc

In one sentence, it's actually the ability of living organisms to genetically modify themselves in other to adapt to a constantly changing environmental condition.

Over a long period o time, this can give rise to new species of organisms which are physical and genetically dsiticnt from their ancestors and can be able to survive in the environment they found themselves

Does that mean if a human being live under water for a long period of time, that human will develop fins and gills like the fishes? cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by spartan117(m): 10:09am On Jun 04, 2018
If I may ask, what are the new ideas you wish to share? because you haven't told us anything we do not already know. And of course we know that it takes millions of years for evolution to take place, it doesn't happen overnight, Charles darwin made that clear. So tell us something new.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by johnydon22(m): 10:20am On Jun 04, 2018
spartan117:
If I may ask, what are the new ideas you wish to share? because you haven't told us anything we do not already know. And of course we know that it takes millions of years for evolution to take place, it doesn't happen overnight, Charles darwin made that clear. So tell us something new.

Ask a specific question and get an answer. It really is too simple to miss

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by johnydon22(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2018
Maamin:

Does that mean if a human being live under water for a long period of time, that human will develop fins and gills like the fishes? cheesy

Nope. It means given the right societal conditions, stupid_d people will eventually become extinct. That is, if they don't do something stupid to kill themselves before that though.

Maybe try staying under a swimming pool for 30minutes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2018
Maamin:

lol, no Sir...

First if all, humans don't have the basic apparatus to survive in water for more than an average of 1mins and evolution doesn't occur in 1mins.

The link between animals that inhabit water and land can be found around the emergence of amphibians on the evolutionary tree. These animals were the first to start breathing air, even as at now, we have amphibian who can breath air and water.

Now, the idea is that, evolution doesn't occur just in few years, it takes several thousands of years for a noticeable evolution and the idea is that: if a specie cannot adapt to a change in environment, it will die and go into extinct. If the earth suddenly becomes flooded humans wont survice but if the flooding occurs gradually over thousands of years, this might give human beings a chance to adapt and start breathing water thereby evolving

No specie of organism can adapt to a sudden change in environmental condition, the slower the change occur, the higher the chances of evolving and adapting to it

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Butterflyleo: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2018
spartan117:

I asked the same question and was told that my question was not "specific" grin

Even after the OP himself said he has UPDATED IDEAS nobody should direct any questions at his updated ideas which would be seen as indirect cheesy

Like a bird, logic just flew out the window . lmao

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by johnydon22(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
Good questions, first of all, let's not forget that at every point of DNA replication, there's always a certain degree of mutation because replication is not 100% perfect. This slight mutation will not be noticed over few generations, it will only be noticed over successive incidence of mutations like say in hundreds to thousands of generation. Take for example, you buy a new shirt, the new shirt begins to fade from the first day you start exposing it to the sun and washing it but the fading becomes visible after several exposure to sunlight and washing.

Another trigger for evolution is the act of natural selection where the well adapted genes survive and the others go into extinct. Another example is from the polar bear and the grizzly, after successive mutation during DNA replication, the first polar bear came forth with white fur. The white fur gave it a superior advantage to be able to hunt seals because seals will easily detect the brown furs of grizzly bears on snow and that of the polar bear blended perfectly with the surroundings. These made the population of polar bears in the north poles progress and that of the grizzly bears that couldn't hunt seals on ice to reduced in the north pole.

Now imagine if the whole earth surface were covered in ice, grizzly bears would definitely be extincted

Natural selection that is.

Great answer sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by HappyPagan: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:

Over a long period of time, this can give rise to new species of organisms which are physical and genetically dsiticnt from their ancestors and can be able to survive in the environment they found themselves

This sounds cool. This closely mirrors a term we use in computer science called a tree structure. The tree structure is a diagram, a kind of inverted tree where the root is at the top, and then spreads downwards into branches.
The root is a general class from which other subclasses are produced. The subclasses bare similar properties with their parent class (like a child and parent relationship), and the child can also have new attributes, or modify attributes inherited from its parents.

These triggers/changes seem to be in response to external stimuli. Forgive me if I sound ignorant, would you say our eyes, for example, were formed/developed as a reaction to light?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by spartan117(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2018
johnydon22:

Ask a specific question and get an answer. It really is too simple to miss
I've done my research about evolution theory, if I need to clarify anything Google is my friend. So what are you guys offering that I don't already know?

The op said that creationists think evolution takes place overnight and he based this entire thread in line with that discussion. But he is wrong common ss2 biology taught us about evolution theory, and Charles darwin made it very clear that evolution takes millions of years.

So you guys should tell the house something we don't already know since you wish to 'educate' us

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Butterflyleo: 10:29am On Jun 04, 2018
spartan117:

I've done my research about evolution theory, if I need to clarify anything Google is my friend. So what are you guys offering that I don't already know?

The op said that creationists think evolution takes place overnight and he based this entire thread in line with that discussion. But he is wrong common ss2 biology taught us about evolution theory, and Charles darwin made it very clear that evolution takes millions of years.

So you guys should tell the house something we don't already know since you wish to 'educate' us

My mind well spoken smiley

Or Nwabeyeki would you also deny him an answer due to "his kinda person"? grin

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by johnydon22(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2018
spartan117:

I think this simplifies it. You already know about evolution, you don't have a question.

Meaning: Thread not for you.

Scroll and move on.

It is still very simple to miss

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Butterflyleo: 10:38am On Jun 04, 2018
johnydon22:

I think this simplifies it. You already know about evolution, you don't have a question.

Meaning: Thread not for you.

Scroll and move on.

It is still very simple to miss

The thread is for him and me and every curious mind based on nwabekeyi who happens to be the OPs words and I quote

You don't believe in updated ideas? I mean, I could have some ideas I would like to share, having multiple threads like this can never be too much as it's concerns educating people.

My interest and that of spartan117 are on the words in bold. If he indeed has them then he should share them and stop regurgitating what is already common news about evolution known already to even you.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 04, 2018
HappyPagan:

This sounds cool. This closely mirrors a term we use in computer science called a tree structure. At a top is a general class from which other subclasses are produced. The subclasses bare similar properties with their parent class (like a child and parent relationship), and the child can also have new attributes, or modify attributes inherited from its parents.

These triggers/changes seem to be in response to external stimuli. Forgive me if I sound ignorant, would you say our eyes, for example, were formed/developed as a reaction to light?
yes, absolutely yes, our eyes were formed based on the need to detect light and it didn't just Begin with multicellular organisms?

The need to detect light start with bacteria who needed to move away from light rays because it damaged their DNA. Over time, the bacteria developed photo sensors as the intensity of light that got them increased (external stimuli), over tjme these photo sensors developed into the eyespots in euglena, evolution occurred and animals moved from water to land, the light intensity they received increased and hence this also ensured equal visual development.

This is strictly based on external stimuli and the ability to survive the stimuli, for example an eagle needs a more complex eyes because it recieves stimuli from higher altitudes, an eagles eyes will be less effective if they have same altitude as human beings even as complex as they are. Evolution is trying to fit perfectly into your environment

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? / Creationists And Intelligent Design People, How Do You Explain Disease? / What Is Expected Of A Minister's (pastor) Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.