Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,104 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Layers Day chicks or POL????? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Layers Day chicks or POL????? (772 Views)

Should I Buy Day Old Chicks Or Grown Chickens For Poultry Business In Nigeria? / 6 weeks turkey,6 weeks broiler, pol available for sale in ibadan / Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Layers Day chicks or POL????? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 05, 2018
I want to go into poultry - Egg production to be exact. I really want to know: buying day old chicks or POL (point of lay)?. Please expert in the house respond.

1 Like

Re: Layers Day chicks or POL????? by Mustack: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2018
following
Re: Layers Day chicks or POL????? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 06, 2018
Still waiting for info
Re: Layers Day chicks or POL????? by knowledge4(m): 12:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
Point of lay is better for a beginner in the sense that the chicken has matured beyond the age 0 to age 6 weeks which is the most critical phase in the life of a chicken. The age 0 to age 6 weeks requires expert handling which a first timer may not be able to cope with and may lose many chickens during that phase. Losing many chickens at this stage can demoralize a first timer and be compelled to give up. Credible and reliable sources for point of lay chickens in Nigeria include Animal Care Konsult and CHI Farms
Point of lay range from about age 15 weeks upward. However, you must get the point of lay chickens for layers from credible and reliable sources. The point of lay chickens must be healthy at the time of purchase. Buying unhealthy point of lay chickens and buying from unreliable sources is a sure route to failure in the business. For further information on chicken farming for beginners, visit first signature below.

1 Like

Re: Layers Day chicks or POL????? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
knowledge4:
Point of lay is better for a beginner in the sense that the chicken has matured beyond the age 0 to age 6 weeks which is the most critical phase in the life of a chicken. The age 0 to age 6 weeks requires expert handling which a first timer may not be able to cope with and may lose many chickens during that phase. Losing many chickens at this stage can demoralize a first timer and be compelled to give up. Credible and reliable sources for point of lay chickens in Nigeria include Animal Care Konsult and CHI Farms
Point of lay range from about age 15 weeks upward. However, you must get the point of lay chickens for layers from credible and reliable sources. The point of lay chickens must be healthy at the time of purchase. Buying unhealthy point of lay chickens and buying from unreliable sources is a sure route to failure in the business. For further information on chicken farming for beginners, visit first signature below.

Thanks. You are the boss.

1 Like

Re: Layers Day chicks or POL????? by teeboo: 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
I have 670 point of cage for sale in ibadan , they are 10 weeks old,source of day old is zartech,healthy and well fed point of cage,call 09093624623 for more infor and checking them up

(1) (Reply)

Cows For Sale At Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos / Farmer Harvest Yam That Looks Exactly Like A Human Foot / Dwarf Coconut Gauava Pawpaw And Orange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.