Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa (6560 Views)

The Menace That Is Royal Air Maroc! / Is It Advisable To Book Lagos To London Flight With Royal Air Maroc? / Royal Air Maroc Aircraft Attacked At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by meobizy(f): 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
I have never used the airline but I have booked it for someone else. The person didn't have any complaint as it was his first international flight.
I strongly believe it's best to use budget airlines ONLY when one is a first time traveler. Trust me, your excitement to leave the country will overshadow any bad treatment you may face.

Will I knowingly try this airline after reading this thread? Yes. I will only make sure I have a nice hotel accommodation with a massage parlour ready when I drop down. I need pampering after punishment, biko, I can't die for anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by Chuchunana: 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
Pele poster...Kagari, you can pass the same information to her but try and be a little empathetic nao, she went through a terrible experience according to what she narrated

2 Likes

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by kagari: 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
Chuchunana:
Pele poster...Kagari, you can pass the same information to her but try and be a little empathetic nao, she went through a terrible experience according to what she narrated

Actually i am with the poster, till she turned like i was the cause of her problem. Typical nigeria human wanting to win people with emotions instead of facts.

Just around 2 percent i have booked air maroc for had negative remarkz most they complained about food.

The poster allegations doesnt hold water joor, pitying her his left for us, she must not sway us to pity her if she was at wrong and fails to want to admit
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by shadeag(f): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
kagari:

Actually i am with the poster, till she turned like i was the cause of her problem. Typical nigeria human wanting to win people with emotions instead of facts.

Just around 2 percent i have booked air maroc for had negative remarkz most they complained about food.

The poster allegations doesnt hold water joor, pitying her his left for us, she must not sway us to pity her if she was at wrong and fails to want to admit

this woman kagarri stop acting like what i cant even explain..why are you carrying the matter on your head like gala..quit acting like a woman and grow up and keep on telling lies to the gullible ones and keep on supporting air moroc.you are the worse nigerian ever defending morrocan air that keep on messing with your fellow nigerian..i know the little money you want to extort from the gulibles that will ask you to book for them thats twisting your head.guess what morroco dont give a F about you.this is why i dislike nigerian ticket and visa agents..again quit carrying the matter like gala on your head and move on..people book your ticket directly from the airline and dont trust these satanic agents

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by shadeag(f): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
Chuchunana:

worse experience..leave the kagarri guy to sit down there and be talking about what he doesnt know and by the way i dont need no info from him..i have lived in different countries and i have been traveling for a very long time.i dont need twisted words from a nigerian ticket agent
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by shadeag(f): 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
kagari:

Madam the good i have done for a lot of passengers for free, no airline, agency or what have you would ever do it

Like i say emotions dont win case but facts

And i insist, if your boarding gate was changed, air maroc would have informed you by any means, secondly you cant be the only traveler with that same problem, how come you were the only one to miss your flight?

Madam as of this moment your only case is delayed and damage luggage, if you have evidence and facts sue air maroc

Any lawyer can jump on your case if you have solid facts and evidence void of emotion

are you slow or is there something wrong with you...I SAID AIR MOROC DID NOT CONTACT ME...NO CONTACT...DO YOU NEED ME TO SCREAM SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND..OMG!!!

I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT MISSED MY FLIGHT...CAPISH...DID IT SINK IN NOW?

i dont have money to sue no airline.i created the thread to warn and make people learn

1 Like

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by kagari: 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
shadeag:

this woman kagarri stop acting like what i cant even explain..why are you carrying the matter on your head like gala..quit acting like a woman and grow up and keep on telling lies to the gullible ones and keep on supporting air moroc.you are the worse nigerian ever defending morrocan air that keep on messing with your fellow nigerian..i know the little money you want to extort from the gulibles that will ask you to book for them thats twisting your head.guess what morroco dont give a F about you.this is why i dislike nigerian ticket and visa agents..again quit carrying the matter like gala on your head and move on..people book your ticket directly from the airline and dont trust these satanic agents

maam first i am a man

secondly when i had solid facts against air maroc i fought them offline and online especially via nairaland check my archives

i did same against egypt air also

but my simple point to you is i am in the know than you, i have over 30 persons that has travelled with air maroc through me, i personally keep first hand and close relationship with my clients. when the opportunity presents itself i ask about the airline. majority enjoyed it in relationship to the cost compared to other airline. the few that complained was basically cause of the small food or litlle to no inflight entertainment for long hauled flight

so if you have a solid case provide facts, if you have none you quite pursuing your case cause the airline can sue you for defamation. i say all this out of love maam. do have a lovely weekend

