Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Lady Raises Alarm Over The Academic Pressure Her Parents Put On Her Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Raises Alarm Over The Academic Pressure Her Parents Put On Her Brother (450 Views)

15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) / Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother / Lady Shares Photo Of Her Brother Holding Her Backside, Slams 'Haters' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Raises Alarm Over The Academic Pressure Her Parents Put On Her Brother by HeWrites(m): 4:41am On Jun 06, 2018
Twitter user @okemzuruoke is unhappy at the psychological state of her brother who has had to deal with academic criticism and pressure from his parents.

She says they continuously rub his shortcomings in his face and compare him with his peers.

Read her tweets below;
"I'm literally sick and tired of coming home every time to witness the mental torture my parents put my brother through because he's written UTME twice and didn't get admitted.

Can't wait to start working and get an apartment of my own so I can move in with my young man and help him escape all this rubbish.

This was a boy that grew up with ADHD without a support system to back him up. Took him going to a boarding school to gain some balance and assert himself. Was unbelievably top of his class.

And every now and then he suffers reproof and public shaming because he never seems to be enough. He's literally become a shadow of himself. No friends, no social life, nothing.

Imagine constantly being reminded that you're a useless first son bc you repeated three classes and your younger sister has caught up with you. Or being compared to your peers who are ahead of you. Every. Single. Day.

I lost 16 kg in less than a year bc of this. Went from 79 to 63 kg bc I had to spend one more depressing year at home feeling like a failure bc i wasn't admitted into uni.

Everyday I look at my brother all I see is a young man struggling so hard to get out of a sunken place. He tells me the only time he is truly happy is when I'm around. How much do you have to hate your home for you to not want to be there?

I honestly don't know who it was that added insulting comparisons, mental/verbal abuse and degradation to the list of parenting skills. I don't understand why you need to walk the path of torturing your own child in order to pass a message.

We're always very quick to eulogise our parents, which isn't a bad thing. But we should also be swift to admit when they get things entirely wrong.

A lot of us are going to reenact the bad parenting we experienced in the hands of our parents to our own kids bc we saw nothing wrong with it.

No. Sift out those traits and vow to never have them repeated with your offspring. Never."

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/06/lady-raises-alarm-over-the-rate-of-academic-pressure-her-parents-put-on-her-brother.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over The Academic Pressure Her Parents Put On Her Brother by HeWrites(m): 4:43am On Jun 06, 2018

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over The Academic Pressure Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Lartoph(m): 4:47am On Jun 06, 2018
This is serious. When will parents understand that education is never a measure of success?
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over The Academic Pressure Her Parents Put On Her Brother by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:49am On Jun 06, 2018
To some Parents: Live and let live!
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over The Academic Pressure Her Parents Put On Her Brother by boolet: 5:09am On Jun 06, 2018
o ga
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over The Academic Pressure Her Parents Put On Her Brother by bjbukzy(m): 5:15am On Jun 06, 2018
Sometimes in a bid to show love, we create hate instead.

Pretty sure the parent believe that they are trying to help d child strive for success. Parenting is one of hardest things cos u never know if u r getting things right until ypu get to the end point.
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over The Academic Pressure Her Parents Put On Her Brother by ismail4sure: 5:32am On Jun 06, 2018
aye ma le o
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over The Academic Pressure Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Mynd44: 5:34am On Jun 06, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Emotional Damaging Things Not To Do To Babies / Can You Allow Your Child To Practice A Religion Different From Yours? / Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.