Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,418 members, 7,819,510 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. (26662 Views)

Ajegunle Superstar Marvelous Benji Broke As Hell, Now Begs For 20 Naira To Smoke / Pasuma Set To Release Hip Hop Album / Artist's Pictures And Album Covers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Ibime(m): 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2010
chiogo:

LOL he coulda fooled me. tongue

hahahaha. . . . . I never thought Id see Canibus album cover on here. . .

Big Punisher. . . . Capital Punishment. . . . he used his own wife. . .

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2010
some of these album covers are plain funny grin grin

others wanna make you go,' seriously dude what the hell were you thinking?'
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2010
Lmao how did i miss that Big Pun Album cover!!!! sh*t got me like wtf!!!!
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2010
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by chiogo(f): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2010
I was gonna post that Big pun album cover but Idk. . .it's too. . .umm

That's his wife?? What a joke! The joke is on both of them. lol
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2010
They shoulda kept their private ish, private, she's not even sexy in that thing.
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by bkbabe97: 4:54am On Jun 08, 2010
Ibime:

hahahaha. . . . . I never thought Id see Canibus album cover on here. . .

Big Punisher. . . . Capital Punishment. . . . he used his own wife. . .

WRONG! THAT WAS NOT THE ALBUM COVER FOR CAPITAL PUNISHMENT! THIS IS THE  COVER FOR CAPITAL PUNISHMENT BELOW:

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Ibime(m): 6:00am On Jun 08, 2010
bk/babe97:

WRONG! THAT WAS NOT THE ALBUM COVER FOR CAPITAL PUNISHMENT! THIS IS THE  COVER FOR CAPITAL PUNISHMENT BELOW:

Wrong. . . . .Capital Punishment had 2 covers. . . just like Eminem new album Recovery has 2 covers. . .
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by bkbabe97: 8:29am On Jun 08, 2010
Ibime:

Wrong. . . . .Capital Punishment had 2 covers. . . just like Eminem new album Recovery has 2 covers. . .

Oh yeah, ure right. that wasnt his wife tho!
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by rapjunkie(m): 9:18am On Jun 08, 2010
bk/babe97:

thats what i thought. . . . . . .i never ever ever saw the other big pun cover for capital punishment
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2010
Capital punishment had 2 covers, if i remember correctly.
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by bkbabe97: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2010
I asked 3 of my boys  and 2 vehemently said there was two covers. I always thot the "statue of Liberty" one was the boot-leg copy, or a single or something. But, what do I know. . . .
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by skfa1: 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2010
Crazy Covers grin
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Ibime(m): 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2010
bk/babe97:

Oh yeah, ure right. that wasnt his wife tho!

Thats his wife, Lisa Rios. . . . I know everything about Big Pun there is to know. . .
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 10:07pm On Jun 08, 2010
^^^ Real talk. Thats the wife saw some documentary on Pun's family sometime last year, she has put on some maad weight.
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by bkbabe97: 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2010
Ibime:

Thats his wife, Lisa Rios. . . . I know everything about Big Pun there is to know. . .

Sure u do! One of the "dudes" I asked about the album cover was Linx and that was wut put an end to the discuss ova here. Emphatically: THAT IS NOT LIZ!
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 12:52am On Jun 09, 2010
Search for Liza Rios in google search images,
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by bkbabe97: 1:36am On Jun 09, 2010
shotster50:

shotster50:

Lol. I see where your mxing it up! This is one of those instances where u shouldnt believe everything u see on the internet (i.e Fifs "skinny" pixs).lol. Again, thats not her! Agreed she's put on some weight from ova the years, but even then. . . . I give u some pics (face foward for easy comparison), put them side by side with the model used in the Lady Liberty pics and tell me how they "remotely" look alike. Oh, I supplied u with some articles too.

P.S: I ALSO JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE ALBUM COVER WIT THE LADY LIBERTY WAS ONLY RELEASED IN EUROPE! THATS WHY WE NEVER SAW IT OUT HERE ON THE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT ALBUM!

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by bkbabe97: 3:41am On Jun 09, 2010
@ Shotster:

Once again, our favourite album cover analyst, Hip Hop Sam, has been sifting through his collection to find the most alarming and interesting pieces of LP artwork. He had this to say:

“This work depicts an eerily prophetic vision of post 9-11 America, and the global collapse of the banking system. Big Pun is cupping his hands over the huge boobs of a golden model dressed as a topless Statue of Liberty . She’s holding a golden turntable and the now infamous twin towers are in the back ground. Pun is protecting her modesty by holding jewels over her nips. This represents Pun’s desire to protect America from the dark forces of capitalism, and quite possibly his need to protect womankind from male oppression. If the observer observes REALLY closely, it is possible to make out some of the model’s finer crotch detail.”

Nice one, Hip Hop Sam.

http://www.interestment.co.uk/2008/12/24/album-covers-analysed-big-pun-capital-punishment/

******************** ******************** *************************** *******************

Big Pun, 'Capital Punishment'

"I knew that [Big Pun] was so talented, he was at the top of his game, but I knew that he had a physical problem. I started noticing while working with him, he was already showing signs of lacking breath. However, Pun was super committed. The concept of the album packaging was to represent every borough. We cast this girl to be the Statue of Liberty and painted her green; we went a little too creative. Pun comes to the studio and he's laughing, like, 'She looks like a green goblin. I don't want that. I want her to look sexy.' I think every guy who has that record talks about that girl, very curvaceous.

The cover itself was shot in front of Sue's Rendezvous [in Mt. Vernon, NY]. In the 90s, people were wearing the goggles Pun wore. It was more like the attire for hip-hop battle rap. You had the Helly Hansen rain jackets, the goggles, the skully, that flavor. It just looked beautiful because those goggles reflected the sky. I always made Pun look like the Punisher, bigger than life. There's no Latino that has come and claimed his throne. Rest in peace."

http://www.theboombox.com/2010/01/28/behind-the-scenes-of-five-classic-hip-hop-album-covers
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by chiogo(f): 4:37am On Jun 09, 2010
The woman is not his wife.

These were actually on the top 10 dope albums with wack covers list.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ BK, thanks for the info. That cover is tacky tho.
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by bkbabe97: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
Tacky? Thats all u got? That cover is worse that tacky. It is horrendous!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 11:46pm On Jun 09, 2010
Well in not so many words. Pun is the dude but damn, he could have done a lot better.
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 4:26am On Jan 22, 2011
Anyone got any more hilarious covers yet?
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Mobinga: 9:19am On Jan 22, 2011
Slaughterhouse EP. Releasing this february

I don't know where this is from

[img]http://3.bp..com/_52c-0hSB_Ww/TIWAt7GE6GI/AAAAAAAAADQ/e-wTvnloH0w/s1600/BMcretinEP.jpg[/img]
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 12:47am On Jan 27, 2011
^^^ That album cover is shiite tho lool.
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by chaktty: 1:39am On Oct 03, 2016
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2016
bump
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 11:59am On Nov 04, 2016
Yo Gotti’s ‘5 Star Chef’. Health and safety might beg to differ…

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
TyShon – ‘The Reincarnation’. Reincarnation as envisioned by someone with only a minor grasp of Windows 95’s Paint application.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ta Smallz – ‘Who Killed My Mama?!’
The art director did it!

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
Skillet & Leroy – ‘The Orka Eaters’.
Dear Lady Posing With Legs Akimbo, YOU’RE WORTH MORE THAN THIS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lyrics: Awww By Di'ja | Naija Lyrics Zone / Track By Two Of The Uniport Students Lynched / All Tracks On P-square's The Invasion Album available here (Best 2011 Album)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.