Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily (4363 Views)

Nigeria Must Address Malnutrition, 2,400 Children Die Daily – UNICEF / UNICEF Predicts Over 900 Children May Die Daily In Nigeria / At Least 30 Pregnant Women Die Daily In Zamfara – NMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by actiondrilling: 5:40am On Jun 05, 2018
The Coordinator, National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme, Dr. Adebola Lawanson, yesterday disclosed in Abuja that 420 Nigerians die everyday due to tuberculosis.

She said N14.4 billion is needed to control the spread of the disease, even as 154, 000 deaths are also recorded every year.

The coordinator advocated stiffer tariff on mobile phone users to tackle tuberculosis, adding that about 300,000 undiagnosed tuberculosis patients pose public health risk

Lawanson explained that of the 105,000 cases diagnosed in 2017, 63 per cent were between the productive ages of 15 to 44.

She said that Nigeria is one of the countries with the highest burden of TB, and HIV and is also the 7th highest in the world, and second in Africa.

Lawanson stressed the need for increased domestic funding and procurement of first and second line drugs, diagnostic equipment and other commodities to end the disease.

In a similar development, the Managing Director of Total Nigeria Plc, Mr. Jean Philippe Torres, has lamented that HIV has continued to be a major global issue, where it has killed more than 35 million people across the globe.

Torres disclosed that approximately 160,000 people died of AIDS-related illness in Nigeria in 2017.

The General Manager and Company Secretary, Mrs. A.O. Popoola Mordi, represented him at the event, which also had the Executive Secretary, Nigerian Business Coalition Against AIDS (NIBUCAA), Mr. Gbenga A. Alabi,

According to them: “Nigeria has 3.2 million people living with HIV. Only 31 per cent of the HIV positive adults and 21 per cent of HIV positive children are on Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART).”

He revealed that Nigeria has the second largest HIV epidemic in the world, with 220,000 new HIV infections in 2017, and is among the highest new infection rates in sub-Saharan Africa.

Torres canvassed a voluntary HIV counseling and testing among the Nigeria population to ensure that people know their status.

Meanwhile, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has disclosed that 25 people have been killed by the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

This was contained in Ebola situation reports on the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which was published yesterday.

The report said the outbreak remains active, as fresh cases have been confirmed.

Also, a virologist from Lancaster University, Dr. Derek Gatherer, in an editorial published in the Journal of General Virology and reported by DailyMailUK Online warned that the fresh outbreak is ‘reminiscent’ of the 2014 Ebola pandemic.

The WHO Assistant Director-General, Emergency Preparedness and Response, Dr. Michael Ryan, had reported that vaccine provides protection and hope for high-risk communities.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/nigeria-needs-n144b-to-control-tb-as.html

Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:43am On Jun 05, 2018
smiley 60% of TB Patients are HIV +

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by Sarekik: 6:22am On Jun 05, 2018
It's called population control

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by Nairalandmentor(m): 6:22am On Jun 05, 2018
420 Nigerians die daily from TB? OP be sure of your stat before posting oh. That's 12,600 deaths in a month and 153,300 in just a year. If this is true and FG isn't declaring state of emergency in the health sector then I give up on Nigeria

If you need a clean website design for your business/organization. Then check my signature No advanced payment is required

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by Bossontop(m): 6:22am On Jun 05, 2018
undecided
I tot dese people promised hope and solutions to every problem known to man upon ascension to power??...... Why problem and wahala com dey change Jersey every blessed day??.....ehhhn??

