Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Light And Shadow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Light And Shadow (267 Views)

Light And Shadow / Divine Shadow Church Benue Burnt Over Missing Manhoods / Truth, Light And Bread Ministries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Light And Shadow by phlopholly: 9:42am On Jun 05, 2018
Stand steady, and don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Bring others to Christ . . .
—2 Timothy 4:5 (TLB)

All the masterpieces of art contain both light and shadow. A happy life is one filled not only with sunshine, but one which uses both light and shadow to produce beauty. The greatest musicians, as a rule, are those who know how to bring song out of sadness. Fanny Crosby, her spirit aglow with faith in Christ, saw more with her sightless eyes than most of us do with normal vision. She has given us some of the great gospel songs which cheer our hearts and lives. In a rat-infested jail in Philippi, Paul and Silas sang their song of praise at midnight to the accompaniment of the jailer’s whip. But their patience in suffering and persecution led to the heathen warden’s conviction.

Prayer for the day
Let my heart learn to sing when everything around me seems so dark. Give me Your grace to praise You, Lord Jesus.

Sir Billy Graham

(1) (Reply)

*genesis 22* Through The Eyes Of Isaac / A Way That Seems Right / Plateau:death Toll Hits 200, As Military Deploy More Troops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.