Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:46 PM

I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (466 Views)

Cee-c's Sister Slammed The Door On Me - Alex / Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women / Daddy Freeze Slams Chimamanda Adichie For Hillary Clinton's Twitter Bio Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Amagite2: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
From; Amagitesblog.com

Nigerian novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie appeared on “The Daily Show” with Trevor Noah on Wednesday, and she revealed she has trouble with men holding the door for women.

According to her, there are people who need that gesture/protection more, because there are lots of women who are stronger than men.

She also said she has issues with the idea of people saying women and children should leave first when there is a tragedy.

She said;

"I think holding the door shouldn't be gender, it's a lovely thing to hold the door, but we should hold the dorr for everyone. I hold the door for men and women.

I think the idea of holding the door for a woman because she is a woman, I have trouble with it. i am quite happy with people holding the door for me, but i hope they are not doing it because of this sort of idea of chivalry, because chivalry is the idea that women are somehow weak and need protecting, but we know that there are many women that are stronger than many men"

Watch the video here; https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/06/i-have-trouble-with-men-holding-the-door-for-women-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie.html

Cc; Lalasticlala

Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
I think chimamaanda and kemi olunloyo comes from the same family with different surname.

kemi olunloyo, chimamaanda and madness

1 Like

Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by josephobaro(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
This woman too talk.
Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
This woman is trying too hard and it looks bad grin
Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Tallesty1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
So the whole thing is about "who get strenght pass?"
Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

☣ ☠
Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by SniperSmurf(m): 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
What do women really want?
You no hold door = problem
You hold door = problem

*in DMX voice*
What deez bit#hes want from a Niggaaa?!!?!!

Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by itspzpics(m): 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
Lol
Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Martinez19(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
Holding the door doesn't mean that there is gender inequality. This Chimamanda sef.
Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by QueenSuccubus(f): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
cheesy

I dunno what she want to define here.. But if holding doors giving her headache, then it's not surprising when she's having sex, she must be the one opening her hubby's trouser and put his THANG THANG in her nunu coz she's "strong" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by delugajackson: 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
Though I see nothing wrong in holding doors for a lady, my only problem is that men tend to over do things, especially when the female gender is involved.

I had a very nasty experience at an ATM cash point yesterday. After hours of waiting for the triumphant return of the network, it finally did and one pretty lady walked past the queue. She was able to buy the guy at the front with her smile. The ewu Gambia allowed her to withdraw without delay. I can't explain how furious I was at that moment.

But a guy who badly needed cash came forward to beg him and he bluntly refused. I asked him why he let the lady withraw and he said "Ahh.. na woman na." Imagine! "So because she's a woman, she deserves more preferential treatment than the rest of us?" He just smiled and said "My brother, you no go understand". I thought of slapping the evil spirit out of him, but then this could be a man with wife and kids at home. I just laughed it off.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Trouble With Men Holding The Door For Women - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Houseofglam7(f): 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
Madam, just shut up already undecided

(1) (Reply)

Afta Takin Wcup Win For Jersey Nigeria Reveal Stunning Travel Outfits-DailyMail / Even Bobrisky Sabi Better Thing… See What He Just Sent To Bbnaija Star, Cee-c / I Can’t Beef Mo Chedda, She’s A Child - Ruggedman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.