Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp (38126 Views)

7 Things You Never Knew You Could Do With Whatsapp / Things You Never Knew About Whatsapp Messenger / 7 Things Affecting Battery And Data Life On Your Android & How To Manage Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by baseg25(m): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
WhatsApp Messenger is a proprietary, cross-platform instant messaging subscription service for smartphones and selected feature phones that uses the Internet for communication. In addition to text messaging, users can send each other images, video, and audio media messages as well as their location using integrated mapping features.
Whatsapp is said to be the most widely used instant messaging application outside Asia and it’s interesting to note is the most widely used instant messaging you would swear it has no downsides, negatives or has atleast given users more freedom around security and privacy..
But you some people do overdo or don't even know how to use it, especially when will talk about selfie and the rest.

Adding friends

This is one the thing i dislike about whatsapp...i just don't like it when everyone who has my numbers can automatically add me.i know most of you reading this now will disagree with me but I am simply saying there is nothing as irritating as the inability to determine who can connect with you and how. Whilst some people can argue that you have the option to block people, a lot of people I have blocked have either resurfaced on a new number which either embarrassed me because people I blocked asked me the question “Why did you block me” or I felt infringed further by the same people I am trying not to connect with forcing themselves into my life without my consent. Blocking all the time can be a daunting task. Imagine how a simple friend request would simplify things.

limit to the number of Group

There would be a limit to the number of groups one can be a part of for the sheer sanity reasons. Groups like ‘can’t stand these cousins group’ ‘we were in college together group’ ‘old school group’ ‘daughter’s friends’ mothers’ group’ ‘son’s classmates’ mothers’ group’ ‘son’s hobby class’ mothers’ group’ ‘and ‘we’ll soon figure out what the hell you are doing in this group’ will have to show 10 messages every individual every week to renew their membership into the group.

Online Activity

Unlike im like 2go , and the rest , whatsapp don't allow you to choose when I want to be visible and when I just need sometime to talk to that one person whether my friend , gf , or mother without having to chat with the whole world or give people that excuse I dread the most “Sorry I am busy now let’s talk later” It would be nice to have a feature that allows one to be invisible or away (Take a leaf from Skype already) . Some will even argue that there is a ” hide last seen activity” this feature is only useful if you not active on Whatsapp

Time stamp

Whatsapp “time-stamp” your last online status. This is the most annoying privacy-intrusive function! I have no idea why the developer wants to include such a feature. But it is a disturbing tool for stalkers to track one’s availability. You can disable the “time-stamp” function but the app will still reveal your online and offline status. Without you knowing, anyone can check if you are active or not. This function is stupid and should be disable permanently.

Don’t allow me to send a message when I am not connected to Internet

Why WhatsApp assumes, I should not write message when its not connected to internet? Why should I wait until I got Internet connection? I might want to write a message and post it, whenever my iPhone get connected to internet, it should send automatically. Its really annoying feature (read failure).

Automatic downloading of photos

WhatsApp application for iPhone downloads the photos and videos without any instruction and the worst part is it doesn’t have any option to set it. Some intelligent people argue that, there is an option in WhatsApp to turn off automatic savings of media to gallery, but wait… it only prevents photos to be saved in gallery, but still it continues to download automatically and stores into WhatsApp's gallery, which you can access through contact’s “View all media” option.

Whatsapp: The merciless battery drainer

In country like Nigeria that power supply is absolutely zero, You don’t check your phone much. And your phone shouts “Please connect your charger” about 3 times a day along with some 500 whatsapps :/
NOW TO YOU

I know you may disagree with 7 reasons above. it is true that life just feels incomplete without WhatsApp!!!... Any suggestion , comment , or the reason why you also hate whatsapp.. please let us know by using our comment box.

source : http://techcribng.com/hates-about-whatsapp/

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Beesluv: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
grin so on point

No. 2 &3 will help reduce the rate of lying like:

I don't have money to subscribe, pls send me credit
My battery is down
I've been busy
Network is not allowing me to log in

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by olagockay(m): 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Lol. If u can't beam 'em, join 'em

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
do not knw abt u but my whatapp does not drain my battery

17 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Wittylens(m): 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
Whatsapp? Is that the name of an animal Or.......?

