Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread (38109 Views)

Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by samodan(m): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
kolatunez:

1GB ram is OK, a bit small but OK.where do you want to see a 3GB ram phone at 36k.Except all this brand that don't have names.even if tecno put 2GB ram on the phone which they already have,you people will look for another fault. I'm very if the 2GB variant was 36k.y'all will start attacking the processor.that it is too outdated

1GB RAM is not OK.
2GB RAM is mediocre for such a recent android version

But since it's low-end, 2GB RAM should be the start point.
The price will be higher, yes

It's better than lower prices with crappy bricks everywhere

And yeah, you right, if it's not the RAM, we'll attack tbe processor.

Because with Tecno and Infinix, there's always a lot to attack
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by samodan(m): 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
Freelancerx:
Runs on Android Go. Made for low capacity phones. It will actually work fine. My concern is lack of 4G.

Yeah Android go is meant for low speced phones
But this isn't running anything near Android Go.

They'll surely strip down some elements of the UI, but it's just not enough
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by TheUbermensch: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
nonichuks:

Nokia 2 is an amazing phone for its price but like Spark 2, they cut a lot of corners to keep price down.

1. 5 inch HD display with oldschool 2D glass. the upside, it's gorilla glass 3.

2. The cheapest snapdragon chipset, the upside is it's snapdragon and costs more than MTK 6580.

3. 8GB internal storage, upside being keeping the price down.

4. 1GB RAM, upside to keep price down

4. 8+5MP camera, again price as the upside.

5. Design, the biggest downside for me coz it looks like this

Bruh the camera is not your average typa.

My only grievance with this phone of a truth is the internal memory.

Plus you forgot the battery.
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by KendrickAyomide: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
henry007:

I didn't buy
oh okay cool
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by samodan(m): 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
Freelancerx:
There's nothing wrong with a 1GB RAM device. Y'all be making it sound like it's a disease. Some people are not heavy users.

It's a disease o.
Do you know how frustrating it is to leave chrome to go reply someone on WhatsApp, only to come back and have to reload the page

Or you watching a movie on MXplayer
You go to Whatsapp to reply someone and 'fiam,' MX player restarts totally, you have to goan look for the movie you were just watching (if you don't know about the button that plays the last watched video)

And these are just light weight stuff o

How about the lags everywhere
You tap the home key and wait for about 2 or 3 seconds for the action to occur

And shii laidat

It's a disease o abeg

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by nonichuks: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
samodan:

It's a disease o.
Do you know how frustrating it is to leave chrome to go reply someone on WhatsApp, only to come back and have to reload the page

Or you watching a movie on MXplayer
You go to Whatsapp to reply someone and 'fiam,' MX player restarts totally, you have to goan look for the movie you were just watching (if you don't know about the button that plays the last watched video)

And these are just light weight stuff o

How about the lags everywhere
You tap the home key and wait for about 2 or 3 seconds for the action to occur

And shii laidat

It's a disease o abeg

Ever heard of Android Oreo Go Edition? 1GB ram can handle 2 social media apps at the same time(splitscreen) so how won't you be able to leave your video/chat app to attend to another lite app?

If you're running a game and then you want to leave to go and do other stuff, even 2GB ram isn't enough. Games just close to optimize battery.

Running games while running anything else at the same time is what kills battery the most.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by samodan(m): 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
nonichuks:

Lol i laugh in Nokia 2.1. All join abeg.

He he he
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by samodan(m): 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
nonichuks:

Ever heard of Android Oreo Go Edition? 1GB ram can handle 2 social media apps at the same time(splitscreen) so how won't you be able to leave your video/chat app to attend to another lite app?

If you're running a game and then you want to leave to go and do other stuff, even 2GB ram isn't enough. Games just close to optimize battery.

Running games while running anything else at the same time is what kills battery the most.

Ok,
First, this is not Android Go

Then, 2GB RAM isn't even enough but it is 2 times less shitty than 1GB RAM

Isn't that a step better?
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by nonichuks: 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Bruh the camera is not your average typa.

My only grievance with this phone of a truth is the internal memory.

