Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? (7198 Views)

Poll: Need your honest comments

Send me an email: 100% (2 votes)
ring me a call: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Feminism: The True Colour / 30 Rules For A Woman To Have Successful Marriage / Cohabitation: A Recipe For Successful Marriage - Live Debate - Group B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Loveaflame(m): 7:47pm On May 31, 2010
So many broken homes,broken hearts and shattered dreams.Many lived in The fairy tale world until they came face to face with the harsh realities of the marriage institution.The havocs in so many marriages call for urgent attention on the part of the Romeos and Juliets who are yet to tie the knot.What are the true virtues for a  successful marriage?
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Onchedu(m): 7:56pm On May 31, 2010
Righteousness
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Mbeki: 8:12pm On May 31, 2010
DO UNTO YOUR SPOUSE AS YOU WOULD HAVE HER/HIM DO UNTO YOU.

But there are no perfect human on earth, we only have humans with perfect intentions.
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 31, 2010
@poster
it all depends on what your idea of a successful marriage is:

- if you think that a wife who will do and execute as she is told is a successful marriage then OBEDIENCE will be the virtue needed.
- if you think that a wife who is not afraid to tell her husband anything IS a successful marriage then HONESTY will be the virtue needed.
- if you think that a wife who lets her husband go clubbing with his mates is a successful marriage then TRUST will be the virtue needed.
- if you think that a wife who can stay faithful for yrs while you work abroad is a successful marriage then FIDELITY will be the virtue needed.
-if you think that a wife who give all her money to husband is a successful marriage then GENEROSITY is what you are looking for.(beware, some can view that as the virtue of STUPIDITY)

the list is endless but you surely catch my drift. lol!

1 Like

Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Mudley313: 10:12pm On May 31, 2010
What are the true virtues for a  successful marriage?

Love
Commitment
Trust
Understanding
Sincerity
Cooperation
Communication

etc
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by ezego3(m): 11:52am On Jun 01, 2010
Love is the greatest of all end of.
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Ranoscky(m): 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2010
Understanding lo mata! (yoruba language)

1 Like

Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by taosola(m): 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2010
Onchedu:

Righteousness

YES! With TOTAL TOLERANCE
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Teminio: 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2010
Mutual respect, Openness and Communication
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Fancier(f): 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
Love

Tolerance

Trust

Understanding
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by firebrand: 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2010
-LOVE
-TOLERANCE
-PATIENCE
-UNDERSTANDING
-FAITHFULNESS
-HONESTY
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Spyker: 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2010
It all boils down to these two:"TOLERANCE and PATIENCE".
It is not lack of love that makes marriages to collapse nor is it unfaithfulness. Rather, it is couples that are tolerant and patient that reap the fruit called success in marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Mudley313: 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
Insert Quote
Righteousness

If righteousness was that important Benny Hinn wouldn't have been divorced by now
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Pimpmaster: 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2010
also more info about the new PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY>>>>>
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by coschuks(m): 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2010
how can i change to different channels from 2 televisions respectively which are connected to one decoder instead of changing channels from the decoder itself?.
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by ud4u: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2010
lover covereth multitude of sin
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by bisiaet: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2010
Love
Commitment
Trust
Understanding
Sincerity
Cooperation
Communication[quote][/quote]

Real Point
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by MissyB1(m): 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2010
Who else can best primp this question with a beautiful and valid answer but one who's in a successful marriage?!

In ma Opinion . . . . .
Tolerance [A great quantity of this]
God's favour/ blessing
Two minds working very hard to ensure its success.

Then again, What's a successful marriage? undecided
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Tarmpa: 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
it all depends on what your idea of a successful marriage is:

- if you think that a wife who will do and execute as she is told is a successful marriage then OBEDIENCE will be the virtue needed.
- if you think that a wife who is not afraid to tell her husband anything IS a successful marriage then HONESTY will be the virtue needed.
- if you think that a wife who lets her husband go clubbing with his mates is a successful marriage then TRUST will be the virtue needed.
- if you think that a wife who can stay faithful for yrs while you work abroad is a successful marriage then FIDELITY will be the virtue needed.
-if you think that a wife who give all her money to husband is a successful marriage then GENEROSITY is what you are looking for.(beware, some can view that as the virtue of STUPIDITY)

the list is endless but you surely catch my drift. lol!

GREAT!, & above all,there must be "LOVE & UNITY" without which,Obedience, honesty,trust, fidelity,generosity,etc will never be possible.
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by sayso: 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2010
the answer is relative to person(s).mt is respect.
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Outstrip(f): 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
Mutual respect. If there is anything you do not want done to you then do not do it to your spouse. Do not take each other for granted. There is nothing like woman's work or man's work. If your husband is having a hectic month at work and the grass needs mowing then get the mower out there and mow (I will personally just pay someone to do it LOL). If your wife does not feel like cooking dinner then you cook it or round up your wife and kids and go eat out. Marriage is give and take not TAKE TAKE TAKE. Selfishness has no place in a marriage. It is not about YOU. It is about the family unit
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by chivitek: 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2010
HI u always talk about mariage, re u married
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2010
Lots of sex
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by chika98: 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2010
Marry a like minded man/woman.
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Prettyeyez(f): 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2010
what is marriage?

Simply put, it is two forgivers living together as one. End of Story, smiley
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2010
To add to the list.

Conflict Resolution ---- The couples must avoid involving third party during conflicts/differences and learn to resolve them on their own.
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by topkin(m): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
Just 3 words: Trust, Tolerance & Love Q.E.D
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2010
@top-kin WORD.

You just read ma mind, that is the key point.
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Kabikala(m): 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
The  most important quality for a successful marriage is selflessness.
Most of the issues that create problems arise out of each party wanting to advance its own interest.
When both partners are ready to think of their own interests less, and their partner's interest more, success is more certain.
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
THE G-FACTOR(GOD)
MONEY
GOOD INTIMACY.
Every other thing can come behind.
Before u disagree with me, the 3 above are a common denominator for all of us, black, white or yellow.
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by tjskii(f): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2010
i think communication is the key,once u and your spouse are able to talk through issues,then your marriage is secure. A lot of relationships die because partners would rather keep malice or give each other the silent treatment, than communicate cry cry really very sad, im presently going through the silent treatment phase now and im beginning to wonder if he really is the one,thankfully we aren't married yet,so, anything can still happen
Re: What Are The True Virtues For A Successful Marriage? by sandee575(f): 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2010
Compatibility

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me / I Caught My House Maid Breastfeeding My Child...please HELP! / "I Started Having Sex With My Daughter Because I'm Not Her Biological Father"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.