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by grimandevil: 6:23am On Jun 05, 2018
I think this is a real problem in Africa, most youths exp young ladies don't really care about STD . I have had several experiences were women refuse the use of condom. I will be like are you serious? we need to change the youth mentality, drugs only will not solve the problem.

if you know condom gives you reactions then close your legs and wait till marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by teebaxy(m): 6:25am On Jun 05, 2018
Theives
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:26am On Jun 05, 2018
Do whatever that will save lives.
Too many death this past few years
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by agbadamal: 6:26am On Jun 05, 2018
Hmmm!!! This is serious. Click on the first link on my signature if you are an intending exporter.
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by pol23: 6:27am On Jun 05, 2018
Lol...
Give the board 800 Billion dollars,I'm 100 % sure nothing will change.
Thieves and their careful way of getting money.
When my grandpa died of TB,I get to know more about this there paper diseases control.
If you think those people cares about the whole Nigerians dieing overnight,you dey maga yourselves ni oo..
All I can read is some people needing money for Vacation,others probably a new car or landed property.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by lexy2014: 6:27am On Jun 05, 2018
actiondrilling:
The Coordinator, National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme, Dr. Adebola Lawanson, yesterday disclosed in Abuja that 420 Nigerians die everyday due to tuberculosis.

She said N14.4 billion is needed to control the spread of the disease, even as 154, 000 deaths are also recorded every year.

[b]The coordinator advocated stiffer tariff on mobile phone users to tackle tuberculosis, [/b]adding that about 300,000 undiagnosed tuberculosis patients pose public health risk

Lawanson explained that of the 105,000 cases diagnosed in 2017, 63 per cent were between the productive ages of 15 to 44.

She said that Nigeria is one of the countries with the highest burden of TB, and HIV and is also the 7th highest in the world, and second in Africa.

Lawanson stressed the need for increased domestic funding and procurement of first and second line drugs, diagnostic equipment and other commodities to end the disease.

In a similar development, the Managing Director of Total Nigeria Plc, Mr. Jean Philippe Torres, has lamented that HIV has continued to be a major global issue, where it has killed more than 35 million people across the globe.

Torres disclosed that approximately 160,000 people died of AIDS-related illness in Nigeria in 2017.

The General Manager and Company Secretary, Mrs. A.O. Popoola Mordi, represented him at the event, which also had the Executive Secretary, Nigerian Business Coalition Against AIDS (NIBUCAA), Mr. Gbenga A. Alabi,

According to them: “Nigeria has 3.2 million people living with HIV. Only 31 per cent of the HIV positive adults and 21 per cent of HIV positive children are on Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART).”

He revealed that Nigeria has the second largest HIV epidemic in the world, with 220,000 new HIV infections in 2017, and is among the highest new infection rates in sub-Saharan Africa.

Torres canvassed a voluntary HIV counseling and testing among the Nigeria population to ensure that people know their status.

Meanwhile, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has disclosed that 25 people have been killed by the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

This was contained in Ebola situation reports on the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which was published yesterday.

The report said the outbreak remains active, as fresh cases have been confirmed.

Also, a virologist from Lancaster University, Dr. Derek Gatherer, in an editorial published in the Journal of General Virology and reported by DailyMailUK Online warned that the fresh outbreak is ‘reminiscent’ of the 2014 Ebola pandemic.

The WHO Assistant Director-General, Emergency Preparedness and Response, Dr. Michael Ryan, had reported that vaccine provides protection and hope for high-risk communities.

how does mobile phone use make someone contract TB? Which kind news b this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by hardywaltz(m): 6:33am On Jun 05, 2018
Na wa
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by sagerasaq: 6:33am On Jun 05, 2018
Its True...
How to tackle it? Funding 1st Line and 2nd line drugs.
To contain it Know ur HIV status cus most Patients with HIV have it. Or Go for Sputum test once a while when u have Serious Coughs.
Read more about it..
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by Rexnegro(m): 6:35am On Jun 05, 2018
14b ? is that not too much ?
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by nabegibeg: 6:37am On Jun 05, 2018
actiondrilling:

The coordinator advocated stiffer tariff on mobile phone users to tackle tuberculosis, adding that about 300,000 undiagnosed tuberculosis patients pose public health risk

90% of this money is earmarked to be stolen
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by madridguy(m): 6:40am On Jun 05, 2018
The best place to get TB treatment is Sacred Heart Hospital, Lantoro Abeokuta.
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by ThinkSmarter: 6:40am On Jun 05, 2018
14 wetin? the officials are looking for a means to siphon money into their pockets

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 05, 2018
God help Nigerian from those diseases .......