1 Like

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by shadeag(f): 4:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
kagari:

maam first i a man

secondly when i had solid facts against air maroc i fought offline and online especially nairaland check my archives

i did same against egypt air also

but my simple point to you is i am in the know than you, i have over 30 persons that has travelled with air maroc through me, i personally keep first hand and close relationship with my clients. when the opportunity presents itself i ask about the airline. majority enjoyed it in relationship to the cost compared to other airline. the few that complained was basically cause of the small food or litlle to no inflight entertainment for long hauled flight

so if you have a solid case provide facts, if you have none you quite pursuing your case cause the airline can sue you for defamation. i say all this out of love maam. do have a lovely weekend

yea i know you are a man..but your acting like a woman..so you are a woman..please stop promoting your business on this thread...open another thread and promote your ticket sales..bye
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by kagari: 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
shadeag:

yea i know you are a man..but your acting like a woman..so you are a woman..please stop promoting your business on this thread...open another thread and promote your ticket sales..bye

next time you get a ticket from an airline send me a copy and i would help interpret the rules just incase you too busy less i forget for free

1 Like

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by NosoChic: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
@shadeag , just my 2 cents.
I've learnt the hard way to travel with a reputable agent especially when I'm using all these Turkish Airlines...you see i had a very similar experience where Turkish airline decided to be VERY STUPID and I was left stranded at the airport- I contacted the travel agency and gave it to them HOT and SPICY- they refunded me my £400 ticket I paid for an Emirates return ticket.
I somehow think some of these agents know how to torture these airlines.
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by uboma(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2018
cronsberg:
Nothing in hell will make me fly all these danfo airlines like air maroc, afriqiya, kenyan etc when world class recognized airlines like emirates, qatar, lufthansa, klm, british airways etc exist. The difference in cost between these world class airlines and the danfo ones are in most cases just plus or minus fifty to one hundred dollars. I will rather sacrifice the extra money and enjoy world class cabin experience, world class cuisine, world class safety, world class terminal buildings, etc than allow some socalled north african arab to mistreat me in there airports even though they collected my hard earned money. No way

Kenyan airline may not be in the class with KLM, Lufthansa and the rest but I have patronized them couple of times and never had reason to regret my choice.

If you have had a bitter experience with Kenyan Airline, please share it here.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by Moety: 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
uboma:

Kenyan airline may not be in the class with KLM, Lufthansa and the rest but I have patronized them couple of times and never had reason to regret my choice.

Cheers

Spot on.

My experience flying to China, Kenya Airways experience was superb.

I can even comfortably say it's at par with BA which I've flown before.
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by uboma(m): 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
Moety:

Spot on.

My experience flying to China, Kenya Airways experience was superb.

I can even comfortably say it's at par with BA which I've flown before.

Thank you for this positive review about Kenyan Airline.

I will be due to travel overseas in a couple of weeks and I plan on patronizing Kenyan Airline again if it is their route.

Their services are top notch.
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by kagari: 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
East Africa countries are really investing in their aviation industry, you know many of them depend largely on tourism,. Kenya air, ethiopia air ( which have won best airline in africa a couple of times), rwanda air etc

North africa airlines are just known for cheap fares but dont really care on other espects

1 Like

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by Adebuble(f): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
shadeag:
if you have ears listen or else you would sleep overnight at their airport.do not fly air moroc..worse planes with no WIFI or entertainment,bad customer care and they made me miss my flight and i was forced to pay $200 or else i would have slept in their bad airport for days..i saw people at the airport that have been there for days..they dont offer you food or water..i can go on and on,that airline treat you badly if you dont speak french or arabic.STAY AWAY FROM AIR MORROC

oh and lastly..i got to nigeria and my luggage didnt come with the plane and i asked them at morroco to make sure..i got my luggages after 5days and they destroyed my new boxes

Used them 8yrs ago, had same experience.. Meanwhile a friend used them n said good things, me I don't think I will ever use the again...they don't care for Nigerians..

1 Like

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by AZeD1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
I flew Royal Air Maroc from Lagos to Montreal and it was good. We had a 7 hour stop over at Casablanca and we were transported to their lounge (it had WiFi and sleeping spaces) and we were given food.
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by kagari: 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
AZeD1:
I flew Royal Air Maroc from Lagos to Montreal and it was good. We had a 7 hour stop over at Casablanca and we were transported to their lounge (it had WiFi and sleeping spaces) and we were given food.

