Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) (3819 Views)

First Kilometre Of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Completed With Street Lights / Governor Abiodun Constructs Sango Ota-Ijoko Road; Reconstructs Ota Tollgate / China Opens 8-lane 12.89-km Nansha Bridge, The First Bridge With 5G Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:36pm On Jun 05, 2018
Chinese construction workers have built many a formidable bridges in the most impossible places.

But two bridges have shot to fame in the Far East recently not because of their incredible lengths or heights, but their high-tech multi-media spectacles.

The Nanhu Bridge in north-east China and the Xiaolongwan Bridge in eastern China have become a traffic showstopper in their respective city with their rhythmic water waves and artistic neon lights.

The 492ft (150m) long, 84.6ft (25.8m) wide Nanhu Bridge is located in downtown Changchun, the provincial capital of Jilin Province.

Equipped with 280 water sprinklers and 560 LED lights on the two sides, it has become a popular tourist attraction with throngs of people flocking to enjoy the dramatic digital display during the weekend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5803751/Mesmerising-footage-shows-Chinese-bridges-spectacular-light-water-show.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by Hakeem12(m): 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
A system that works. They don't only do things, their maintenance habit is also top notch. Here we build concrete bridges and commission it like it's a big deal, throw meaningless parties to celebrate it and back it up with prayers.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2018
Earlier this month, footage of the Nanhu Bridge show became trending on video platforms, as viewers praise the creativity of the bridge engineers.

The recently complete Nanhu Bridge took four months to construct.

It is built on the site of an earlierbridge which was demolished in June.

The old Nanhu Bridge, complete in 1978, was blown up in just 3.5 seconds in a controlled explosion on June 11 last year.

The management now runs three shows at night every Saturday and Sunday on the new bridge.

An observation deck has also been purposely built on each side of the bridge to accommodate the audience.

1 Like

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by madridguy(m): 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2018
See a country with visionary leaders. Reverse is always the case here in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by oyekanwahab(m): 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2018
China is doing this to boost tourism, and it a very good one

4 Likes

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2018
The Chinese residents are loving their new bridge feature.

A Changchun resident, known by her surname Li, couldn't hold her excitement over the new Nanhu Bridge.

2 Likes

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by eDeity: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2018
smiley While almost ten years now we're constructing ordinary concrete second Niger bridge.
Nigeria hmmm
Nigeria hmmm

We're in trouble o

Nigerian leaders make una hide una face in shame

15 Likes

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by BUHARImyDOG: 5:45pm On Jun 05, 2018
when will the zoo be like this
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by ednut1(m): 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
Yet the yanks tell us communism is bad. Father lord where is our mao zedong

3 Likes

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by DemonHunTER: 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
BUHARImyDOG:
when will the zoo be like this

Once a zoo, always a zoo.
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by Maldek666: 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
Chinese are the hardest working people on the planet. They do not wait for faith in God, they just work harder

7 Likes

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by horlah005: 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
What a curse nation we are!
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by blakid(m): 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2018
Anytime i see a thread by Explorers, i know something mesmerising is up for grab... Thank you a lot for this...

2 Likes

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by lovelylad: 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hmm astonishing.

Do you think Nigeria can be like this?

Like for No

Share for Yes

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by blakid(m): 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2018
Explorers:
Earlier this month, footage of the Nanhu Bridge show became trending on video platforms, as viewers praise the creativity of the bridge engineers.

The recently complete Nanhu Bridge took four months to construct.

It is built on the site of an earlierbridge which was demolished in June.

The old Nanhu Bridge, complete in 1978, was blown up in just 3.5 seconds in a controlled explosion on June 11 last year.

The management now runs three shows at night every Saturday and Sunday on the new bridge.

An observation deck has also been purposely built on each side of the bridge to accommodate the audience.
Four months? i'm wowed already. But come to this part of the world, it will take upto a year to complete ordinary pedestrian brgdge.

1 Like

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by OneTeslim(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2018
shocked

Incredible.
Where's Second Niger bridge? undecided shocked

***MODIFIED***
Be like say i go un follow Explorers o... he just dy make me think cheesy shocked

2 Likes

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by Oceannaagent: 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
Great innovation, still boasting their tourism sector.
Took them only 4 months to build says a lot about China's technological advancement .

Meanwhile this structure is coming up in VI, take advantage of investment opportunities by owning solely or by co-owning Apartments or rooms in the iconic Oceanna, and watch your investment grow.

Call/Whatsapp +2347034503352 for more information.

