Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title (13423 Views)

Lionel Messi Beats Lebron James As The Most Marketable Athlete In The World / Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals / Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by dfrost: 11:11am On Jun 09, 2018
peterphd:

He was swept by San Antonio spurs in '07

Your fact is a fact bruh. James wey run commot for Cavs back then because of the massive beating. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by vuc1(m): 11:19am On Jun 09, 2018
EmekusTHEgreat:
James is still king
I like the guy's moves he is a legend.
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by purplekayc(m): 11:25am On Jun 09, 2018
He's probably leaving the cavs next season
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Cheny(m): 11:44am On Jun 09, 2018
Even when 2 of the 4 all stars are having an off-day,the other 2 will make up for the team because they have what is called teamwork despite individual talents. KD,Curry,Klay Thompson & Draymond green are all genius at what they do,but they never forget team-play.
Such a delight to watch these 4 guys along with McGee,Iguadoala and they rest and with a brilliant Coach too.

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Reussite: 11:47am On Jun 09, 2018
LJ should please leave the Cavaliers. He shoulda known he alone can't beat a team comprising SC, KD, DG those guys deliver 3 pointers like child's play. Rockets would be a berra place to go. I can state confidently if he joins the Rockets, GSW would become second fiddle.
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by oluwaahmed: 11:57am On Jun 09, 2018
dfrost:

My brother you sabi the game jare. SC had to make sure it wasn't all about him. KD really upped his game between last year and this year. Guy be dunking 3 pointers like Germans on beer.

I swear SC made 3 impossible 3 pointers, one was on KJs head.
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by hkidola00(m): 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
adekayo1234:
The highest I have come to know about NBA is playing the game on my phone... Sweet game grin grin
good please which one do you play, I mean which NBA on phone do u play
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Chukazu: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
oluwaahmed:

Their problem is not more world class stars, their problem is playing as a team or relying heavily on KJ to deliver them. Look at the Houston team, James Harden though A Star played with the rest of his team mates that almost knocked out GSW. KD was in Oklahoma Thunder with Russell Westbrook but Russel was so selfish that they won nothing and KD left him to GSW. Have u watched GSW play almost everyone can shoot a 3 pointer from everywhere. To make it in d finals everyone has to get good, then The Star players distract the opposition while the rest of their team mates do the rest.

And where did James Harden's Team work lead to?

Where did Boston Celtic's team work lead to ?

One can never underestimate the importance of having a "deep bench " in the NBA and that is what the Warriors have above other teams
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by darkelf: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
shamecurls:
GSW just too hot to handle.

An humiliating final.

A KD&SC just too wow.

So sorry for LeBron...

And SC is the real MVP and not KD

Reason he didn.t win was because he scored just 11 points in game 3

See man, one has got to be consistent in the finals.

A look at KDs stats shows just how good he was in the finals.

28.8 ppg, 10.5 rpg and 7.5apg

Bro, that's a double double and almost a triple double

1 Like

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by darkelf: 1:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
KAM3KAZI:
Warriors have done again!!

I'm sure this wouldn't have happened if cavs let Kyrie go tongue

You think so bro?

When Kyrie was there, they could only manage 1 win in a 5 game finals series.

They still got swept (4-1)

Besides, there was already a little friction between bron and kyrie
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by darkelf: 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2018
Alejoc:
Golden State fast becoming the Real Madrid of NBA... Smartwork plus deep pockets to bring in the best always pays

I wouldn't say they have a whole lot of money. I felt they just had the right kinda management from the owner to the GM and their genius coach Steve Kerr.

Besides, there is always a salary cap in the NBA and the warriors almost paid dearly for bringing in KD. There was a time this season when they wwere loosing games due to a poor bench
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by darkelf: 1:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
kingkuntaval:
LeBron will probably leave the Cavs, Atlanta or Houston his likely destinations. Smith's debacle in game 1 really set the tone for the rest of the series. 'Bron is heavily overburdened by rest of the Cavs roster, but it doesn't change the fact the he remains the GOAT. Regardless, big ups to the Warriors.#StrengthInNumbers.

