Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

An Invitation To The 2018 World Amputee Football Federation, A Milestone Achieve - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Invitation To The 2018 World Amputee Football Federation, A Milestone Achieve (223 Views)

100 Facts About The 2018 World Cup. / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Invitation To The 2018 World Amputee Football Federation, A Milestone Achieve by olamariamjonez(m): 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
Isah Suleiman, the President of Nigeria Amputee Football Federation (NAFF), has described the nation’s invitation to the 2018 World Amputee Football Federation (WAFF) organised World Cup as a milestone achievement.

Suleiman told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Lagos that the development was as a result of payment of outstanding affiliation fees of the nation to WAFF.

“The passion I have for amputee football and the efforts to bring the sport to light at national and international events has started manifesting, and I feel so happy that its happening within this short period.

“This is the beginning of many good things to come as a form of reshaping poor state of this great sport and lives of the footballer that were practically neglected.

“The journey to this achievement was not easy, but my happiness is that we have regained our membership with the parent body and will now be part of their activities,” he said.

He added that the participation in the World Cup would serve as an exposure to the footballers and opportunity to boost the nation’s profile at the global level.

“We are affiliated to WAFF, yet we have not registered our participation in the World Cup, I targeted it as a key project to ensure that we break that jinx.

“This is a good development in the right direction for our amputee footballers; I am sure that they are also happy and will remain committed in the sport,” he said.

(1) (Reply)

2018 World Cup: Super Eagles Land In Russia / BREAKING: Spain Sacks Coach, Julen Lopetegui A Day Before World Cup Begins / Video: Brazil 1 – 1 Switzerland (june-17-2018) World Cup Highlights.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.