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
OneTeslim:
shocked

Incredible.
Where's Second Niger bridge? undecided shocked

***MODIFIED***
Be like say i go un follow Explorers o... he just dy make me think cheesy shocked

Lol.....

Nigeria is just a location, the issue is with the occupants.

We keep praying us.
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by cyojunior1(m): 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2018
madridguy:
See a country with visionary leaders. Reverse is always the case here in Nigeria.

with u in support of the President Buhari is a show of shame!

1 Like

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by cyojunior1(m): 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2018
I weep for my country when I read about how developed and mature country are fast developing their technological capability.

here our leader commission miniature projects and the gullible ones go about and celebrate them!
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by madridguy(m): 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
I don't think you know what is doing you.

cyojunior1:

with u in support of the President Buhari is a show of shame!
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by cyojunior1(m): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2018
madridguy:
I don't think you know what is doing you.

I should be saying that to u, asking about what has eaten up ur brain by justifying the failure of President Buhari which should have been condemn if truly u want this country to progress!
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by Omotaday(m): 1:20am On Jun 06, 2018
cyojunior1:
I weep for my country when I read about how developed and mature country are fast developing their technological capability.

here our leader commission miniature projects and the gullible ones go about and celebrate them!
Me and you, we are the one spoiling this country, this is Nigeria, everybody is a criminal.
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by AceRoyal: 3:17am On Jun 06, 2018
I know I'm not suppose to question God, but when I read news like this, I can't help but ask;
"God in your infinite wisdom, why make me a Nigerian?! ".

Nigeria is still back in time, we're in like 1970. It might take us a hundred years to get to the level China is right now if we continue with the present situation of bad/visionless leadership, quota system, endemic corruption, nepotism, tribalism, religious fanatism, etc.

I love my country but I'm ashamed of our leaders!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:19am On Jun 06, 2018
AceRoyal:
I know I'm not suppose to question God, but when I read news like this, I can't help but ask;
"God in your infinite wisdom, why make me a Nigerian?! ".

Nigeria is still back in time, we're in like 1970. It might take us a hundred years to get to the level China is right now if we continue with the present situation of bad/visionless leadership, quota system, endemic corruption, nepotism, tribalism, religious fanatism, etc.

I love my country but I'm ashamed of our leaders!!!

The last statement said it all.
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by chukxie(m): 7:23am On Jun 06, 2018
There was a day I wept while walking through a park that was being built in a village ( a county level village ) that I visited in Hunan, China. I cried because of the beauty of the park, and the recreational amenities in it that would be enjoyed for free by the villagers. Such amenities can only be the rich in Nigeria. I also wept because I saw affordable housing estates (lots of them) with highrise buildings, beautiful landscaping works and trees that would give the owners of Eko Atlantic City a run for their money! Such estates can only be lived in by the rich in Nigeria.
I wept for Nigeria on that day! True talk!

4 Likes

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by pxjosh(m): 8:03am On Jun 06, 2018
chukxie:
There was a day I wept while walking through a park that was being built in a village ( a county level village ) that I visited in Hunan, China. I cried because of the beauty of the park, and the recreational amenities in it that would be enjoyed for free by the villagers. Such amenities can only be the rich in Nigeria. I also wept because I saw affordable housing estates (lots of them) with highrise buildings, beautiful landscaping works and trees that would give the owners of Eko Atlantic City a run for their money! Such estates can only be lived in by the rich in Nigeria.
I wept for Nigeria on that day! True talk!
Nigeria is suffering seriously from Dutch disease.
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by chukxie(m): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2018
pxjosh:
Nigeria is suffering seriously from Dutch disease.

Nah! Nigeria is suffering because corrupt, greedy, wicked and visionless leaders.
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 06, 2018
� China again these people will build Heaven one day cool
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by kelechiMarie(f): 11:05am On Jun 06, 2018
This is incredible! This is a country with visionary leaders, it's the little things that show how much a country cares for its citizens.My country on the other hand will manage to tar a road and bring cameras to capture it plus a 30mins session on TV called 'ANAMBRA IS WORKING'

1 Like

Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by ichommy(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2018
Aye Mi.
Re: China Constructs Stunning Bridge With Mesmerising Lights And Water Show(Photos) by jieta: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
With wonderful and unique pictures like this am tempted to ask if there are poor people in China.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American / Married, Common Law Or Conjugal Partners Coming To CANADA / Join Me As I Travel To Mexico City For A 3 Day Holliday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.