Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? (1288 Views)

Pictures Of Graduating University Of Abuja Students / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Graduating With Second Class Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by ChemicalMan: 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
Please fellow nairalanders I need help. I got a result I never bargained for in my year one, I'm a student of chemical engineering in Unizik, after my mat101 exam I was filled with fear because I didn't write well which was all my fault, though I read but I was overconfidence that year one is not that difficult only to meet the shock of my life in my exams.
Now the results have started coming out with FEG101 and MaT101. I just checked mine expecting to see at least B in FEG101 only to see FEG101 E and MAT101 F and these are 2 and 3 credit loads respectively.
As it stand now I have not been myself, I vowed to myself to leave this school with at least 2.1but now it's as if that plan has been shattered, I feel I have disappointed myself and my family, I couldn't imagined starting badly like this, I feel ashamed and confused, I have been thinking on what to do to correct this mess..
Please nairalanders, can I still get a good grade? If yes what should I do? I need your advice, I can't afford to leave this school with anything less than 2.1.
The FEG result is still a mystery to me because I wrote very well, seeing this kinda results have put fear in me about those not yet out..
If you had similar experience and later graduated well please tell me how you did it. I'm ready to correct my mistakes...thank you and God bless you

Please mods help a brother
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

I will not tell you a long story.

A friend of mine finished his 100level with 1.5 CGPA and still graduated with a strong 2.1.
You know what that means? Step up your hardwork.

I'm outta here!

☣ ☠

1 Like

Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by ChemicalMan: 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

I will not tell you a long story.

A friend of mine finished his 100level with 1.5 CGPA and still graduated with a strong 2.1.
You know what that means? Step up your hardwork.

I'm outta here!

☣ ☠

Seriousaly? That's wonderful.Though I won't be having anything less than 3.5 in my year one.

Thank you sir
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by ChemicalMan: 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nairalanders, you people should please help me, I need more advice . As it's now am devastated, I seriously don't know what to do, since I came back from school I have not been able to read nor eat because of how depressed I'm....

Plz Mods I beg you in Gods name, push this to front page for me, I believe the advice I need will come from here.. Plz help me
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by davbravo(m): 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
ChemicalMan:
Please fellow nairalanders I need help. I got a result I never bargained for in my year one, I'm a student of chemical engineering in Unizik, after my mat101 exam I was filled with fear because I didn't write well which was all my fault, though I read but I was overconfidence that year one is not that difficult only to meet the shock of my life in my exams.
Now the results have started coming out with FEG101 and MaT101. I just checked mine expecting to see at least B in FEG101 only to see FEG101 E and MAT101 F and these are 2 and 3 credit loads respectively.
As it stand now I have not been myself, I vowed to myself to leave this school with at least 2.1but now it's as if that plan has been shattered, I feel I have disappointed myself and my family, I couldn't imagined starting badly like this, I feel ashamed and confused, I have been thinking on what to do to correct this mess..
Please nairalanders, can I still get a good grade? If yes what should I do? I need your advice, I can't afford to leave this school with anything less than 2.1.
The FEG result is still a mystery to me because I wrote very well, seeing this kinda results have put fear in me about those not yet out..
If you had similar experience and later graduated well please tell me how you did it. I'm ready to correct my mistakes...thank you and God bless you

Please mods help a brother
This shouldn't get you scared, it should motivate you to work harder. You still have about 9 semesters left out of 10, so it's not too late... Try to identify where mistakes had been made and try to work on them.Try to put in more effort in your studies and I believe you can do it.
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by ChemicalMan: 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2018
davbravo:
This shouldn't get you scared, it should motivate you to work harder. You still have about 9 semesters left out of 10, so it's not too late... Try to identify where mistakes had been made and try to work on them.Try to put in more effort in your studies and I believe you can do it.
Thank you sir
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by davbravo(m): 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
ChemicalMan:
Thank you sir
You're welcome.
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by ChemicalMan: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
Chai.too bad. I was thinking by now I should have gotten enough advice based on experience, to think I hold this forum in high esteem when it comes to information and encouragement makes matters worse.
Imagine, this thread has 53views already with only two persons commenting..
Not that those that commented didn't comment well but I still need more based on experience please. It's as if the world is falling apart for me, I'm yet to believe this result, just imagining the damage this has caused to my CGP..
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by kennyjam: 8:46am On Jun 09, 2018
ChemicalMan:
Chai.too bad. I was thinking by now I should have gotten enough advice based on experience, to think I hold this forum in high esteem when it comes to information and encouragement makes matters worse.
Not that those that commented didn't comment well but I still need more based on experience please. It's as if the world is falling apart for me, I'm yet to believe this result, just imagining the damage this has caused to my CGP..

As long as It's mathematically possible, you can still graduate with your desired grade....