You can make 50 daily from CPA by uploading on YouTube....

Upload videos you don't even have to create, rank and bank..... I still don't know why a lot of Nigerians are not doing CPA marketing and would still be complaining lack of job....

Check my signature for details..
If you want to learn how to make a living as CPA marketer.
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 05, 2018
God help Nigerian from those diseases .......

You can make 50 dollars daily from CPA by uploading videos on YouTube....

Upload videos you don't even have to create, rank and bank..... I still don't know why a lot of Nigerians are not doing CPA marketing and would still be complaining lack of job....

Check my signature for details..
If you want to learn how to make a living as CPA marketer.
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by madridguy(m): 6:43am On Jun 05, 2018
100% true.

SamuelAnyawu:
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by Simbrixton(m): 6:45am On Jun 05, 2018
madridguy:
The best place to get TB treatment is Sacred Heart Hospital, Lantoro Abeokuta.
person go leave all the better hospitals for lagos ok
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by AwolowoAssLicker(f): 6:48am On Jun 05, 2018
TB & Leprosy are meant for northerners , the disease are rare in South Nigeria especially east, oria Ndi Egypt is not meant for Umu Biafra
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by QTEST007(m): 6:49am On Jun 05, 2018
THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY TOO MUCH ABEG.
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by omoadeleye(m): 6:50am On Jun 05, 2018
where they planning to sacrifice the #14.4b to some gods, or how did they arrived at that figure on time?
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by teflonjake(m): 6:56am On Jun 05, 2018
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by wencesolo(m): 6:56am On Jun 05, 2018
Bro i work under global funded TB
Project, the program is serious and i ve successfully managed 4patients on conventional regimen(8months injectables and 12months oral tabs. Now from 2018 the program changed to shorter regimen ,any newly detected case will undergo 12months treatment duration. Our people are stubborn and ignorant, some ppl when detected they run away, give fake address and phone numbers. Some will say is poison, spiritual and pastor will pray until the case will worsen. Drug resistant TB is dangerous and when DSTB is not properly managed it progresses to DR-TB. TB is curable, goto Government hospitals, LG TB unit missionary hospitals and get tested via Genexpert test. If you have coughed for more than two weeks, for HIV patients cough of any duration TB should be tested for. We are not paid much, we in the field but patients on DR-TB are paid monthly to buy food to feed well as poor ppl are mostly affected, drugs are very strong. Nigeria is not funding the program but only Global fund,GLRA and USAID. so they are canvassing for counterpart fund from nigeria govt.
pol23:
Lol...
Give the board 800 Billion dollars,I'm 100 % sure nothing will change.
Thieves and careful way of getting money.
When my grandpa died of TB,I get to know more about this there paper diseases control.
If you think those people cares about the whole Nigerians dieing overnight,you dey maga yourselves ni oo..
All I can read is some people needing money for Vacation,others probably a new car or landed property.
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by pawesome(m): 6:56am On Jun 05, 2018
Hehehehehehehe...give us clean water and a very good living condition and see if it won't b eliminated....
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by computer0810(m): 6:59am On Jun 05, 2018
dey will always need, but dey can waste money to sponsor pilgrimage
anyways insurgency top d list of what kills Nigerian s more
Re: Nigeria Needs N14.4b To Control TB As 420 Die Daily by showmethemoney(m): 6:59am On Jun 05, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
shocked shocked

Thant's not true

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Me Get Rid Of Bumps On My Penis / COVID-19 Update For June 29 2021 In Nigeria / 10 Things You Need To Know About Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.