Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

I Make A Whole Lot More From Okadabooks–bestselling Author, Sally Kenneth Dadzie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Make A Whole Lot More From Okadabooks–bestselling Author, Sally Kenneth Dadzie (569 Views)

After Slaughtering Okadabooks, Will Okechukwu Ofili Slaughter Writers' Creativit / Don't Fall Into The Trap Of Okadabooks! / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Make A Whole Lot More From Okadabooks–bestselling Author, Sally Kenneth Dadzie by ekaromail: 11:13am On Jun 05, 2018
Sally Kenneth Dadzie is a writer, a blogger, a wife, a mother, and an Okadabooks bestselling author. She’s also been named one of Nigeria’s most influential writers under 40. In 2017, she won the award for ‘Fiction Writer of the Year,’ at the Nigerian Writers Awards. When she’s not writing, she teams up with her husband to help people find and express the power of their sexuality.

In a time where people are just opening their minds to the great potentials being a writer and author holds, Sally is glad to have a family who supports and encourages her writing.

But Sally really didn’t think she was going to be so involved in writing until she completed her first movie script in 2005. It was a first time, and according to her, it felt good. “I said to myself that I could see myself doing this for life. But I didn’t start writing until years later,” Sally said.

Being a voracious reader, it is true that a lot of authors, even those whose works she read in her childhood, have in one way or the other influenced Sally’s writing and choice of career today.

The title of her first ever published book had to be Fish Brain Madhouse. The last of the Fish Brain Series. It is a book Sally started writing because of personal reasons that restricted her from pursuing her day job at the time. Sally pointed out that writing this book was more of a hobby at the start, than a writing business.

Other books she has written include: In The Name Of Papa, It’s Another Saturday, Novocaine Knights, His Little Black Book, The Fourth Finger, No Heart Feelings, To Tame A Virgin and The Fish Brain series.

The events in her stories are sometimes a mixture of real-life experience, with fiction. It could be her own experience or someone else’s experience. This is so because according to Sally, “People inspire me always.”

Contrary to what some of you think, Sally has said, “writing is my day and night job.”

Sally works (writes) mostly at night. Daytime too, but not as much. She writes every day unless she or a family member is ill, or she’s too busy with something else that’s equally important.

Please click the link below to read the full article
https://blog.okadabooks.com/i-make-a-whole-lot-more-from-okadabooks-bestselling-author-sally-kenneth-dadzie/

Re: I Make A Whole Lot More From Okadabooks–bestselling Author, Sally Kenneth Dadzie by kay29000(m): 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2018
Misleading title. Where did she talk about Okadabooks in the post above?
Re: I Make A Whole Lot More From Okadabooks–bestselling Author, Sally Kenneth Dadzie by ekaromail: 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
kay29000:
Misleading title. Where did she talk about Okadabooks in the post above?

Read the full article. Then we debate later.

(1) (Reply)

An Ode To 150CEFA By Godwin Henry Osaigbovo Pa Shakespeare / Content Ninjas Needed! Virtual & Long-term Role| ₦1000- ₦1700 Per 500 Words / Life Is But An Illusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.