Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State (22944 Views)

Two Neighbours In Bloody Fight In Enugu During Lockdown / Nigerian Man Stoned To Death By Angolans For Progressing More Than Them / Missing 17-year-old Teenage Girl Found Stoned To Death In South Africa (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by EmagNig(m): 6:59am On Jun 07, 2018
A man has been stoned to death by his neighbours at his residence at Ota-Idiroko, in the Ota area of Ogun State.

The man identified as Peter Ayole was allegedly pelted with rocks when he reportedly complained of the fumes emanating from the generator set of his neighbour, Punch Metro reports.

The 52-year-old was said to be an auditor at the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, Abakaliki, Ebonyi.

The victim, who was said to be on leave, had reportedly decided to spend the leave with his wife and children at their house in the Ota area.

His widow, Oluwafunmilayo Ayole, explained that the incident happened on Wednesday, May 23, 2018.

She said:

“We were together at home that morning when he said he was going to our site to see how the plumbers were doing. We had had some people coming to ask us that they needed rooms for rent.

“Not up to 30 minutes after he left, I got a call that my husband had fallen after he was stoned. The site is just a stone’s throw from our house, so I got there in no time. I saw that he had been laid on a plank, lifeless. I asked what happened and I was told that he was stoned by some people who sold confectionary beside the construction site.

“I learnt that when he arrived there, he met the plumbers idle. The plumbers told him they could not work because of the fumes from the generator of the neighbours who were selling confectionary. My husband had complained to me several times about them before and all his appeals to them to shift their generator house were abortive.

“So, he picked a stick and climbed three blocks beside the toilet under construction. He started hitting the roof of their building with the stick and calling them to turn off their generator.”

She explained that one of those in the building made a snide remark about the chartered accountant, telling him to stop disturbing their peace.

The late Peter reportedly became aggravated when he was called a “mad man” and threatened to continue hitting the roof.

“My husband continued hitting the roof when someone stoned him with something like a grinding stone, which hit him in the head. He fell and became unconscious.

“The workers at the site took him to a private facility in the area where he was confirmed dead. He was subsequently brought back to the site.

“We took him to another private hospital, where the doctor did not even allow us to bring him in before confirming him dead. But he said we could still keep him in an airy place to see if he would regain consciousness.

“By evening, we took him to the last hospital where he was again confirmed dead. By this time, blood had started flowing out from his nostrils and mouth,” she added.

Oluwafunmilayo told our correspondent that before her husband was taken to a mortuary, some policemen from the Onipanu division visited the site, saying they had come to arrest the late Peter for disturbing the peace of the suspects.

She explained that the policemen, on discovering that Peter was dead, demanded that she follow them to make a statement at the station.

“I was weeping and pulling my husband’s legs and head for him to wake up when the policemen arrived and said they had a complaint against him.

“Obviously, those people after seeing the damage they had caused, went to report to the police as a cover-up. One of the men with me later volunteered to make a statement on my behalf at the division,” she said.

Our correspondent learnt that the late Peter, a certified information systems auditor, was survived by seven children.

His elder brother, Isiaka Ayole, a police officer attached to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, Lagos, described the deceased as “highly intelligent.”

Isiaka said only justice would assuage the pain of the family.

He said:

“When I went to the police station, the Divisional Crime Officer told me my brother killed himself. But we checked the statements of the witnesses and they said he was stoned. All I want is justice for my brother,” he added.

Our correspondent gathered that five suspects were arrested by the police for Peter’s death.

The suspects – Morenike Akinleye (43), Ajah Chijioke (46), Sulaimon Akinleye (30), Bose Adebesin (24) and Nurudeen Adekunbi (20) – were later transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Eleweran, Abeokuta.

They were arraigned on Wednesday before an Ota Magistrate’s Court on two counts of manslaughter.

The charge read,

“That you, Morenike Akinleye, Ajah Chijioke, Sulaimon Akinleye, Bose Adebesin and Nurudeen Adekunbi, on May 23, 2018, around 12.30pm at Km 6, Ota-Idiroko Road, Ota, Ogun State, in the Ota Magisterial District, did unlawfully conspire together to commit felony, to wit: manslaughter, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 324 of the Criminal Code Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.

“That you did unlawfully cause the death of one Peter Ayole, aged 52, by stoning him with stones, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 325 of the Criminal Code Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.”

While the defence counsel moved the application for their bail, the prosecutor asked that they be remanded in custody.

The magistrate, J.A. Akan, remanded the defendants in prison and adjourned the case till July 9, 2018.

https://lailasnews.com/man-stoned-to-death-by-his-neighbours-in-ogun/

lalasticlala

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by EmagNig(m): 6:59am On Jun 07, 2018
Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 07, 2018
Did you take time to read the story at all?
Olalan:
Really the rate at which murder is happening everyday is alarming. The culprit must be made to face the law

"So, he picked a stick and climbed three blocks beside the toilet under construction. He started hitting the roof of their building with the stick and calling them to turn off their generator.”

one of those in the building made a snide remark about the chartered accountant, telling him to stop disturbing their peace.

The late Peter reportedly became aggravated when he was called a “mad man” and threatened to continue hitting the roof.

“My husband continued hitting the roof when someone stoned him with something like a grinding stone, which hit him in the head. He fell and became unconscious.

Ordinary banging my door anyhow, I get easily angered. Not to talk of climbing my roof to disturb my peace. God knows I might have committed manslaughter too.