There is nothing like whatsapp here in france

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by moneymaker24(m): 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
BBM still rocks over whatsapp anytime, anyday. The only reason whatsapp is that famous is because of java and symbian phone users and maybe, it's lil flexibility.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by moneymaker24(m): 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Wittylens:
Whatsapp? Is that the name of an animal Or.......?

There is nothing like whatsapp here in france

It's a NOUN tongue
Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Joshkid(m): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
Exactly! :DDamn cOrrect!
Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by holatin(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
Dats true and dat why I told you all to stop using WHATSAPP and start using WHYSAPP

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by omanifrank(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
yea
Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by paleo(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
That's true. I hope they improve on their service.

1 Share

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by allisonluvsu(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
Good write up bro. You have your block button activated. Secondly, use ur settings properly and you will have no issue with automatic download of photos. Thirdly, if all the contacts on your mobile phone is useful, then you will not be thinking of blocking some persons.Thirdly, that is the more reason you should buy a power bank from either konga or Jumia now it is cheaper, atleast 1k will save your power for the whole day. Fouthly, i have observed that those that often send messages to too many women/girls complain alot about whatsapp eating the battery span up.Lastly, you can not get everything you want coz the app was not only designed to meet 100% user want. You simply opt in or you opt out. The choice is yours.

Conclusion: With this few points of mine, i hope i have been able to convince you that Whatsapp is a great messaging app for matured people. If not, try 2go. Thank you

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Anaskie(m): 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
I hate the fact that you can't add or delete friends. They should have at least provided a friend request feature.

Whatsapp makes it very easy for people to stalk you.
Some of them wouldn't even chat with you. They'd just stay and be stealing all your dp's. Only God knows what they do with it.

I call them monitoring spirits angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by lilbazy(m): 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
At least whasApp is better than 2go where kids 'll be telling you if you need nude pics,you should send them #50mtn card!!! Its really disgusting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by ellechrystal(f): 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
Draining battery, downloading pics anyhow n not having visibility options dey annoy me like crazy.
Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Vadel(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
you may be right...but I still prefer BBM
Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
That's why i had to un-install it! Random people i don't want on my list, even some family members too lipsrsealed, kik rocks for me.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Rexnegro(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
Op I didn't read ur epistle o but to me with all due respect whatsapp make sense scatta , the only tin I don't like is the frequent update popping so often .

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Babaneh(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Right though but i think you should go a step furher to create a better application with same features as whatsapp.... undecided

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by priscaoge(f): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Lol cheesy cheesy....A man invented Whatsapp and his wife introduced "Last Seen " but forgot to add "Last Seen With" angry angry angry...We 4 de catch all dem Cheaters embarassed embarassed

7 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by adedam007(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Frontpage!!!!
Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by plumule(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
really
Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Osyxcel(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
It's still the best out there though.

The last three points are not true.
Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by DrGill(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
@Op...u re talkin abt Whatsapp on Iphone, dont u knw anytin I-shit re bullshit...Whatsapp rocks, i gat no ish wit it..abt d whatsapp group vibration, dats a capital lie(maybe coz u re usin iphone) but on android u can mute d group or exit nd enter back wen u feel lyk... u ought to change d topic to 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp on Iphone..dont generalise..
#peace out

5 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by ALKARULEZ615(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Those are the reasons why I LIKE it

btw, e nor dae drain ma ba3 shaa...... May be na Nokia-Asha OP dey use

#WHATSAPP make sense finish

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Kanyol(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Whatssap is better than BBM. Each update introduces a new stuff, but BBM doesn't change. It rather gets worse. My opinion, though

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by kilokeys(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
.. i love whatsapp anyway

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by ochejagabriel: 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
I love whatsapp very well oo
but then

11 Likes

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Iniotong(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
It still rocks

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Richiy(f): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
Everything has a space for improvement.
Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by Dreyl(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
Whatsapp is still the best tho no rival.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Everyone Hates About Whatsapp by major466(m): 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
Interestingly, I don't find the 7 listed items irritating. My major gruss with Whatapp is the unending updates on the app by the developers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VERY HILARIOUS... Which Of These Would You Do First? / Less Than N30,000 Quality Android Smartphones In 2018 / Internet Plan You Are Currently Using On Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.