Will be scary bro. Might even end GSW's domination
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by darkelf: 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
Cheny:
Even when 2 of the 4 all stars are having an off-day,the other 2 will make up for the team because they have what is called teamwork despite individual talents. KD,Curry,Klay Thompson & Draymond green are all genius at what they do,but they never forget team-play.
Such a delight to watch these 4 guys along with McGee,Iguadoala and they rest and with a brilliant Coach too.

Don't forget the upcoming defence juggernaut Jordan Bell and also David west.

1 Like

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Curry30: 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
LeBron needs a better supporting cast and an Allstar calibre player around him.

I will suggest he goes to Houston, team up with Harden and CP3.

The East is too weak to begin with, only Boston pose a threat.

Finally, NBA is rigged towards GSW...fans love 3pt shooting teams and GSW does that best.
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Follygunners: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
Curry30:
LeBron needs a better supporting cast and an Allstar calibre player around him.

I will suggest he goes to Houston, team up with Harden and CP3.

The East is too weak to begin with, only Boston pose a threat.

Finally, NBA is rigged towards GSW
...fans love 3pt shooting teams and GSW does that best.

You're wrong abt the bolded. The Warriors won on merit. They're the best team in the league. Simple
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Curry30: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2018
Follygunners:

You're wrong abt the bolded. The Warriors won on merit. They're the best team in the league. Simple

Did you watch the WC Finals? Houston vs GSW? Officials do favor the Warriors. Every fan wants to see the Curry 3pt show. Imagine the Warriors aren't in the finals...revenue DOWN SOUTH.
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by xwolverine: 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2018
Follygunners:

Funny how no one mentioned the reversed call in game 1, the multiple ignored fouls in game 2. You lots should be ashamed of yourselves, struggles to beat LBJ in game one even with 3 of the Hamptons 4 on the court.

Let’s talk about who’s king when LBJ moves to 76ers/Celtics/Rockets. Till then, enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.

I’m still curious about why majority of Arsenal fans are now rooting for GSW?
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by xwolverine: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
Curry30:

Did you watch the WC Finals? Houston vs GSW? Officials do favor the Warriors. Every fan wants to see the Curry 3pt show. Imagine the Warriors aren't in the finals...revenue DOWN SOUTH.

Ignore the fair weather GSW fans. Multiple wrong calls in the rockets series, Curry practically running into players and getting free throws for that. Zaza Pachuilia landing on key opposition players during the regular season, clear Flagrant fouls in the rockets series, could limp to a win because CP3 was injured.

They’ll know what’s up down the years, when the matchup becomes less lopsided. 76ers, Celtics, Pelicans, Rockets are keenly watching and GSW has given everyone the blueprint to get the title. Same way they became arsenal fans when the gunners had Henry and the invincibles but now regretting when that era is gone.

1 Like

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by xwolverine: 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
Curry30:

I’d rather watch Donovan Mitchel’s energized plays than Steph’s annoying 3s and excessive shimmies afterwards.
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by dfrost: 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2018
oluwaahmed:

I swear SC made 3 impossible 3 pointers, one was on KJs head.

The guy is on fire. cheesy grin wink
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Follygunners: 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
Curry30:

Just listen to urself... Curry 3-points show against the Rockets? grin. The Rockets possess as much 3-points ammunitions, if not more than the Warriors. Go do a better job with ur facts.
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
RogueX:
Americans Criticising Kevin Durant anyhow, like if they were in his shoes they wouldnt join the best team for trophies.

Call him king snake, fact is he's a King anyway
Don't mind them joor. But...
Durant is good no matter what they call him.

1 Like

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by adekayo1234(m): 7:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
hkidola00:
good please which one do you play, I mean which NBA on phone do u play
just search for NBA on playstore
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Curry30: 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
Follygunners:

Just listen to urself... Curry 3-points show against the Rockets? grin. The Rockets possess as much 3-points ammunitions, if not more than the Warriors. Go do a better job with ur facts.

Dude no offense but I don't think you really understand the content of my last post. Anyway I'm not interested in getting into an arguement with you so I'll just pass. Peace
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Curry30: 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
xwolverine:

I’d rather watch Donovan Mitchel’s energized plays than Steph’s annoying 3s and excessive shimmies afterwards.