Plus you forgot the battery.

Battery is all good. Part of what makes the Nokia 2 amazing.

I forgot something i can't live without tho, no fingerprint sensor.

How much would it have cost them?

To me, face ID is crap compared to fingerprint sensor.
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by nonichuks: 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
samodan:

Ok,
First, this is not Android Go

Then, 2GB RAM isn't even enough but it is 2 times less shitty than 1GB RAM

Isn't that a step better?

Spark 2 uses android Oreo Go edition. Google it.

Read about it https://www.android.com/versions/oreo-8-0/go-edition/

The catch is that phones with 2GB ram don't need to run on Android Go edition but 1GB ram phones do.

I wish someone could do ram management test to find it if the difference is so so much.
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by TheUbermensch: 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
nonichuks:

Battery is all good. Part of what makes the Nokia 2 amazing.

I forgot something i can't live without tho, no fingerprint sensor.

How much would it have cost them?

To me, face ID is crap compared to fingerprint sensor.

The fingerprint sensor put me off too. Honestly. I wanted to get the Spark that day but I just figured the battery plus 4G is an advantage. 4G I've never used.

Thinking of upgrading to the Nokia 5
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by nonichuks: 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheUbermensch:

The fingerprint sensor put me off too. Honestly. I wanted to get the Spark that day but I just figured the battery plus 4G is an advantage. 4G I've never used.

Thinking of upgrading to the Nokia 5

Can't live without 4G. Also can't kill my battery with mobile data.... haven't used mobile data since 2014. I'm team MiFi/small phone for hotspot.

When i discovered the difference between using mobile data and running miFi especially with bad network areas like south south, i stopped using mobile data.
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by TheUbermensch: 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
nonichuks:

Can't live without 4G. Also can't kill my battery with mobile data.... haven't used mobile data since 2014. I'm team MiFi/small phone for hotspot.

When i discovered the difference between using mobile data and running miFi especially with bad network areas like south south, i stopped using mobile data.

Enlighten me bruh. @emboldened.
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by nonichuks: 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Enlighten me bruh. @emboldened.

Those days we use 2 batteries before 6PM because press press without stoppage. After free WiFi neighbor moved in, suddenly one battery is reaching 4PM, sometimes 5PM. Discovered the network just makes the phone warm. Same phone was now running cool after hours of pressing. Omo when i upgraded to android, my BB became a hotspot fone and later android became the hotspot phone Paired with MTN MB cheat of course, those were the good old days grin

Seems like it's not the case in Lagos, everywhere has good network and all angry
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by TheUbermensch: 10:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
nonichuks:

Those days we use 2 batteries before 6PM because press press without stoppage. After free WiFi neighbor moved in, suddenly one battery is reaching 4PM, sometimes 5PM. Discovered the network just makes the phone warm. Same phone was now running cool after hours of pressing. Omo when i upgraded to android, my BB became a hotspot fone and later android became the hotspot phone Paired with MTN MB cheat of course, those were the good old days grin

Seems like it's not the case in Lagos, everywhere has good network and all angry

Lol. I should try that sometime.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
CRAP!!!
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by kolatunez: 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
samodan:

1GB RAM is not OK.
2GB RAM is mediocre for such a recent android version

But since it's low-end, 2GB RAM should be the start point.
The price will be higher, yes

It's better than lower prices with crappy bricks everywhere

And yeah, you right, if it's not the RAM, we'll attack tbe processor.

Because with Tecno and Infinix, there's always a lot to attack

I don't think any other phone brand receives as much hate as tecno/Infinix.what abt the mighty Samsung and iPhone .....no there's nothing to attack in Samsung and iPhone,not the fact that they have the worst batteries or that they are bloody expensive.No Samsung/iPhone can never go wrong.but tecno and Infinix can.The truth is,Tecno/infinix are not dumb.they can't make the perfect phone.....market strategy,there has to be a downside to each phone. If you're all complaining,Go and make your own phone.