God bless

2 Likes

Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by DrayZee: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
ChemicalMan:
You can't expect everyone to come here and be saying the exact same thing.
Read harder. Since it's just your first semester, you still have hope. The thing is, the second semester WILL be much harder, so you're going to need to put effort beyond what you imagined putting before seeing my post.
Aim for a 5.0 GPA. It's not impossible to get. Read EFFECTIVELY. If you haven't covered your scheme the day before an exam, you can easily forfeit your sleep. Keep in mind that during your holiday, you can sleep all you want, so if getting an A means having no sleep, be prepared to pull an all-nighter.
Don't wait till tests or exams before you read. In all you do, ensure you maintain FOCUS on your goal for the semester and you'll make it.
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by ChemicalMan: 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
DrayZee:

You can't expect everyone to come here and be saying the exact same thing.
Read harder. Since it's just your first semester, you still have hope. The thing is, the second semester WILL be much harder, so you're going to need to put effort beyond what you imagined putting before seeing my post.
Aim for a 5.0 GPA. It's not impossible to get. Read EFFECTIVELY. If you haven't covered your scheme the day before an exam, you can easily forfeit your sleep. Keep in mind that during your holiday, you can sleep all you want, so if getting an A means having no sleep, be prepared to pull an all-nighter.
Don't wait till tests or exams before you read. In all you do, ensure you maintain FOCUS on your goal for the semester and you'll make it.
Thank you sir. I have noted everything you said here and I'm gonna put in all my best...
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by lilmax(m): 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
the ability to acknowledge that the fault is yours makes you 79% in achieving your goal

2 Likes

Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by Nobody: 1:32am On Jun 10, 2018
don't be too sad! and for the subsequents semester go the extra mile cause its never too crowded

1 Like

Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by Fearlez: 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
davbravo:
hi, are you in Unizik?
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by davbravo(m): 6:18am On Jun 13, 2018
Fearlez:
hi, are you in Unizik?
I'm not
Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hi, let me tell you a story, while in school I had a friend who started with a very low 2:2, almost on a third class but he eventually graduated with a very high 2:1. He did this after moving with myself and my friends. The truth is, 100 level and 200 level are the best times to define your grades. In these years your results can increase rapidly and they can also decrease rapidly. So do not lose hope and there is still so much that can be done.

What you honestly need is this:

1. Work extremely hard and avoid anything less than a C. Also limit the number of C's you have.

2. Prioritize courses with higher units over courses with lower units. The biggest mistake you can make is getting a C in a 3 or 4 unit course and A in a 1 Unit course.

3. Change your friends and move with students doing well, it greatly influences you. I graduated with a first class and I must say my friends were my saving grace. I didn't start with a first class.

4. Glance through your notes after every class and try to find out what the people who got high scores on those exams you failed wrote. Study how they answered questions as different lecturers have different things they are looking for.
There is an amazing and detailed article here that can help you graduate with a first class or at least a 2:1 in Nigeria, if you started badly. This is the link: http://mobizone.ng/graduate-21-first-class-bad-start/
ChemicalMan:
Nairalanders, you people should please help me, I need more advice. As it's now am devastated, I seriously don't know what to do, since I came back from school I have not been able to read nor eat because of how depressed I'm....

Plz Mods I beg you in Gods name, push this to front page for me, I believe the advice I need will come from here.. Plz help me

1 Like

Re: Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? by ChemicalMan: 10:02am On Jun 14, 2018
faithmoyosore:
Hi, let me tell you a story, while in school I had a friend who started with a very low 2:2, almost on a third class but he eventually graduated with a very high 2:1. He did this after moving with myself and my friends. The truth is, 100 level and 200 level are the best times to define your grades. In these years your results can increase rapidly and they can also decrease rapidly. So do not lose hope and there is still so much that can be done.

What you honestly need is this:

1. Work extremely hard and avoid anything less than a C. Also limit the number of C's you have.

2. Prioritize courses with higher units over courses with lower units. The biggest mistake you can make is getting a C in a 3 or 4 unit course and A in a 1 Unit course.

3. Change your friends and move with students doing well, it greatly influences you. I graduated with a first class and I must say my friends were my saving grace. I didn't start with a first class.

4. Glance through your notes after every class and try to find out what the people who got high scores on those exams you failed wrote. Study how they answered questions as different lecturers have different things they are looking for.
There is an amazing and detailed article here that can help you graduate with a first class or at least a 2:1 in Nigeria, if you started badly. This is the link: http://mobizone.ng/graduate-21-first-class-bad-start/
Wow..than you so much, I'm greatly encouraged

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State University Defiles ASUU, Set To Resume For 2018/2019 Session / Is It Called Waybill Or A Manifest? Can Waybill Be Used As A Verb To Mean SEND? / JAMB/UTME 2019: Update Your Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.