Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Endsars Campaign Returns On Twitter As Nigerians Allege Killing, Brutalization - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Endsars Campaign Returns On Twitter As Nigerians Allege Killing, Brutalization (430 Views)

Woman Allegedly Kills Boss Inside Office Allege Sexual Harassment / #Ekitimourns Trends On Twitter As At Least 20 Lives Lost A Trailer Accident / Charley @yabaki, #ENDSARS Campaign Mastermind: SARS Threatens To Kill Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endsars Campaign Returns On Twitter As Nigerians Allege Killing, Brutalization by Otunbalarry: 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
NEWS DIGEST – The #EndSARS Campaign has began trending hugely on Twitter again.
The campaign which started months ago was rested after the Nigerian Police force through the inspector General of Police promised to end the menace of Special Anti-Robbery squad personnels (F-SARS).
Irked by the alleged continual killings and brutalization of people, Nigerians have taken to Twitter to relaunch the campaign.
The campaign is currently trending on Twitter.

https://newsdigest.ng/featured/2018/06/09/endsars-campaign-twitter/

Re: Endsars Campaign Returns On Twitter As Nigerians Allege Killing, Brutalization by troublemakea(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
Normal rant and nothing will be done
that's just how devastating 9ja is rn
Re: Endsars Campaign Returns On Twitter As Nigerians Allege Killing, Brutalization by Uyiii: 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2018
The truth is, I don't have any qualms with an advocation for anything to be brought to an abrupt end in 9ja, whatever it is. SARS, JTF or even Nigeria herself. End all.

The only issue that seems very contradictory and unfathomable for me right now is the implication of the outcome of the #endsars mantra.
I've been wanting to see this direction of reasoning from us, although I've seen a few that aligns with mine but it's quite unfortunate many advocates of the #endsars mantra are very oblivious of what the outcome will give birth to.

I'm gonna highlight a few questions with us, moreorless statements that will help us have an insight of the idea I am tryna promulgate.

. If we end SARS, does it mean we're gonna sack all the people working as SARS men, or we're just ending the name SARS which is a fraction of the 9ja police force, then the human beings formerly identified as SARS will now be resheffled into other fractions of the police force.
If the latter is what the outcry for #endsars is gonna give birth to, just changing the name SARS to something else, whereas the people remains, then we've achieved nothing.

. Okay, let's say #endsars advocacy means sack these people and it comes to fruition and they're all relieved off their obligations. REALLY
we complaining of unemployment in 9ja and you want to release more unemployed men into the unemployment industry, not just that, these guys are skilled in handling guns already.
so what do you think will become of 9ja if the situation turns out this way??

With my 2kobo, I really hope I've been able to convince but not to confuse you that the advocacy for #endsars will only do more harm than good.

P.s: I am a Nigerian, I want the good of my country. I am a youth, I value our rights and wants it to be respected.
But I do not encourage fraudulent activities, if you're a fraudster and you're caught by any of the armed forces, that's your own cup of coffee.
And it's funny when I see misguided fraudsters hawk the #endsars mantra on their head like gala taking advantage of the trend because innocent people have been victims of the incessant harassments.

I'm willing and anticipating to hear other contrary opinions garnished with nice ideas that will mitigate the negative implications/consequences of the #endsars resultant outcome.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Endsars Campaign Returns On Twitter As Nigerians Allege Killing, Brutalization by Adaowerri111: 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
If this is happening in the states you will see more tweets from our yeyebrities, foolish fake people.
Re: Endsars Campaign Returns On Twitter As Nigerians Allege Killing, Brutalization by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2018
troublemakea:
Normal rant and nothing will be done

that's just how devastating 9ja is rn
Re: Endsars Campaign Returns On Twitter As Nigerians Allege Killing, Brutalization by hisgrace090: 1:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
Our leaders are in support of them from the look of things.

(1) (Reply)

Man Beaten, Paraded Unclad For Stealing From Building Site In Ogun State (PICS) / Us-based Nigerian Pharmacist Kills Himself After Shooting Wife, Daughter Dead / Police Arrest Comedians For Criticising Church In New Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.