5 Likes

Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by samodan(m): 12:46am On Jun 11, 2018
kolatunez:

I don't think any other phone brand receives as much hate as tecno/Infinix.what abt the mighty Samsung and iPhone .....no there's nothing to attack in Samsung and iPhone,not the fact that they have the worst batteries or that they are bloody expensive.No Samsung/iPhone can never go wrong.but tecno and Infinix can.The truth is,Tecno/infinix are not dumb.they can't make the perfect phone.....market strategy,there has to be a downside to each phone. If you're all complaining,Go and make your own phone.

He he he, Tecno already makes phones with 4GBs of RAM

So RAM and CPU shouldn't be too much of a problem for them

And I'm sure you don't know what you're saying about Samsung's batteries, one of the worst?

I give up
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by samodan(m): 12:51am On Jun 11, 2018
nonichuks:

Spark 2 uses android Oreo Go edition. Google it.

Read about it https://www.android.com/versions/oreo-8-0/go-edition/

The catch is that phones with 2GB ram don't need to run on Android Go edition but 1GB ram phones do.

I wish someone could do ram management test to find it if the difference is so so much.

Oh, no wonder, sorry about that
Didn't know it ran Android Go
No wonder you kept saying it.

Well, let's be looking.
That might just decrap the phone a bit
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by Queennette(f): 1:14am On Jun 11, 2018
I can't even comman kill myself for these people saying the phone is trash. With this kind of unboxing, and that price, i'm willing to try. Tecno helps people like us that want good devices but don't have plenty money. So, biko, let the spoilers calm down on this one. 1GB RAM isn't so bad as y'all claim.
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by ddjay: 8:47am On Jun 11, 2018
Lionbite:
So this is the trash I've been waiting for? No 4G, 1gb ram, like seriously? In 2018? This tecno bullsh1t is a joke
oga small small na,ds na for people wey fit afford am. you na chairman na,i can see u rocking your Samsung s9+,as u enjoy, leave ds one for poor man
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by kolatunez: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2018
samodan:

He he he, Tecno already makes phones with 4GBs of RAM

So RAM and CPU shouldn't be too much of a problem for them

And I'm sure you don't know what you're saying about Samsung's batteries, one of the worst?

I give up

I know Samsung batteries. they are 3500mah and below.only once in a while,their phones pass 3500mah.but in the category of batteries I was referring more to iphones.
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by sureinfo: 11:41am On Jun 11, 2018
i heard there is a 2gb RAM version of the spark 2

1 Like

Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by tafat: 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
nice review, great device this spark 2 is

1 Like

Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:31am On Jun 12, 2018
Brilliant
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by KendrickAyomide: 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
i wan buy this phone right now. Jumia is unreliable. i Go put hand for the money now.
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 8:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
i wan buy this phone right now. Jumia is unreliable. i Go put hand for the money now.

So if you want to get a phone today today, you don't know where to go?
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by KendrickAyomide: 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
henry007:

So if you want to get a phone today today, you don't know where to go?
am in Benin. and omeqatron is the best. They didn't even have pouvoir 2 wen i followed my friend to get a phone last week. I'll call slot tomorrow. the rest are learning how to sell phones
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
am in Benin. and omeqatron is the best. They didn't even have pouvoir 2 wen i followed my friend to get a phone last week. I'll call slot tomorrow. the rest are learning how to sell phones

Is Jumia in Benin?
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by KendrickAyomide: 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
henry007:

Is Jumia in Benin?
yeah. they have Two offices. in sapele road and near UNIBEN. they usually bring from Lagos

1 Like

Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 3:50am On Jun 17, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
yeah. they have Two offices. in sapele road and near UNIBEN. they usually bring from Lagos

I had no idea that they were outside Lagos cool
Re: TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread by Behankey(m): 8:15am On Jun 17, 2018
Lionbite:
So this is the trash I've been waiting for? No 4G, 1gb ram, like seriously? In 2018? This tecno bullsh1t is a joke
Because u can't use it doesn't mean it doesn't fit what others want. It's a budget phone I'm sure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Twitter Users Blasts MTN / VERY HILARIOUS... Which Of These Would You Do First? / 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.