Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Friends Without Benefits? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Friends Without Benefits? (410 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Friends Without Benefits? by kunlesehan(m): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2018
She, met him while she was in school. Things were tough at home. He, was a business man. They met at a party. He took an interest in her. He started supporting her.

He was married. She had a boyfriend. It was just a friendship. He paid for her project. Assisted with her Youth Service. Was there for her financially and otherwise.

Then one day he made a romantic play for her. She told him gently that she saw him as a father not a lover. That she wanted it to stay platonic.

He agreed. She introduced him to her current boyfriend. And the next.

She complained about her job. She needed him to assist with another. He set up an interview for her. She came to see him for financial help. He obliged and then he told her.

“Friendships are about mutual benefits. I, support you and attend to your needs. I, have needs too. Once in a while, you must attend to such as well, for us to both benefit from this friendship. I ask for “comfort” you say no. Yet, I have been introduced to three boys, by you. Did they not seek “comfort” with you, under the guise of proposed marriage? Did they assist you with a job, rent money, operation fees for your mom and all that? If, this relationship must continue, I must have something to benefit. Otherwise, when next you have a challenge, call the Red Cross!”

She told me he was not a kind man. I told her, I heard!
What can I say?

Culled from Mr. Akeju's collections

(1) (Reply)

Top Four Bestseller Books You Should Read. / Promote Your Book Trailer On Roku TV Book Channel To Get 14 Million Readers / Am Looking For My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.