Exactly my point. Its an individual thing
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by freudianslip(m): 11:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
I flew Royal Air Maroc on August 20th 2017. LOS-JFK I bought my ticket from wakanow and I had 11hrs stopover in casablanca. In all honesty, everything went well. We were taken to their new lounge, food was served and free wifi (not strong tho). We boarded a bigger plane from casablanca to jfk and it was very smooth. I empathize with the OP. Some people sometimes have terrible experience with the so called better airline. Diff stroke for diff folks. Na our pocket matter most.
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by gracet: 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2018
freudianslip:
I flew Royal Air Maroc on August 20th 2017. LOS-JFK I bought my ticket from wakanow and I had 11hrs stopover in casablanca. In all honesty, everything went well. We were taken to their new lounge, food was served and free wifi (not strong tho). We boarded a bigger plane from casablanca to jfk and it was very smooth. I empathize with the OP. Some people sometimes have terrible experience with the so called better airline. Diff stroke for diff folks. Na our pocket matter most.
Please how did you book for the flight? I have been struggling with it online and using a travel agent seems to be more expensive.
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by willy2000(m): 8:20am On Jul 07, 2018
kagari:

Exactly my point. Its an individual thing
In as much as I really don't like posting here. But I just couldn't take the way you reacted to op. Yes, experience with an airline is an individual thing, but from my own experience, I am with the op on this. My first flight with royal air maroc was a nightmare. They have terrible service, if you don't speak French or Arabic you are on your own. I also nearly missed my flight from Casablanca due to their error. I was just lucky to have asked around and I was directed accordingly.

Let us stop painting what is not as if it is. I was also told by immigration officials that I was lucky to have my luggage at the time of arrival. Well, it seems to be their trademark if such situation is well known by airport officials. And I can bet with my left balls, you don't get compensated if your luggage is delayed.

Well, I have promised myself never to fly with them again, I even advise my friends and family not to.
So Mr. we know they offer cheap flights compared to the rest but their service is awful, what I find irritating is ignoring you at Casablanca if you don't speak French or Arabic. That is a total turn off for me.

4 Likes

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by Powerhousemm: 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2018
willy2000:

In as much as I really don't like posting here. But I just couldn't take the way you reacted to op. Yes, experience with an airline is an individual thing, but from my own experience, I am with the op on this. My first flight with royal air maroc was a nightmare. They have terrible service, if you don't speak French or Arabic you are on your own. I also nearly missed my flight from Casablanca due to their error. I was just lucky to have asked around and I was directed accordingly.

Let us stop painting what is not as if it is. I was also told by immigration officials that I was lucky to have my luggage at the time of arrival. Well, it seems to be their trademark if such situation is well known by airport officials. And I can bet with my left balls, you don't get compensated if your luggage is delayed.

Well, I have promised myself never to fly with them again, I even advise my friends and family not to.
So Mr. we know they offer cheap flights compared to the rest but their service is awful, what I find irritating is ignoring you at Casablanca if you don't speak French or Arabic. That is a total turn off for me.

Obviously, the language barrier creates huge problem for a typical Nigerian having layover in Casablanca.
From the comments of folks about having nice time with Airmoroc, it seems they all had a direct flight, and the flights were to English speaking countries, certainly they are bound to have stress free flight.

@Kagari, I believe you need to understand that the op went through a bad experience. And she is right about expressing her feelings so that others will learn from her experience. Defending the airline when you were not on the same flight with her is not the best way to identify yourself as a sales rep for Airmoroc, honestly your response to the op's posts only confirmed that you are aware of Airmoroc's ugly side.

@Kagari I will advice you remain silent about issues like this because all airlines mess up at times and defending the indefensible especially when it comes to budget airlines can be sucidial. Afterall the OP used her two legs waka go buy tickect at the airline directly, she did not buy it from you, so I don't expect you to be this hard on her. Or are we missing something

3 Likes

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by freudianslip(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
gracet:

Please how did you book for the flight? I have been struggling with it online and using a travel agent seems to be more expensive.
I only frequent here on my free days.. Sorry for replying this late. Booking on wakanow is very easy. Were you able to get it done or you later use an agent? You can reach me on rosco152003@yahoo.com.
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by Cyberknight: 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
uboma:

Cheers

I've flown KQ 4 times, roundtrips to Nairobi from Lagos, to Kigali from Nairobi and to Madagascar from Nairobi.
In all honesty, all 4 times the flights went off well even though the Nairobi to Madagascar flight was delayed on both legs of the trip. I'm scheduled to travel to Kenya again in February and I'll definitely fly KQ again.

As someone mentioned above, the East Africans are really doing well in aviation. I've also flown Rwandair from Kigali to Lagos and it was also excellent. All these airlines are all government owned, another lesson we have to learn before we float the so-called Nigeria Air.

It is instructive that there are no major West African airlines to speak of since Arik's demise and the only other airline active internationally in West Africa is Asky, which is operated by Ethiopian Airlines.

