Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Yaya Toure Accuses ‘cruel’ Guardiola Of Hating African Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Accuses ‘cruel’ Guardiola Of Hating African Players (418 Views)

“Talk Is Cheap” – Oshoala Backs Super Eagles To Disappoint Yaya Toure, On AFCON / Yaya Toure Has Retired From Football - Agent / Yaya Toure Leaves Olympiacos After Three Months! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yaya Toure Accuses ‘cruel’ Guardiola Of Hating African Players by themomentng: 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
Yaya Toure has incredibly hit out at Pep Guardiola, suggesting the Manchester City manager has a problem with African players in an explosive interview with France Football.

The former Manchester City midfielder, 35, has claimed he and former Barcelona players have noticed his “treatment” of African players.

Toure also claimed he was treated differently by Guardiola… and will buy him a cake if he ever picks a team with five African players in it.

Incredibly, the Ivorian also hit out at his former manager for the manner of his departure from Manchester City, saying he “stole” his farewell from the Premier League champions.

Toure told France Football: “It feels like he was jealous of me, he saw me as a rival… as if I was taking the limelight away from him.

“He was cruel with me. Do you really think he could’ve been like that with Iniesta?

“It got to the point I asked myself if it was because of my colour.

“I’m not the first, other Barca players asked the question too. Maybe us Africans aren’t always treated the same by certain people.

“When you see the problems he [Pep] has often had with African players, everywhere he has been, I ask myself questions.

“He’s too intelligent to be caught. He’ll never admit it [not liking Africans].

“But the day he picks a team with five Africans in, I promise I will send him a cake!”

“Beyond that, Pep likes to dominate and wants to have obedient players who kiss his hands.

“I don’t like that kind of relationship. I respect my coach but I’m not his thing.

“He stole my farewell with City, a club with beautiful fans.

“I would have liked to leave with emotion of this club the way Iniesta [left Barca] or Gianluigi Buffon [left Juventus]. But Pep prevented me.”

Toure’s spent two spells working under Guardiola, first at Barcelona before being sold to Manchester City and then again at the Etihad after the Spaniard followed him last year.

Toure became something of a bit-part player under Guardiola last season, making just one start in the Premier League and nine appearances off the bench.

He also missed the EFL Cup final, despite having played in four of the previous rounds.

Toure’s contract expired at the end of the season with no offer from the club to stay.

Manchester City paid tribute to Toure by renaming a training facility in his honour. A tiled mural of the midfield celebrating his winning goal in the 2011 FA Cup final was also created.

Manchester City have been contacted for comment.

Re: Yaya Toure Accuses ‘cruel’ Guardiola Of Hating African Players by oluplus(m): 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
not true

(1) (Reply)

“nigeria Will Shock The World In Russia” – Kanu Nwankwo / From The Most Expensive To The Most Criticised Player In The World – Pogba / Rohr Blames Nigeria's Defensive Naivety For Croatia Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.