Hahaha...Spyda is the real deal. Truly, I love that guy. Curry is quite lucky he's balling in an era where defenses are much weaker. Imagine jacking up such 3s against The Bad Boys Pistons or the KG led Celtics? He'll wind up so beat up with injuries cos those guys were 'in your face defenders'
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by Curry30: 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
xwolverine:

Funny how no one mentioned the reversed call in game 1, the multiple ignored fouls in game 2. You lots should be ashamed of yourselves, struggles to beat LBJ in game one even with 3 of the Hamptons 4 on the court.

Let’s talk about who’s king when LBJ moves to 76ers/Celtics/Rockets. Till then, enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.

I’m still curious about why majority of Arsenal fans are now rooting for GSW?

LBJ wouldn't go to Boston 'cos Kyrie is there. Remember he left CLE to be away from LBJs shadow. Philly got a good young core and if LBJ signs with them...they are sure contenders. New Orleans and Houston are destinations that are just so tempting. Can only wonder where he will head to next. Keep in mind the Melo situation in OKC. Both James and Melo could end up in LA.
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by xwolverine: 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
Curry30:

Hahaha...Spyda is the real deal. Truly, I love that guy. Curry is quite lucky he's balling in an era where defenses are much weaker. Imagine jacking up such 3s against The Bad Boys Pistons or the KG led Celtics? He'll wind up so beat up with injuries cos those guys were 'in your face defenders'

Mere playing against a soft Rockets showed the GSW soft underbelly, the bad boy pistons would slaughter them no doubt
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by xwolverine: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
Curry30:

LBJ wouldn't go to Boston 'cos Kyrie is there. Remember he left CLE to be away from LBJs shadow. Philly got a good young core and if LBJ signs with them...they are sure contenders. New Orleans and Houston are destinations that are just so tempting. Can only wonder where he will head to next. Keep in mind the Melo situation in OKC. Both James and Melo could end up in LA.

Philly isn't ready, Joel Embiid feels he's the best thing since sliced bread, Ben Simmons is still green, Bellineli is more effective from the bench, all in all 76ers needs more players with big hearts. Something the Celtics have.

LBJ might well end up in Boston. There's the possibility of Kyrie going the other way, which would be ironic and some picks thrown in for good measure, it makes sense as well, since they've remained competitive with Rozier. Looking at what happens with Isaiah Thomas, Celtics don't owe you loyalty nor do they trade with sentiments.

Kyrie chose to have an operation on a depressed septum, showing he didn't believe his team would go all the way to the finals. The depressed septum procedure is a minor cosmetic surgery usually done by all these IG models to justify nose augmentation. All I'm saying is that, he could've waited till the end of the playoffs before going in for the procedure.

I shudder at the thought of Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Al horford and Tatum on the same team with LBJ. That's a more balanced setup than the setup at Houston, with two ball dominant Point guards which affect LeBron's play. CP3 is an alpha and wouldn't be a good mix with LBJ calling the shots
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by hkidola00(m): 10:42pm On Jun 09, 2018
adekayo1234:
just search for NBA on playstore
ok u mean NBA live, it requires steady internet to play, which network do u use when playing it?
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by adekayo1234(m): 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
hkidola00:
ok u mean NBA live, it requires steady internet to play, which network do u use when playing it?
yeah NBA live... I use etisalat and mtn

1 Like

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by xwolverine: 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
Curry30:

James wouldn't play with Melo ever again, only if doesn't value wining the league. Melo hasn't lived up to expectations, I wasn't surprised the Cavs passed on him earlier in the season when he was available.

Another situation is if Paul George, Khawai and Deandre Jordan move to Cleveland plus getting a good three point shooter to help Kyle Korver
Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title by hkidola00(m): 11:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
adekayo1234:
yeah NBA live... I use etisalat and mtn
i couldn't load or play it, glo has been giving me nightmare,anyway I use AIRTEL,but wot kind of subscribtion do u use on AIRTEL, u know d game do consume mb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Table-tennis: Quadri Beats Rival, Assar To Win Second Senior Championship / Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register / Pictures From Eko 2012 Opening Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.