Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women (53519 Views)

Banky W Reacts To Wizkid’s Absence At His Wedding To Adesua Etomi / Banky W Reacts To Sucide On 3rd Mainland Bridge By Lady Who Parked SUV & Jumped / Banky W Reacts To Ebuka's Agbada: "We Are Ready For You At The White Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Faithway10: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2018

Nigerian novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has got lots of Nigerians talking with the comment she made when she appeared on “The Daily Show” with Trevor Noah on Wednesday.

She said she has trouble with men holding the door for women, because they think women are weak.

Singer Banky W has reacted.

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/06/banky-w-reacts-to-chimamandas-comment-on-men-holding-the-door-for-women.html

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by damilare96(m): 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
The woman get problem

374 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by cheddahboy(m): 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
No mind her

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by IamD18: 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
I stand with Chimamanda on this.

Men should stop worshiping women to claim gentleman.

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Shakushaku1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hshsnsnjenebebebebenebebe

Village pple die by fire, because hjenenenenemenenenensbsbmmsmsmsms

Amen!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Rapoo(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
I think the only time I can hold the door for my wife is when she's pregnant. I keep saying this that public display of affection is not being romantic or caring.

I support her on this one. even those criticizing her have not been since doing those things for wives/girlfriends.

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by lenghtinny(m): 9:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
Is it not the same Chimanmanda that thinks the word "wife" is derogatory angry....

The woman is just a troublemaker that's always looking for faults where there is none... Her accomplishments and the hype around her makes her feel like some omnipotent being.

160 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by CaptainGOOD: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
Banky big head shut up pls..
She is only airing her opinion based on the questions asked to her.
Its not like she is telling people not to open doors for women.
Dont u know what interview is? undecided
If she said otherwise u people will still start crying "FEMINIST"

Stop sounding like common afonja nairaland illiterate biko

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Bolustical: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
Is it only me that is having the feeling that Chimamanda is riding on the back of feminism in order to keep trending?

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Bolustical: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
yes
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by bigerboy200: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
“I too know” dey worry that woman i swear..

28 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by TheUbermensch: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
21st Century Feminism is just glorified madness. It's a belief in equal rights without equal responsibilities.

Chimamanda Ngozi-Adichie, though a very intelligent woman, might not be so smart as she has made some very stupid statement in recent times that puts her sanity at question.

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
To each their own.....

To each your own....

I will always open the door for my Angel as long as i feel like or as the episode demand.

It's an unwritten rule.

To each your own!!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Gurusarenna: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
feminists agenda, something I never understands..
abeg who get live streaming link wey I fit watch Ghana vs Iceland make I see their game play.. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by decatalyst(m): 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
So una no know say too much of book dey disturb the brain and lifestyle?

There was a gist in OAU then about a Law professor that got so 'buried in books' to the extent that he divorced his wife, send the kids overseas and sleep on his bed with books...his office was a mess of books!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Loanrt: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
this woman

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by lfleak: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
stupid feminists, soon they will tell you who should stay on top during sex.. and how deep your dick should go.. smh..

Gurusarenna:
feminists agenda, something I never understands..
abeg who get live streaming link wey I fit watch Ghana vs Iceland make I see their game play.. lipsrsealed
download "moko live stream" app from playtore, score na 1-0 to iceland..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by abc115: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by kiddoiLL(m): 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Waiting for to fire back
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Wetin concern me
undecided

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Shortyy(f): 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
She's wrong on this one.

3 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by missyadorable(f): 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Why would a man hold a car door for me when I have hands and they are free?
Nigerian man and public display of care and affection is equal to trouble inside the house.

13 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by safarigirl(f): 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
The opening of the doors is fine, my own is that why do men think they have exclusive right to the edge of the seat?

When you want to enter a car, they would want to seat by the window and push you inside

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
Women = Delicate and Delicious except those rigid extremists calling themselves feminists

4 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by KingsCare: 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
really
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by ztar(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
This woman go like Wahala oooo..

3 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Jabarzee(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
Chimamanda needs a dick in her life

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Gggg102(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
People just choose to misinterpret what she said.

Most Nigerians would understand it better if her example was centred on money.
E.g: "I feel uncomfortable when men pay on dates because they feel women need men to pay on dates. Women are perfectly capable of paying on dates themselves. The only reason why a man should pay on a date is because he wants to not because he feels women cannot pay themselves."

She does not want to be those feminists that claim independent but still want men to do things for them and demand special treatment.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
yea
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by obafemi04(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
I'm not surprise it's now the trends! Boss lady and Alpha lady.. Virtually arrogant in all their approaches.

7 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Coldfeets: 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
Banky no just wan talk wetin dey im mind.

Im just wan dey careful make e no be say im don dey abuse that mad feminist. grin grin grin

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zinoleesky Deletes Marlian Label From His Bio, Replaces With Zinonymous Sounds / Ese Eriata Fumbles On The Meaning Of B.Sc On International TV (Video) / Churchill Initiates A Nationwide Search For Tonto Dikeh And His Son, Andre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.