Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Ye Are gods - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ye Are gods (321 Views)

All Kings Are Gods On Earth Regardless Of Superficial Race Background / Why Are Gods So Powerless Nowadays? / There Are Gods, Yes, Many Of Them AND There Is An Almighty Creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ye Are gods by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:38am On Jun 07, 2018
Ye Are gods

The strongest opposition the Jews had against the Ministry of Jesus was His proclamation of His father-son relationship with God.

They couldn’t stand it. It provoked them to the extent that a number of times they sought to kill Him.

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God…
John 10:31-36

Jesus could not be daunted by their threats. He knew who He was and where He came from.

Besides, He knew the scriptures and what they said about God-man relationship. He knew that children of God are gods.

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
Psalm 82:6

The believers are the ones to whom, when the word of God came, believed; and by believing became children of God, the father called them gods.

If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken.
John 10:35

If sons of men are men, then it follows that sons of God are gods.

Just like children have the attributes of their natural parents, so do the children of God have the attributes of God.

No matter how fond you are of your pet, it can never be called your child. You are not in the same class of being; it can never manifest your attributes in spite of your fondness.

If you have been born again, you must accept the fact of your divine nature. The human nature is associated with humanity, while the divine nature is associated with God.

Just like human nature makes man, human, divine nature makes God, God. A genuinely born again person has the divine nature inside of him.

The reason many believers have not come to terms fully with this truth is because we have stayed so long among humans.

We are so body oriented, conscious largely of operations within our five senses. We have come to believe that there is no difference between us and the rest of humanity.

We live in the same communities, we shop together, work together etc.

During one of my meetings in one of the northern cities of Nigeria, I visited one of the elders of our church whose goat demonstrates the powerful effect of association on behaviour.

The goat had been reared with his dog. Over time, the goat began to behave exactly like dog.

When its master comes back home from work, like the dog it wags its tail as a sign of welcome.

But much more disturbing, the goat no longer feeds on leaves or vegetables, rather it feeds on whatever the dog feeds on, including of course excreta!

I never read this from any book or heart it from anybody, I witnessed it.

Association has robbed believers of the consciousness of their divine nature, you will never be in control of the affairs of life if you keep the wrong company.

God did not programme you to live and die like men (that is live unfulfilled, unaccomplished lives) but He programmed you for distinction.

He loaded you with divine abilities and potentials that would make you operate in His class and exercise dominion over the affairs of life.

This is truth, it may even be regarded as blasphemous; but that explains the human predicament. Until you embrace the truth of your divine nature, don’t expect to be in control.

You will be buffeted and suffer like ordinary men.

A revelation of your divine nature will open you up to the realm of the supernatural.

When you become consciously aware of this truth, even when you are asleep, the wicked forces on earth would cheaply surrender to you.

There was a time my wife was admitted in the hospital. She was on drips for a supposedly serious attack.

When I got to the hospital, I told the doctor to remove the drips and discharge her. He looked at me in amazement but I had my way.

And later that day, she still attended the end of year the pastors’ banquet. That ended the affliction.

Sometime ago, my youngest daughter was said to have tuberculosis. When the news got to me, I simply said, “No it can’t happen!” I forgot about it. I dismissed it as guess work.

Praise God, the same doctor who had earlier diagnosed tuberculosis came back with the report that it had left.

Consciousness of your divine nature will change your attitude towards life and things. You will be so settled about issues of life that when men run helter-skelter you will be at peace.

Jesus knew who He was. Even in the midst of a storm, while His disciples were frantically wearing themselves out in their bid to save their lives, He could afford to sleep.

When He finally was woken up, He calmed the storms by His words. Jesus could afford to sleep because He was conscious of His position in God.

All over the scriptures you will hear Him saying, “I and my Father are one; if you see me, you have seen my Father” etc.

Believers need to be conscious of this fact too. God did not call you a man. He called you a god. So get your thinking tuned into this.

Hallelujah

Releasing The Supernatural, David Oyedepo

Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded

Contact Us, 08126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: Ye Are gods by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
The supernatural is your new realm by redemption...

(1) (Reply)

Two Mouths, Part 2 / The 27th July Blood Moon And The End Time Signs / Two Mouths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.