Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

What Is The Best Football Game? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Is The Best Football Game? (4396 Views)

Pes 19 Is The Worst Football Game Out There Currently. / Best Football Game Or Football Manager Game (offline) / Review: FIFA 18 Is The Most Realistic Football Game Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by gbengapeter(m): 6:23am On Jul 17, 2018
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 6:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
JoseRaji:

Dude. Get a hold of yourself. If you feel insulted that's because it's your natural instinct to get defensive when someone talks about your beloved PES in a way you're not in agreement with. Who is insulting PES fans? When someone can test both on his computer what's the use of IGN ratings? I uninstalled PES 18 in January of this year. I had both on my PC. in fact, I got PES 18 BEFORE I got FIFA 2018. Where did I call myself a "FIFA die hard fan?"
Give FIFA a try. Play it for a month. Play it with other people. See the difference. Feel the difference. And stop depending on ratings by people who have NVIDIA graphics cards and 4k screens. Check am for your own PC.
Who wants to argue with you here?

Alright I don't have a 4k screen but I do have a NVIDIA GTX graphics card and I tried fifa but I only loved the graphics, I prefer the pes game play. But maybe I'd try it for a month but all my friends in Uni are die hard fifa fans
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
LucemFerre:

IGN is operated by humans for fvcks sakes they have taste and tastes ain't always the same. And no, it's not based on players all over the world. Where the hell did you get that info?
And nothing is standard (metacritic, Gamespot, steam wouldn't be existing if it was standard) they have criteria they base a game's worth by and that could be totally opposite of what I or any other person would rate a game by.

Rate a game base on personal review not zombie-ly following reviewers.
See what those fvckers at Rotten Tomatoes are doing to good movies.

My personal verdict (and standard for me) is that PES is only better with player movements and reaction. But their attacking and defensive system are too crowded, sometimes colliding with themselves.
Fifa players space themselves well like real football players would in a pitch.

At the end of the day, it's really about personal preference... If PES is giving you what FIFA isn't then you go for PES and vice versa.

Maybe but I buy games based on ratings and reviews and so far so good I haven't regretted.
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LZAA: 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
Hazzyking:
cool[b][/b]
Pes used to be ahead infact way ahead of fifa until.... they decided to try and be like fifa
Football is a simple game only idiots make it complicated
Also pes did not help themselves by being cheap via licenses
Only hardcore and geography wise footie fans know norfolk,berkshire and the rest
Sadly the rest of the world ie mainstream dont fall into that category
Hard to believe that the only time fifa ever beat pes was in 1999
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LZAA: 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
Holuwaferanmi:

Maybe but I buy games based on ratings and reviews and so far so good I haven't regretted.
Mate that's the wrong way to go
Buy what catches ur fancy
Think of candy crush and angry birds(yes android i know) but u get the point
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LucemFerre: 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
Holuwaferanmi:

Fair enough.
I got mgs v, witcher 3, mass effect, Deus Ex because of reviews and I hated those games
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
LZAA:

Mate that's the wrong way to go
Buy what catches ur fancy
Think of candy crush and angry birds(yes android i know) but u get the point

Thanks. I think I get you. But I just fancy reviews cause I know what to expect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
LucemFerre:

Fair enough.
I got mgs v, witcher 3, mass effect, Deus Ex because of reviews and I hated those games

Witcher 3 is good mate but i'm into Elder scrolls 5 skyrim
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LucemFerre: 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
Holuwaferanmi:

Witcher 3 is good mate but i'm into Elder scrolls 5 skyrim

Heh! Yea, I'm not surprised you like it...
2 hours into the game and I disliked it... Long unskipable boring conversations, clichéd story, Boring fight sim, Not like DMC, Nier, MGR, hell even Shadow of Mordor has a better fight sim than it.
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2018
LucemFerre:

Heh! Yea, I'm not surprised you like it...
2 hours into the game and I disliked it... Long unskipable boring conversations, clichéd story, Boring fight sim, Not like DMC, Nier, MGR, hell even Shadow of Mordor has a better fight sim than it.

DMC is crazy, 5 will be out soon, am waiting for red redemption 3 and also I haven't heard of Nier, I'd check it out, by the way, do you play overwatch?
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LucemFerre: 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
Holuwaferanmi:

DMC is crazy, 5 will be out soon, am waiting for red redemption 3 and also I haven't heard of Nier, I'd check it out, by the way, do you play overwatch?

Nier has crazy combos. I haven't played overwatch and probably wouldn't. Too cartoony. grin not that there's anything wrong with that.
DMC 5 would be cool. But, damn... Dante aged badly. I just hope that's a temporary look
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2018
Controller360:

You played ps4's version before?

PES on ps4 is not good. Ps3 and ps2 are far more better than it
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 4:45am On Jul 18, 2018
LucemFerre:

Nier has crazy combos. I haven't played overwatch and probably wouldn't. Too cartoony. grin not that there's anything wrong with that.
DMC 5 would be cool. But, damn... Dante aged badly. I just hope that's a temporary look

Same here, have you seen shadow of modor 2?
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LucemFerre: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2018
Holuwaferanmi:

Same here, have you seen shadow of modor 2?