We need to get our act together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by uboma(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
Cyberknight:

I've flown KQ 4 times, roundtrips to Nairobi from Lagos, to Kigali from Nairobi and to Madagascar from Nairobi.
In all honesty, all 4 times the flights went off well even though the Nairobi to Madagascar flight was delayed on both legs of the trip. I'm scheduled to travel to Kenya again in February and I'll definitely fly KQ again.

As someone mentioned above, the East Africans are really doing well in aviation. I've also flown Rwandair from Kigali to Lagos and it was also excellent. All these airlines are all government owned, another lesson we have to learn before we float the so-called Nigeria Air.

It is instructive that there are no major West African airlines to speak of since Arik's demise and the only other airline active internationally in West Africa is Asky, which is operated by Ethiopian Airlines.

You are on point.

Don't forget to have some Tuska Beer during your stay in Kenya.
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by BedLam: 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
Cyberknight:

No country can promote tourism without their national carrier. These countries are boosting tourism band they understand the importance of flying the carrier. This is my issue with the so called carrier we want to fly. It's a waste if tourism is next to zero.
And then you talk about airports. You can't have a hub be messed up like Lagos airport.
The airport needs to be sold as well to have better services.

1 Like

Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by Godson201333(m): 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
Op Next time,Try to at least get travel policy...If you live in any of those western countries, Its easy to get.Even though many of those international airlines are responsible for your delay and luggage damages.Some credit card companies even allow you to enjoy travel insurance policies as long as you booked your ticket using their credit card.....Your bag might be broken by some crooks at the Muritala muhammed international airport....Have you ever asked yourself why some passengers Sellotape their luggage like a damaged currency?

In Nigeria you can get such policy from Aiico Insurance and many more....
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by LaudableXX: 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
Cyberknight:
I've flown KQ 4 times, roundtrips to Nairobi from Lagos, to Kigali from Nairobi and to Madagascar from Nairobi. In all honesty, all 4 times the flights went off well even though the Nairobi to Madagascar flight was delayed on both legs of the trip. I'm scheduled to travel to Kenya again in February and I'll definitely fly KQ again.

KQ is great. cheesy I have flown them several times to Nairobi and other West African countries. But I once had a bad experience with them in Zimbabwe, on my way to Namibia. I had to take a connecting flight to Zim from Nairobi. I should have spent 2 hours in Jomo Kenyatta Airport before making the connection, but I was surprised when I disembarked and was told the connecting flight was just about to leave, so I should rush and make sure I got on board. It turns out the airline staff were wrong. sad

There was a connecting flight quite alright, but not mine. I got to Zimbabwe, and that was where everything went wrong. The Zim immigration officials were hostile, while the KQ officials were nowhere to be found. angry I had to spend the night, lying on a bench within the airport. In the morning, I marched off to the KQ office once they were open, and gave them a good piece of my mind! They were quite apologetic though, and took me to the first class lounge in the airport, offered me free food and drinks, and rebooked my next connecting flight, at no additional charge! wink
Re: Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa by KnowledgeIsPawa: 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2020
I am reading this thread a year and a half later but I couldn't resist the urge to reply to the. kagari man.
It's most unfortunate the way he kept attacking the OP. I don't think even the owners of the airline will attack her that much.

Kagari sounds like one of those people who are called smart alec . Just because you have a little knowledge of something, you assume you are an expert.

Personally, I have flown with Air Maroc and that was about 10 years ago. I knew it was a budget airline and I didn't expect much. Nothing significant happened on the flight for me to castigate them, apart from the fact that on one of the flights, I didn't like how luggages were packed in the cabin as if it is a molue. However, it is what it is. A low budget airline.

Having said that, Kagari added a lot of emotion to the defence of the airline, while at the same time accusing the OP of emotional arguments . The emotion of the OP is understandable because it was her experience. What I do not understand is the emotion of the Kagari man and why he has made it almost personal.

kagari was not on the flight with the OP and he didn't know exactly what the OP encountered and he was condescending enough to tell the OP what her claims are. This was even after she has given more details about how she wasn't the only one.

Kagari was not there, his argument is baseless. In this kind of case, he can only advise and even empathize, not make definitive statements.

The OP's experience might not have been as bad as she claimed or it might be exactly as she claimed. It might have been worse than she claimed. It might even be her fault. But she said it wasn't. I don't believe her, I cannot also accuse her of lying. We were not there.

It was her experience and there is no need for people like Kagari to be sanctimonious about it as if Air Maroc is beyond communication breakdown. Even the United Nations is not beyond communication breakdown.

Quit making this type of definitive statements about someone's predicament when you were not there. You should know that no organisation is perfect. Not to talk of Royal Air Maroc.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist / Ghana For My Honeymoon / Please Which Country Can I Travel With 2.7 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.