11 Likes

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Olalan(m): 7:05am On Jun 07, 2018
Really the rate at which murder is happening everyday is alarming. The culprit must be made to face the law
Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by EweduAfonja(f): 7:34am On Jun 07, 2018
Thank God they didn't mine his Skull...
RIP Oga nepa officer

5 Likes

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Nbote(m): 7:35am On Jun 07, 2018
Na plan dem plan am... But dis scenario shows everything wrong with dis country. Imagine a doctor keeping a lifeless body outside till evening to see if d body would regain consciousness? Where's Buhari and Fashola claiming Nigerians no Longer use Generators becos of over light..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Baawaa(m): 7:44am On Jun 07, 2018
“So, he picked a stick and climbed three blocks beside the toilet under construction. He started hitting the roof of their building with the stick and calling them to turn off their generator.”
This is a serious case,but the man too is faulty

6 Likes

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Jaabioro(m): 7:45am On Jun 07, 2018
May God punish the person who threw the missile mortal stone that grounded the victim life to the great beyond..To the DPO, how could he kill himself such situation.,.?

3 Likes

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by hisgrace090: 8:03am On Jun 07, 2018
It seems every little provocation result to killing today in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Pat081: 9:03am On Jun 07, 2018
7 children hmmmmm pls women always close ur legs some time d man is no more now only u will b taking care of the children now

1 Like

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2018
angry

You dare not operate a sooty generator where people are, the attendant consequence of inhaling poisonous CO in the soot can be extremely detrimental.

Every human have the right to clean air in the environment. So I can imagine how the late man must have felt considering his level of experiences.

The operators of that confectionery are nothing but morons and should be dealt with severely bcz In saner clime where policies are put in place to protect the environment, factories or confectioneries should be sited in non-residential areas having passed through environmental impact assessment. But here in Nigeria anything goes on just like that. Smh! angry

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by NwaAmaikpe: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2018
shocked

Karma visited the mumu man.

He works for a DISCO that never provides Electricity and he still won't allow his neighbor enjoy electricity that IEDC refused to give him.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by MrGreenMavro: 11:24am On Jun 07, 2018
angry

Na wa o
Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 07, 2018
The Frontpage is filled with bad news this morning.. Arrrghhhh
Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by ruggedmallaam(m): 11:25am On Jun 07, 2018
"June 12 should be our Democracy Day because it is very symbolic to our history, that was when we had the freest and fairness election and I am really happy the election was conducted by me" --- IBB

1 Like

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by mammanbawa: 11:28am On Jun 07, 2018
The deceased and the murderers are all at fault
I believed they're entitled to their civic rights to liberty so why should they turn off their generator
He shoulda pleaded and reached a consensus with them
Sadly, he learnt the hard way.
RIP Mr Peter

1 Like

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by slawomir: 11:30am On Jun 07, 2018
ok
Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by wittyt98(m): 11:30am On Jun 07, 2018
Bad news Everywhere

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by itiswellandwell: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2018
His elder brother, Isiaka Ayole, a police officer
attached to the State Criminal Investigation and
Intelligence Department, Yaba, Lagos.

With the elder brother being a police officer, The hope of the suspects being freed from this case is very slim.

You might be interested www.nairaland.com/4543541/neat-samsung-s7-edge-4gb

3 Likes

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Bustincole(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2018
Too bad... so sad
Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by ghostfacekillar(m): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2018
Afonja aaaaaaaaaa.... Chai so dem don take this guy head. Chai. If nah the work of miners like. But if u disagree share

1 Like

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Starzdavid247(m): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2018
Rip. The rate at which people are been killed is alarming this days. So much hunger and anger in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by adisabarber(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2018
It is still a crime to take life unlawfully. They will be jailed for manslaughter

NwaChibuzor060:

"So, he picked a stick and climbed three blocks beside the toilet under construction. He started hitting the roof of their building with the stick and calling them to turn off their generator.”

one of those in the building made a snide remark about the chartered accountant, telling him to stop disturbing their peace.

Ordinary banging my door anyhow, I get easily angered. Not to talk of climbing my roof to disturb my peace. God knows I might have committed manslaughter too.

1 Like

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by pesty100(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2018
adisabarber:
It is still a crime to take life unlawfully. They will be jailed for manslaughter

the fact that there was malice i.e the snide comment therefore it is murder second degree I think
Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by brodalokie: 11:56am On Jun 07, 2018
Was his name Matthew? undecided
Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by pesty100(m): 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaChibuzor060:

so if a man channels CO² into your compound you decide to die if they cannot be reasoned with. Or did you think a man who resorted to disturbing this guys haven't tried a more subtle approach that didn't work

7 Likes

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by frugal(m): 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
Sad. This could have been avoided with emotional intelligence.

“We took him to another private hospital, where the doctor did not even allow us to bring him in before confirming him dead. But he said we could still keep him in an airy place to see if he would regain consciousness.

You can imagine the type of health care system we have in this country? Where's that Canadian PR thread again?

1 Like

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by Trexnemesis(m): 12:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaChibuzor060:

So, when he bangs your roof, you bash and break his skull, abi? Kwantiniu.

1 Like

Re: Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State by skales67(m): 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ewo! Open defecation Republicans and their "kindness"!

This man lived in IPOB land of Enugu filled with "terrorist Igbos" but they did not kill him. Only for him to come back home in Ogun to his kind "angelic and saintly peaceful Yoruba brothers" who accommodate peacefully only for him to be stoned to death.

Yoruba people are very kind o...it is Igbos who are wicked grin grin

Awon Omoluabeasts of no nation!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Busts Illegal Orphanage Home, Rescues 24 Children - Pictures / Man Shot By Police In Kogi Dies (Graphic Photos) / Court Jails Internet Fraudster Three Years In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.