Yea, I saw it on e3 last year, I think it's called shadow of war or something like that... I didn't really finish shadow of Mordor, too many distractions + my controller started acting up. But, the game was so much fun.
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LucemFerre: 8:27am On Jul 18, 2018
Sorry OP for digressing... Let's talk about football games grin
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2018
LucemFerre:

Yea, I saw it on e3 last year, I think it's called shadow of war or something like that... I didn't really finish shadow of Mordor, too many distractions + my controller started acting up. But, the game was so much fun.

you are a console gamer ?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LucemFerre: 10:04am On Jul 18, 2018
Holuwaferanmi:

you are a console gamer ?

No sir... PC
I wouldn't mind getting a console though... I really miss Halo
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2018
LucemFerre:

No sir... PC
I wouldn't mind getting a console though... I really miss Halo

You said controller so I was wondering if you're a console gammer and I'm just a 17 year old kid so no need to be too formal, I never played hallo am much more into the COD franchise played most of them, Ghost mw4- mw 2, advance warfare,black ops 2 and a friend got BO3 but not interested, i'm getting infinite warfare soon , i also played BF4 and BF3, but wasn't as cool as COD at least to me, then also I love Mass effect, am stuck at andromeda lol.
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LucemFerre: 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
Holuwaferanmi:

You said controller so I was wondering if you're a console gammer and I'm just a 17 year old kid so no need to be too formal, I never played hallo am much more into the COD franchise played most of them, Ghost mw4- mw 2, advance warfare,black ops 2 and a friend got BO3 but not interested, i'm getting infinite warfare soon , i also played BF4 and BF3, but wasn't as cool as COD at least to me, then also I love Mass effect, am stuck at andromeda lol.

Heh! That's cool.
I use controller for sport games, fighting and hack and slash.
I've played all those too + black ops 1 (it was great), also played BF1 (wasn't good), Bad company and Hardline...
I'm a shooter person myself. Just love to shoot bad guys, reload take cover, strategize n all... I like the rush to shooting games. Similar kinda rush you get playing racing games.

I never found love for mass effect. I played 2 of 'em and I got tired of them. They're weird.
But, it seems like they would be fun for someone who likes the franchise.
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
LucemFerre:

Heh! That's cool.
I use controller for sport games, fighting and hack and slash.
I've played all those too + black ops 1 (it was great), also played BF1 (wasn't good), Bad company and Hardline...
I'm a shooter person myself. Just love to shoot bad guys, reload take cover, strategize n all... I like the rush to shooting games. Similar kinda rush you get playing racing games.

I never found love for mass effect. I played 2 of 'em and I got tired of them. They're weird.
But, it seems like they would be fun for someone who likes the franchise.

Well I kinda like space franchise game so that's why I guess I love mass effect.

Racing games are great, forza, NFs my favourite is the Run, also I am not really good at racing game, I suck at turning but now am getting a grab of it, I play only soccer and 1v1 fighting like naruto, wrestling with controller, but i'm getting an Xbox pad so I should start most of my games with a controller I just use a normal havic pad with vibrations enable.
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LucemFerre: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2018
Holuwaferanmi:

Well I kinda like space franchise game so that's why I guess I love mass effect.

Racing games are great, forza, NFs my favourite is the Run, also I am not really good at racing game, I suck at turning but now am getting a grab of it, I play only soccer and 1v1 fighting like naruto, wrestling with controller, but i'm getting an Xbox pad so I should start most of my games with a controller I just use a normal havic pad with vibrations enable.

Oh, ok... Yea those are good too, I guess, especially if you prefer Dpad more. I prefer using joysticks that's why I prefer Xbox controller positioning, and now I can't comfortably play games with those kinda generic controllers anymore.

My fav NFS was Hot Pursuit 2010. The run doesn't allow one to drift a little into the bush. They'll reset one's car. That was super annoying.
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
LucemFerre:

Oh, ok... Yea those are good too, I guess, especially if you prefer Dpad more. I prefer using joysticks that's why I prefer Xbox controller positioning, and now I can't comfortably play games with those kinda generic controllers anymore.

My fav NFS was Hot Pursuit 2010. The run doesn't allow one to drift a little into the bush. They'll reset one's car. That was super annoying.

Lol I get your point but have you tried blur multilayer? It's freaking cool
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LucemFerre: 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2018
Holuwaferanmi:

Lol I get your point but have you tried blur multilayer? It's freaking cool

Yea did... Last I played it was last year. I wonder why they don't wanna release a sequel to that game. It's one of its kind
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Holuwaferanmi(m): 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
LucemFerre:

Yea did... Last I played it was last year. I wonder why they don't wanna release a sequel to that game. It's one of its kind

True, could make sense if it were to be like a death race franchise.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by Controller360: 8:44am On Jul 20, 2018
LucemFerre:

The run's fucking annoying... Go offroad small like this, na reset cry
Re: What Is The Best Football Game? by LucemFerre: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2018
Controller360:

The run's fucking annoying... Go offroad small like this, na reset cry

Ikr

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Master League Have An End? / Pes 2008 Vs Fifa 2008 (2009 modes are out also......) / Step By Step FIFA 14 Installation Instructions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.